Poll: Is Garrosh a suitable Leader?

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've hated him since he became the warchief :/

Deleted
    In this poll you don't give us the option to really hate Garrosh. But instead "I don't like Garrosh that much.....", in other words, there is a small piece about him we still like.

I don't though, Blizzard tried to recreate a Grom Hellscream. And they failed.

Garrosh is a character that went from crybaby, to bad, to worse. Trying to lift up to his dad. Which was a bad ass character.

So imagine this.

If we HADN'T found Pandaria what would have happened? ALL OUT OPEN WAR BETWEEN HORDE AND ALLIANCE. Pandaria really bares no relevance when push comes to shove. It's a vehicle to push the Alliance v. Horde story forward which is why this expansion is so, imo, lacking lorewise even with the Old God connections.

Anyways, up til 5.1, nothing Garrosh has done has been evil or wrong. Hell, one can argue that Sylvanas hasn't really done anything wrong either besides being a bitch. Either way, they have their own code and they follow it to a tee unlike every other leader on both sides. And before someone comes in spewing "GARROSH HAS NO HONOR" just...please read up. Garrosh has more honor in his pinkie than any other leader this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesime View Post
    In this poll you don't give us the option to really hate Garrosh. But instead "I don't like Garrosh that much.....", in other words, there is a small piece about him we still like.

Garrosh is a character that went from crybaby, to bad, to worse. Trying to lift up to his dad. Which was a bad ass character.
    What this thread shows is that the OP, being a Garrosh fan, is slowly beginning to accept the fact that Garrosh isn't the pretend awesome character his mind created, and he may actually be starting to see that maybe, just maybe, Garrosh is infact the giant tool everyone else know's him to be now.
    But of course he can't put it in words.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Anyways, up til 5.1, nothing Garrosh has done has been evil or wrong. Hell, one can argue that Sylvanas hasn't really done anything wrong either besides being a bitch. Either way, they have their own code and they follow it to a tee unlike every other leader on both sides. And before someone comes in spewing "GARROSH HAS NO HONOR" just...please read up. Garrosh has more honor in his pinkie than any other leader this game.
    Thats your opinion, and hate to say it, a very vague one. As most Garrosh fans seem to follow, if Garrosh was to murder babies with his bare hands, your the kind of fan who would say it was for the good of the horde, rather then accept it as an act of evil. Using a nuclear bomb on a city, copying exactly what his corrupt general did to a school of druids? But no, nothing he could do is bad to you, so even arguing the point won't get anywhere.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesime View Post

This is pretty close to my thoughts on Garrosh as well. He was just a horrible character that they desperately tried to salvage by giving him an even more prominent role in the story but it didn't work because no matter how awesome any character development is for him, which it has been anything but awesome to make things worse, you still have that after taste of shit whenever you think about him.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    This is pretty close to my thoughts on Garrosh as well. He was just a horrible character that they desperately tried to salvage by giving him an even more prominent role in the story but it didn't work because no matter how awesome any character development is for him, which it has been anything but awesome to make things worse, you still have that after taste of shit whenever you think about him.

The poll clearly lacks the option: "I only bought this expansion to sink my axe into his face when the time comes".

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh was very rude to Ji, myself, and several Pandaren fresh off The Turtle. He even made us fight in a nasty arena and swear some stupid oath to the Horde (I was tuning out).

For his poor social skills and homocidal behavior, Garrosh Must Die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    As I've often refereed to him as, Garrosh was the biggest shit Grom ever took.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As I've often refereed to him as, Garrosh was the biggest shit Grom ever took.
    I'm not so fond of Grom either.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

So, where are those Mongols that were led by "great leader" now?
    All empires fall no exception but the legacy lives forever just like the mogu

The fact we even know who the mongols were is testament to that

10+ Year Old Account
    Why everyone hates Garrosh? He has been the only one who has led the Horde to its splendor, he has brought together former allies under his command and has more than proved its worth. Garrosh Hellscream is a hero of the Horde! With the amount of progress that he has brought to the Horde ... If the Horde does not appreciate how good Warchief is he, then Garrosh's future must be somewhere else!

Also, Garrosh is a too important character to die in a raid... he is the son of Grom Hellscream! Garrosh can not die in a raid, is too important for that! Long live to Garrosh Hellscream!
    Garrosh is a character who sheds the game more alive than dead, the Dark Horde reborns thanks to him! No more endings so predictable! Garrosh needs to live!
    With Garrosh Live, a new threat looms over Azeroth ... a new faction with new interests ... For the love of God! That would give a lot of play in the future! Kill Garrosh is very boring and predictable! Blizzard, Surprise us all! Please!

