Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    What stuff appears in a raid?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15576616/WoW...611_214805.jpg

It's just a 5 men party, a 10 man raid would have 5 frames more, a 25 raid 20 frames more. But there isn't any extra "stuff" besides that. Led inspired ideas fucking up the core of what minimalism is really isn't my problem.

Just call em Carebear inspired UI's and we're good.
    Bossmods timer bars, range windows for range mechanics, extra bars unless EVERYTHING is bound (all your CC, pots, situational spells that you mighto nly use on one or two fights, i wouldn't imagine you'd have all your action bars hidden as a healer or tank, maybe some do. Personal cooldowns shown, unless you're going to 'guess' when a cooldown is up.

Boss frames if there are multiple targets to check energy (Onyxia for example) If you are a RL or just need to know you'd probably have raid CDs shown when they're on or off cooldown.

The main thing would be timer bars for whichever bossmod you were using though, quite rare to find a raider not using DBM or Bigwigs, even in the higher end guilds.

If you took 'offence' to me using the term 'LED inspired' then, i dunno, dont XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Bossmods timer bars, range windows for range mechanics, extra bars unless EVERYTHING is bound (all your CC, pots, situational spells that you mighto nly use on one or two fights, i wouldn't imagine you'd have all your action bars hidden as a healer or tank, maybe some do. Personal cooldowns shown, unless you're going to 'guess' when a cooldown is up.

Boss frames if there are multiple targets to check energy (Onyxia for example) If you are a RL or just need to know you'd probably have raid CDs shown when they're on or off cooldown.

The main thing would be timer bars for whichever bossmod you were using though, quite rare to find a raider not using DBM or Bigwigs, even in the higher end guilds.

If you took 'offence' to me using the term 'LED inspired' then, i dunno, dont XD
    Thing is, there isn't more then what that screenshot says. Most of the things you say I don't really give a shit about. What you see is what you see in raid. Though of course more DBM bars and raid frames. How that makes my UI messy is beyond me, as every UI basically shows it, only in less informative way.

What other people do with my UI is not of my concern. And I don't take offence for a game I don't even play, but my UI's are holy (paladin, PUN INTENDED). I just find it a bad generalization as you say Led (me) inspired UI's. Yet the problems you mention aren't even in my (Led) UI.

And now it's time to get pissdrunk. Buhbaajz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    thank you, ill most likely not be uploading this one .. uploading in general requires you to give support and such and keep it up to date and it all takes time which i currently do not have much of. to answer your arena question .. no i do not i actually dont even PVP in rbg's or arenas never liked that part of the game personally.
    Hey Kepi, mind if I ask you for your WeakAuras export? (Sorry if I missed it somewhere...)

I will burn your soul.

I just recently uploaded my UI. Link can be found in my sig.

Raiding

Idle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

This is my first time making or posting my ui. I used a number of different ui's through out Cataclysm such as Tukui, ElvUI, LUI, etc. I decided to create my own in MoP taking inspiration from the various ui's that I have used in the past and ones that I have seen in "Post Your UI" forums. As such, there is a lot of influence from QuseUI and Skaarj UI that can be seen here. I'm also striving to imitate ouf_NIN which I adore immensely but isn't working completely for MoP right now.

I play a number of roles and classes, so I am trying to make a one-for-all type of ui. This is why my raid frames are positioned in such a prominent area, and probably bigger than some dps/tanks would like to have them. This ui is still very much WIP.

Idle:
    i48.tinypic.com/2pzi63c.jpg
    Combat:
    i46.tinypic.com/15mbx2q.jpg
    Boss combat ("Ushifted" is the Guardian druid who is my focus... and yes, I got locked out...):
    i49.tinypic.com/2z9gl0i.jpg

(Just made the account, so I can't post links .)

Addon List:
    - alDamageMeter (QuseUI's config)
    - Quse Boss Styles
    - Aurora + Missing Textures
    - bChat (QuseUI's config for link copy box)
    - BigWigs
    - cargBags_Nivaya (Skaarj's config)
    - dNameplates
    - dRecMap
    - FreebTip
    - nibWatchFrameAdv
    - oUF + oUF_Skaarj
    - rActionBarStyler + rActionButtonStyler + rBuffFrame Styler (QuseUI's config)
    - SharedMedia
    - stAddonManager
    - teksLoot (QuseUI's config)
    - tullaCC
    - tullaRange
    - xanErrorDevourer
    - xCT

Changes made since screenies/To do:
    - Fix height of BigWigs bars and move them down so Y-position is equal to raid frames
    - Reduce height of threat bar (make equal to exp/rep bar)
    - Still need to work with party, boss, arena and raid frames (text/buff/debuff positioning and such)
    - Actually, I'm not completely satisfied with the unit frames...
    Last edited by triggertomorrow; 2012-11-10 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Hmm, this looks familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post

Your UI is by far one of the best I've used, keep up the great work!
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    Could say the same thing about your UI in regards to 100 others that have the same elements and feel..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Could say the same thing about your UI in regards to 100 others that have the same elements and feel..
    Except my UI IS Frantik's UI, just with a few modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    What font is used for your data texts? Looks nice.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    What font is used for your data texts? Looks nice.
    Skurri.

The UI is Frantiks UI with minimal changes.
    You can download it here.

Currently a work in progress.

10+ Year Old Account

How my current UI looks in a raid setting.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just call em Carebear inspired UI's and we're good.
    You sayin' my UI looks bad in a raid!?

MUST CLEAN UI IN RAID D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    You sayin' my UI looks bad in a raid!?

MUST CLEAN UI IN RAID D:
    Now think for a minute Bear. Do you really need unit frames at all?!

Now think for a minute Bear. Do you really need unit frames at all?!
    If you think long enough, Alt-Z is enough for an UI.

Here's a vid peek of my ui, still wip.. need to fix some align things and scales here and there :P the colors are pretty dark in the vid for some reason.. and the actionbars are not supposed to be faded in combat :>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtiKgoIlP_k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    If you think long enough, Alt-Z is enough for an UI.
    Code:
    local function dummy() end
    local function hide(f)
        f:SetScript("OnShow",f.Hide)
        f.SetScript = dummy
        f.Show = dummy
        f:Hide()
    end
    hide(UIParent)
    hide(WorldFrame)
    Treeston's guide to minimalist UI design.