Thread: WoW Pro 2.0

WoW Pro 2.0

I started a post a while back ( Would you like a WoW Reboot?) and it got me thinking of what I want. This is not a thread about what “I” want to force on others or change this and that and that its demanded, far from it. This could possibly be another option ( server specific or separate wow model) This is what I feel would be epic (for me and maybe others would agree):

1. Server is raid themed, it is all about Raiding and Raiding support, competition based

2. Guilds need variety of player types in guild to be successful:
    A) Raiders
    B) PVPers
    C) Dungeon Grinders / Quests / Gathering

3. How does these 3 affect the the others? Dungeon players would a big asset to the guild, in these dungeons they would find/win/fight for perks for guild, which could make Raid nights more successful

4. PVPers, same things, as a guild pvp team - fight for perks for guild, which could make Raid nights more successful. PvP talents would be totally separated from PVE talents.

5. Each expansion would be a season of competition, winners/losers/favourites guilds could influence future components in game

6. Guilds can ‘assist’ other guilds which could bring in “realm politics”

7. Good/ avg/baddie guilds can all play a part, some may be evil perhaps

8. This all meshes together for a competition based realm where all players (while doing the things they enjoy) all strive together for the common good of their guild. The guild needs a good balance to compete and all parties are important to success

Things can be added or taken away here, fine tuned, made better than what my small brain is trying to explain, but hopefully you get the picture. I think this would be a lot fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    This wouldn't be possible with the current game. They'd have to develop an entirely new game, system, and set of servers. Essentially...a different game. I can't imagine Blizzard would want to split World of Warcraft like that.

Perhaps but it could be a model for the future or a future server option, or a new game entirely i guess.

Doesn't all of this already exist in WoW?

1. Raiding is only real endgame.
    2. More different types of players - better for atmosphere in guild.
    3. Guild Achievs, Cash Flow, farm of mats.
    4. Guild Achievs, converting HP into Gold for Guild vault in various elaborated ways.
    5. "competition" is already here. And it influenced raids to become rather small and pure dexterity based.
    6. Guild joint ventures, inter-guild dramas, etc. they still exist.
    7. Bad/Avg guilds feed AH and guild banks of good guilds.
    and for 8 why it doesn't really work that well:

Only a small % of population is actually interested in raiding, especially with new Cata+ raid design. All those 7 points are present in game, and it doesn't work on grand scale due to many reasons, but it works on smaller scale. Far from everyone plays this game due to some "competition", the whole idea of "competition" in video game is way beyond insane. There are people who can play 12+ hours a day and have access to infinite game resources. It's not WoW specific issue only. Base any video game on such "competition" and you will see horrors of nerdworld, where in result less than 1% of players will play in "competition", and other 99% players will slowly leave one after another.

Oh and how do you think, will there really be such players, who would spend all their time doing irrelevant things in the game just so the others would do relevant things in game? I guess you wanted raiding to be more accented on such server, so questing and pvp would be there just for the sake of feeding "competition"? Some filler like what pet battles are now?
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-11-09 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that, in general, Blizzard should accept the fact they they need to move on from their current philosophy (because their perspective of the game simply isn't as we see/experience it) and realize that a LARGE portion of the current and past player-base wants/wanted more theme-specific servers(such as certain points as OP has pointed out)/variety of server-types(such as Role-Playing, PvP, Normal).
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2012-11-09 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    So basically your idea is to have non raiders put in lots of work just to earn perks to the raiders?

Yea...no

Why on earth would i use my game time to earn perks for something i hate?

Also, most of the raiders i know (from my old raiding guild mostly) hate doing non raiding stuff. I'm sure they'd be pretty upset if they had to do pvp just to get an edge in raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    I think that, in general, Blizzard should accept the fact they they need to move on from their current philosophy and realize that a LARGE portion of the current and past player-base wants/wanted more theme-specific servers(such as certain points as OP has pointed out)/variety of server-types(such as Role-Playing, PvP, Normal).
    <-- WotLK 3.3.5 expansion only server.

I kept my complete T10 gear in the hope one day Blizzard would have appearance armor (and wear it even over PvP gear!). I still have many WotLK items as nice momentos from WotLK in the bank and void storage. I'm hearthed in Dalaran. My main mount is TLPD.

It's not talk. It's not wishful thinking. It's not some bandwagon deal. It's the expansion I like and no matter how Blizzard moves on, that's where my WoW heart is...in WotLK.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    So basically your idea is to have non raiders put in lots of work just to earn perks to the raiders?

Yea...no

Why on earth would i use my game time to earn perks for something i hate?

Also, most of the raiders i know (from my old raiding guild mostly) hate doing non raiding stuff. I'm sure they'd be pretty upset if they had to do pvp just to get an edge in raiding
    He suggested a server type... if you don't like it, don't select that server type?
    I'm sure that the OP meant that everyone in the guild would fulfill multiple roles/jobs. No one would purposefully grind low-quality content and going nowhere only for the raiders in their guild, and not to benefit themselves.
    Obviously grinding that content would give you benefits, not only to the raiders in your guild. Otherwise, what would be your purpose for you doing that content/how would doing that content improve yourself?
    If players don't want to do PvP to get an edge in raiding, then that would be their own decision, no? Doing additional work should give you an additional advantage or else that work was for nothing. But because PvP and PvE are two completely different sections of the game, the level in which you advance in each should hardly affect the other, or else problems might occur with balance because of each invading the others sphere of influence.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2012-11-09 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    He suggested a server type... if you don't like it, don't select that server type?
    I'm sure that the OP meant that everyone in the guild would fulfill multiple roles/jobs. No one would purposefully grind low-quality content and going nowhere for the raiders in their guild.
    Obviously grinding that content would give you benefits, not only to the raiders in your guild. Otherwise, what would be your purpose for you doing that content/how would doing that content improve yourself?
    If players don't want to do PvP to get an edge in raiding, then that would be their own decision, no? Doing additional work should give you an additional advantage or else that work was for nothing.
    Right so i guess all the raiders complaining how they feel forced to do dailys or LFR to be competetive are all a figment of my imagination then?

Good luck getting players on a server like that - will never ever happen

If so many people are complaining about dailys and reputations imagine how many would want a game where they'd have to pvp, do 5 mans and quests to get perks for raiding?
    Yea, yea, you can just not do them but then what would be the point of choosing such a server in the first place?

My point was why on earth would Blizz make servers where everything served raiding in the end?
    Given how few people are actually raiding that would be a horrible business move. If anything raiders should earn perks to non raiders instead
    Last edited by mmocd538608e0f; 2012-11-09 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    I'm sure they'd be pretty upset if they had to do pvp just to get an edge in raiding
    Raiders weren't "pretty upset"; back in BC their tears could fill an ocean when pvp weapons were obtainable from honour and on par with their t5 content gear.