The Dark Horde will be proud to have Garrosh as their Warchief. A new threat looms over Azeroth, with the help of the Grimtotem tauren and the Dark Horde, Garrosh Hellscream, son of Grom Hellscream, will take the place that belongs in his own right.

Garrosh for Warchief! Garrosh Hellscream for ever! For the TRUE Horde!

List of facts about Garrosh and Thrall

• • Garrosh has been a good leader for the Horde, indeed, has been the Warchief of the Horde long needed. Why do I say this? Because just before his arrival, the Horde-Alliance conflict was practically dead. Garrosh has revived the WAR, when by the end of the day we are in the World of WARcraft.

Besides, what had done Thrall lately as Warchief? From that he liberated his people and established the Horde capital in a dusty desert, has done virtually nothing: the Horde was stagnant in every way, it is more, ultimately the Warchief of the Horde himself abandoned the Horde to their fate when he had to engage in his shamanic tasks.

And Garrosh? what has made Garrosh for the Horde? Well to begin his war effort in Northrend was spectacular, which showed the power of the Horde beyond Kalimdor. But above all, when he became Warchief, gave an unprecedented impetus to the Horde itself: the creation of a naval force and a powerful army, reconstruction of Orgrimmar, exploitation of new raw materials, acquisition of new allies, the conquest of new lands and ultimately, an advance of the Horde in every conceivable aspect, not to mention the excellent military and strategist functions of the own Garrosh Hellscream, and the awe and respect that imposes his mere presence. In short, Garrosh is the best Warchief that the Horde could ever have.

• • Since we met Garrosh in Nagrand we have seen him change drastically, which is logical given his volatility and weak personality. But lately there is something that has turned him even more radicalized. In fact, until not long ago, he condemned the indiscriminate attacks towards innocent people and he hated dealing with demons and the most vicious practices of the Forsaken. However, it is undeniable that the last acts of Garrosh are more irrational, as if he was carried away by their primary feelings, as if he did not mind the honor of battle, in short, is as if he was possessed, as if something had changed inside him and amplify his negative desires.

Given this Garrosh's progression, it is easy and logical to think that something or someone is taking advantage of the emotional weakness of Garrosh and is using him to create conflict, even inside the Horde itself. So it stands to reason that a foreign agent (Old God, demon, Sha) may be behind the radicalization of the Warchief, in fact that would be the most likely...

Assuming that the recent acts of Garrosh are due to an external agent that is influencing him, his redemption is possible, and for this, it would be enough with eliminate the source of his corruption, so that Garrosh himself realizes the mistakes he has made. I personally hope that Garrosh does not end being foully murdered, but he is forgiven for his sins, even if it means some sort of punishment or degradation, but never kill him.

• • Garrosh Hellscream is a major hero of the Warcraft story, especially for the Horde. He is the son of the liberator of the orc race from the bondage of the Burning Legion, Grom Hellscream, and is a character full of nuances and connotations. It is too important to die in a raid. His future will certainly great things holds for, it would be a real shame to lose a character like Garrosh as well as thus. It is a character that can give much play in future events, whether redeemed or as if he is relegated to being a villain.

I personally expect that Garrosh might redeem and continue to lead the Horde as Warchief, because as I said before, his work as leader of the Horde is unparalleled. However, if for whatever reason, Garrosh has to stop being the Warchief, perhaps his future is not in the Horde, since the Horde may be too "soft" to have a leader like Garrosh. His future may be more like being a leader of a revived faction: the Dark Horde. The Dark Horde would be pleased to proclaim him as a leader and would benefit from Garrosh's full potential. A Dark Horde led by Garrosh Hellscream with the support of the Grimtotem tauren and Zandalari trolls would form a faction certainly very interesting ... I'd bet on it.

Whatever it is, Garrosh Hellscream deserves more to die for doing his job as Warchief.

• • Possibly related to the issue of Garrosh leaving the Horde one way or another, Thrall (Go'el from now) has confirmed his return to the Horde, that is, he leaves behind his neutrality as the shaman savior of the world and will return to interfere in the affairs of the Horde. But seems strange that the path that Go'el began in the early cataclysm can be undone, i.e. if Go'el had already chosen his destiny as the Earth-Warder, he cannot now return to the Horde: his time in the Horde has passed.

Go'el's counterpart in the Alliance is Malfurion Stormrage, and as you know, he behaves himself neutral in all respects. Why would Go'el interfere in the Horde and Malfurion not do the same in the Alliance? It would be unfair to the Alliance, to put it delicately.

• • Go'el / Thrall returns to the Horde: is already confirmed. Whatever his role is hopefully the Alliance is reimbursed for some way, if not, again we will see clearly what is the Blizzard's favorite faction.

