Page 1 of 2
LastLast

T1 PVP weapon vs HC starshatter

Cant really decide which one is better for PVP. Got the heroic Starshatter and now i have the points for the T1 PVP sword. Im wondering is that 9% more damage gained from the PVP power outweight the higher weapon dmg and the 334str/501stamina.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87061

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84790
    Last edited by Adlian; 2012-11-09 at 05:03 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your current stats matter if you want someone to do the math, but the PvP weapon will 'always' be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Your current stats matter if you want someone to do the math, but the PvP weapon will 'always' be better.
    Bull5hit. The normal 489 is already better than the T1 weapon, damage wise, so the 502 is even better.

lolno, no pvppower so how is it better?

PvP weps for PvP

PvE weps for PvE

Isnt WotlK/Cata anymore guys!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it seems since the weapons have gobs of PvP power compared so that the vast bulk of your total PvP power would come from that (Kind of like spellpower weapons having the bulk of your spellpower compared to the rest of your armor), while it will be slightly less in PvE situations, the PvP weapons should be better in PvP because of all of the PvP Power they have.

Its really not that easy, using pve and pvp weapons in their own expected areas. Its already been stated that the heroic Sha touched weapon (with sha gem) is better than T2, so its not a bad question asking if a 502 starshatter is better than the 470 pvp weapon. 25% weapon damage and 300 crit (plus expertise, which most will probably be over cap in full pvp gear) vs ~8-9% flat damage seems pretty close.

Heroic Weapon because of weapon damage >the small amount of pvp power. The STR will make up in a small amount for your diseases, but your Giant Obliterates willl make up for that!

Deleted
    Simply cause of the massive dps on the starshatter, it's best. No doubt about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Starshatter for sure. 4,725 DPS vs 3,506. Which gives Starshatter 1,218 weapon DPS more than t1, which is around 28% more weapon damage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Cant really decide which one is better for PVP. Got the heroic Starshatter and now i have the points for the T1 PVP sword. Im wondering is that 9% more damage gained from the PVP power outweight the higher weapon dmg and the 334str/501stamina.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87061

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84790
    What class are you? I've heard that DK's scale better from weapons dmg then other melee classes, not sure how true it is just something i heard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinu View Post
    lolno, no pvppower so how is it better?
    I have both and the 489 Starshatter does from 1k to almost 2k more damage for each strike. The resilence bonus is too low to be an excuse to use the T1.

Quote Originally Posted by Falopi View Post
    What class are you? I've heard that DK's scale better from weapons dmg then other melee classes, not sure how true it is just something i heard.
    DK and i did some tests. Wearing only the weapon, Howling Blast was doing ~300 more damage when i was wearing Starshatter. Obliterate was critting for ~7k higher. So i guess Starshatter is better than T1 sword.

Deleted
    starshatter way better without a doubt. Maths and gut feeling proves superiority.

Pvp weapon your a DK you need all the resil/pvp power you can get

10+ Year Old Account
    Flerp.

/10 char

Deleted
    pvp power > all

5000 more top end, no debate h starshatter

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP power > any extra DPS.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Symph View Post
    Yeah Starshatter for sure. 4,725 DPS vs 3,506. Which gives Starshatter 1,218 weapon DPS more than t1, which is around 28% more weapon damage.
    And so what?

Weapon's pvp power boost is almost twice as good as the amount of "DPS" the pve sword gives you.

PvP power > any extra "DPS"

Try to go on a full resi healer with a pve weapon. Good luck, no matter how HC it is.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    PvP power > any extra DPS.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:07 PM ----------

And so what?

Weapon's pvp power boost is almost twice as good as the amount of "DPS" the pve sword gives you.

PvP power > any extra "DPS"

Try to go on a full resi healer with a pve weapon. Good luck, no matter how HC it is.
    You think +9% PVP damage is superior to +26% weapon damage, +330 strength, +300 crit and expertise? Okay.

Well you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.