Thread: Unholy and DnD

Deleted

Unholy and DnD

Im slightly confused, on logs about half the people i check use DnD and half dont.
    Icy veins doesnt say anything about single target dps DnD use
    Elitist jerks says to use it, which one is it =/

EJ says to not use it in single-target, actually. if there's ever more than one target, hit it. otherwise, don't bother.

Deleted
    Hmm, ive actually continued to use it on single target, maybe i should stop that and see if i gain / lose dps...

Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    EJ says to not use it in single-target, actually. if there's ever more than one target, hit it. otherwise, don't bother.
    also a benefit if you're ever off the boss to drop it. i regularly use it on elegon during the orb phase and when i'm dropping stacks.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably really close and depents on your weapon damage and other stats. If there is ever a time where an add is close to your target, just use it. Otherwise don't bother too much. I tend to use it if my cooldowns are about to wear off since the damage is calculated at the time you use it (from what I've seen, not 100% on this).

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I tend to use it if my cooldowns are about to wear off since the damage is calculated at the time you use it (from what I've seen, not 100% on this).
    Diseases (and I assume D&D), are supposedly auto-updating now (think I read it somewhere on EJ or here), but they don't for me.

No PoF
    BP: 4129
    FF: 5363
    D&D: 1886

With PoF
    BP: 4913
    FF: 6389
    DD: 2250

Outbreak/D&D and THEN PoF numbers stay the same.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-11-10 at 02:48 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use D&D on single target when you are stick to your target, simply because SS output deals more damage.

However, if you do Feng in MsV as unholy, I find it worth dropping a D&D for those times where you simpy can't stay on the boss. It's better to leave your BP,FV+D&D than just dots. And by the time you are back you'll be perfectly able to use one or two SS.
    Last edited by shise; 2012-11-10 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Isnt DnD a damage increase since it ticks 11 times? So it does more damage than SS? Like in Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Isnt DnD a damage increase since it ticks 11 times? So it does more damage than SS? Like in Cata
    Can't recall if that was because of haste amounts OR because mastery was naturally higher and then preferred with Gurth. I kinda liked using DND in single target.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere (on these forums since I pretend to be illiterate anywhere else) that they fixed that and its back to 10 ticks while nerfing its overall damage, making it deal about 25% less damage than a Scourge Strike for the same cost, but if you have more than one target, cleave baby cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere (on these forums since I pretend to be illiterate anywhere else) that they fixed that and its back to 10 ticks while nerfing its overall damage, making it deal about 25% less damage than a Scourge Strike for the same cost, but if you have more than one target, cleave baby cleave.
    So ive been playing unholy all wrong haha, i should probably stop using DnD then...
    Well, unless theres more targets. Ill try this in the next raid night and see how it goes.

Side note: Icy Veins is wrong about Unholy Frenzy and Bloodlust. They DO stack. My rune regen speed with Bloodlust = 5.85. With Bloodlust + Unholy Frenzy: 4.88.

Also, DnD works just like it did in Cata. The issues with the 11th tick were fixed in beta. However, Scourge Strike surpasses it when you get the 2pc t14 bonus.
    Last edited by Rothulean1; 2012-11-10 at 09:15 PM.

So even if UF and BL stack... its not really a good idea to use them together. Generally you'll be completely gcd capped if you use them together and end up wasting runes.

Not at all. Not if you use Blood Tap. Now, once we get into T14 heroic gear and T15...yes.