But not only Go'el / Thrall's return to the Horde leaves the Alliance in a bad place, if not in this expansion, in which presumably the Alliance would recover all losses suffered at the hands of the Horde after cataclysm, the Alliance lost one of their capitals: Theramore is destroyed. How does Blizzard compensate the Alliance after these events? Very simple: an eye for an eye, tooth for tooth. Or another Horde capital is destroyed (something I do not support), or another "lost" city of the Alliance is recovered to replace Theramore, as Dalaran.

So again, the Alliance needs to retrieve something after this whole debacle, and if we lose a city it is logical that we recover another. Dalaran and the Kirin Tor would be ideal as they cannot claim neutrality in a war that they bear directly and cannot hide their affiliation with the Alliance.

If Thrall / Go'el leaves neutrality behind and returns to the Horde, I do not understand how the Kirin Tor could not do the same, especially in these circumstances.

PD. By comparison:

Which one inspires more fear, more respect, more power?

As a bonus, the soundtrack of Garrosh's Horde -> http://www.goear.com/listen/342c5e6/...ld-of-warcraft
    Last edited by Northem; 2012-11-09 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Northem your entire post is nothing more then showing someone who lacks clarity and unable to see whats happening right in front of him.

Garrosh is a good leader? Why then do all other races of the horde hate him.

He's the warchief the horde needs? Again, thats crap, since its been made clear and bloody day that he isn't the leader the horde needs, as the horde is now splitting apart.

Your someone who fell, easily, for the empty promises Garrosh tried to make, when its been shown his leadership is marked with assassination, murder, enslavement and forced subjugation of the young.

Your just another guy who doesn't want to hear the facts about Garrosh. You've been played for a sap like the other Garrosh fanboys, and you sound like a Republican who doesn't want to hear bad things spoken of George Bush.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    All empires fall no exception but the legacy lives forever just like the mogu

The fact we even know who the mongols were is testament to that
    You know, they all are still very alive. Just irrelevant and hopelessly behind on progress path, while rest of Europe and Asia that were much more moderate in their wars gone far ahead of them and doesn't seem to "fall with no exception" anytime soon. Well, if being remembered as "some obscure warmongering barbarians that were routed by civilized people" is your idea of "legacy", then yes, Garrosh is perfect guy to reach it.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2012-11-09 at 10:49 PM.

Northem your entire post is nothing more then showing someone who lacks clarity and unable to see whats happening right in front of him.

Garrosh is a good leader? Why then do all other races of the horde hate him.

He's the warchief the horde needs? Again, thats crap, since its been made clear and bloody day that he isn't the leader the horde needs, as the horde is now splitting apart.

Your someone who fell, easily, for the empty promises Garrosh tried to make, when its been shown his leadership is marked with assassination, murder, enslavement and forced subjugation of the young.

Your just another guy who doesn't want to hear the facts about Garrosh. You've been played for a sap like the other Garrosh fanboys, and you sound like a Republican who doesn't want to hear bad things spoken of George Bush.
    And you sound like an intolerant left wing nut. Like real life politics, people have their opinions on what they feel is right for them. You come into every thread bashing Garrosh and his supporters. Your biased opinions and beliefs have clouded your vision.
    OT: I dont mind him really, and truly dont get the fuss. He leads with balls, and other than the racism and disrespect for other horde races (although some may be with reason and still dont really mind it, even as a Forsaken), hes what the hordes been needing for a while. This is MY opinion Trassk, so dont rebuttal cause frankly I dont give a damn about what you have to say anymore. Ok, we get it, you hate the guy, but hes done plenty good for the Horde, while having done bad as well (like every RL leader), now stfu and let people express themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    And you sound like an intolerant left wing nut. Like real life politics, people have their opinions on what they feel is right for them. You come into every thread bashing Garrosh and his supporters. Your biased opinions and beliefs have clouded your vision.
    OT: I dont mind him really, and truly dont get the fuss. He leads with balls, and other than the racism and disrespect for other horde races (although some may be with reason and still dont really mind it, even as a Forsaken), hes what the hordes been needing for a while. This is MY opinion Trassk, so dont rebuttal cause frankly I dont give a damn about what you have to say anymore. Ok, we get it, you hate the guy, but hes done plenty good for the Horde, while having done bad as well (like every RL leader), now stfu and let people express themselves.
    I'm not even american so can't very well call me any distinction of your political parties there.
    And your just another guy who got hooked by the fake spin of making you believe Garrosh is what the horde needed, when in reality they didn't need it at all, and all it did was stir up more trouble for the horde which is didn't have before.

BTW, telling me to stfu and then demanding that let other people express themselves just fires back on your own opinion. I'm not saying to can't think what you want, but since you decide to leave up very important facts about such characters and unable to go with the flow of how things happen, I'm merely making those massive character flaws clear.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-11-09 at 10:55 PM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    No he's absolutely right. What good has he done for the Horde? So far all he's done is split the Horde, which ironically will play a part in his downfall.

I'm not even american so can't very well call me any distinction of your political parties there.
    And your just another guy who got hooked by the fake spin of making you believe Garrosh is what the horde needed, when in reality they didn't need it at all, and all it did was stir up more trouble for the horde which is didn't have before.

BTW, telling me to stfu and then demanding that let other people express themselves just fires back on your own opinion. I'm not saying to can't think what you want, but since you decide to leave up very important facts about such characters and unable to go with the flow of how things happen, I'm merely making those massive character flaws clear.
    Then dont go talking about American politics yourself then. Oh and left and right isnt just an American thing btw.
    Hooked by a fake spin? First off, we didnt get to pick our warchief, so I didnt fall for anything, however Im not so blind that I can see the good AND bad in what hes done for Horde. Infact he was appointed by your beloved Thrall (no i dont have anything against him). And I say stfu cause we already know your opinion on Garrosh...from the hundreds of threads before this...we get it, trust me.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    No he's absolutely right. What good has he done for the Horde? So far all he's done is split the Horde, which ironically will play a part in his downfall.
    Again, thats a matter of opinion. The Horde that hate him are the Horde who still follow Thralls beliefs. Guess what? Thralls gone! People have to wake up and realize/respect their new warchief, no matter how ruthless the commands he gives are. and Im not going in circles btw...if you want to know the good hes done...read the thread over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then dont go talking about American politics yourself then. Oh and left and right isnt just an American thing btw.
    Hooked by a fake spin? First off, we didnt get to pick our warchief, so I didnt fall for anything, however Im not so blind that I can see the good AND bad in what hes done for Horde. Infact he was appointed by your beloved Thrall (no i dont have anything against him). And I say stfu cause we already know your opinion on Garrosh...from the hundreds of threads before this...we get it, trust me.
    I honestly don't care if you like to hear it or not, while there are threads with people who still preach how they think Garrosh is so great because they don't wish to acknowledge the bad shit he's doing to the horde and sugar coat him, like yourself, the I'm just doing to speak out and say, ask or correct them on there lack of understanding of the current situation.
    If you can acknowledge Garrosh is bad for the horde now because thats exactly what the story if telling us now, then fine, but if you wish to ignore the very fact the devs are telling you this and you don't want to hear it, then I'll just keep saying it.
    #boycottchina

I honestly don't care if you like to hear it or not, while there are threads with people who still preach how they think Garrosh is so great because they don't wish to acknowledge the bad shit he's doing to the horde and sugar coat him, like yourself, the I'm just doing to speak out and say, ask or correct them on there lack of understanding of the current situation.
    If you can acknowledge Garrosh is bad for the horde now because thats exactly what the story if telling us now, then fine, but if you wish to ignore the very fact the devs are telling you this and you don't want to hear it, then I'll just keep saying it.
    I never sugar coated anything...I said he did bad (mentioned his racism and disrespect for the other Horde races)...what exactly are you reading?
    No matter how much bad hes becoming or is, you cant discard the fact that hes helped the Horde in more ways than you believe. (I for one believe after we dethrone him, we'll be stronger than ever)
    Oh and hes not really THAT bad atm, game time wise at least...Its in 5.1 where shit hits the fan, and we, as characters, know nothing of whats to come.

Deleted
    Again, thats a matter of opinion. The Horde that hate him are the Horde who still follow Thralls beliefs. Guess what? Thralls gone! People have to wake up and realize/respect their new warchief, no matter how ruthless the commands he gives are. and Im not going in circles btw...if you want to know the good hes done...read the thread over.
    What kind of attitude is that? Respect and follow the guy in charge no matter what. I'm sorry, but I like to make up my own opinions.
    And Garrosh has done nothing good for the Horde. The one big victory against the Alliance, Theramore, hasn't done anything good for the Horde. It has cost the lives of a lot of Horde soldiers, it made the Alliance aware that Garrosh is a threat and it made the Horde aware that Garrosh is a problem that they need to dispose of. And for what? They didn't even take Theramore. They just wanted to destroy the place to then go ahead and attack the Night Elves. But that failed and the Horde has won nothing. In the meantime his pet blackrock orc goes around and kills all those brave enough to oppose him.

Here's the thing. Garrosh will lose. We already know that. Or at least we know that both Alliance and Horde will unite to attack Orgrimmar. Both Alliance AND Horde. That includes orcs.

Garrosh is the villain here, and it's as clear as day. I don't understand why you can't see that.