Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BOA account wide should of had priority over mount account wide

What's the point of having account wide mounts before account wide gear? (including servers wide, like mounts)

So you can go in a BG at lvl 30 on your Northrend Mammooth? Wow, game changing improvment.

Instead of this they should have created a gear tab similar to the mount tab, where you could pull out BOA gear from any server you're on, on any character you're on.

That, or give badges to every character you make, which you can exchange at a quartermaster for BOA gear that you already own on another server.

I'm sick of people defending Blizzard with the argument "it takes too much time, it's too difficult". No, it doesn't, ok? Programming isn't a mysterious arcane art, you don't need 6 months to implement a solution that works for something. Programming is like math: if you know the theory and you've practiced, whenever you encounter a new and difficult problem you have the tools to find a solution.

And for god's sake Blizzard have so many features and implemented code for stuff that creating the 2 solutions I've mentionned above would probably take them a day or two to get a stable system for it, with their ressources.

People have been asking for account wide BOA gear ever since it was implemented, I don't remember seeing nearly as many people asking for account wide mounts, a feature which is utterly useless except in aesthetics and e-peen stroking rights at low levels.

Give us shit we need.

A lot of gear is already bind on account; the only thing you can't do is change which realm it's on, yet, since there's no cross-realm mailing. If they implemented cross-realm mailing, it would be easy to send things between your characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I think the "shared" bank could make things much easier, like in Diablo 3.

BOAs are account wide. You can't mail stuff across servers. There is simply no code to allow for it. Get over it allready. or get a payed transfer.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

You are so correct OP..and the token system for it, easy fix countering blizz's tired old "its difficult" response.

You want a simple and factual explanation? A mount is a static entity with nothing that can be changed on it. It simply exists as a pointer. Your items have durability, transmog and reforging options. They are objects with detailed customization. Cross-Realm heirlooms could work, but they'd have to make a special place for them in the code.

The badge thing suffers from the same problem. It'd have to either be automatically mailed to each new character or a new place would have to be created like aforementioned heirloom fix above.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I'm sick of people defending Blizzard with the argument "it takes too much time, it's too difficult". No, it doesn't, ok? Programming isn't a mysterious arcane art, you don't need 6 months to implement a solution that works for something. Programming is like math: if you know the theory and you've practiced, whenever you encounter a new and difficult problem you have the tools to find a solution.
    Hahahaha no. If you can tell them how to completely redo a system so you can send in-game mail across servers (and keep in mind, these are actual servers, as in each server is physically seperate from another server) then feel free to tell them. If not then perhaps you should stop telling them how to do their jobs when you know nothing of how their systems or coding work.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    BOAs are account wide. You can't mail stuff across servers. There is simply no code to allow for it. Get over it allready. or get a payed transfer.
    Except that he's talking about a different system for the heirlooms, not mentioning cross server mail once.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can level without heirloom gear, which just goes back into storage after it's done being used plus it only works until 80/85. It's very easy to obtain again by grinding a little bit of justice points, honor points or gold.

Mounts, however, at least the rarer ones...may not even be able to be obtained again and even if they are able to be obtained they might be difficult to get on other characters due to raid or drop rate limitations. It makes sense that people would ask for and Blizzard would give them the ability to choose whichever of their mounts that they wanted to use on any character before giving them their heirloom gear which is really easy to get again if you really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Wrong. BoA's are currently only server wide. I can't use them on my entire account, only on whatever server they are tied to. Therefore they are NOT account wide as my account spans multiple servers. Mounts are account wide, achievements are account wide, BoA's are not. They should be labeled Bind on Server gear.

Honestly I could care less about BoA account wide. I've wanted mount account wide since Wrath and was so happy when I heard it was coming in MoP.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

people seriously need to get over this. you can lvl to 80 very quickly. next you are gonna want blizzard to start every one at 85.

If anything they need to get rid of this crz Bs. hardest part of lvling is getting ganked by the 600 90's running around lvl zones cause they cant kill alliance on Sargeras
    http://www.pverogues.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledragon View Post
    That poor rat.
    Why didn't anyone throw it a brez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    User: And I was like, baby baby baby ooooh.
    Cleverbot: I hate justin bieber.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    What's the point of having account wide mounts before account wide gear? (including servers wide, like mounts)

So you can go in a BG at lvl 30 on your Northrend Mammooth? Wow, game changing improvment.

Instead of this they should have created a gear tab similar to the mount tab, where you could pull out BOA gear from any server you're on, on any character you're on.

That, or give badges to every character you make, which you can exchange at a quartermaster for BOA gear that you already own on another server.

And for god's sake Blizzard have so many features and implemented code for stuff that creating the 2 solutions I've mentionned above would probably take them a day or two to get a stable system for it, with their ressources.

People have been asking for account wide BOA gear ever since it was implemented, I don't remember seeing nearly as many people asking for account wide mounts, a feature which is utterly useless except in aesthetics and e-peen stroking rights at low levels.

Give us shit we need.
    A pointless function, BOA are good up to 85? and for twinking out character for low level bgs, so if thats what you want them for (twinking) then just make a low level character on the server you have your BOA on and do bgs. Why would blizzard waste time and money on a function that is useless and pointless..

Calm down OP, the system is already in place to have cross realm heirlooms. I suspect they chose mounts first because more people use their mounts than heirlooms.

Cross realm heirlooms will come in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Wrong. BoA's are currently only server wide. I can't use them on my entire account, only on whatever server they are tied to. Therefore they are NOT account wide as my account spans multiple servers. Mounts are account wide, achievements are account wide, BoA's are not. They should be labeled Bind on Server gear.
    Well, kind of wrong too. You can say they're some kind of server bound, but there is always the option of transfer, even though it's not free. So longterm, they ARE account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Well, kind of wrong too. You can say they're some kind of server bound, but there is always the option of transfer, even though it's not free. So longterm, they ARE account wide.

By that logic then you can call anything in the game account wide. Which would be inaccurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    ofc boa will not be account wide, hat's a good income for blizzard when ppl have to server transfer with the items. it's like any other business. Frontend: It's all for the customers satisfaction. Backend: Let's make the most $$$ from this while making excuses frontend.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    By that logic then you can call anything in the game account wide. Which would be inaccurate.
    That's not true. There's nothing I can do to put a Soulbound item onto one of my other characters.

However, there is a way to give a Bind on Account item to a character on another server. It's just inconvenient.

As stated above, a "Shared Stash" would alleviate this. Just give players a very small (maybe 12 slot, since a full set of heirlooms and weapons would fill that up easily and you don't want to do multiple trips, although to be honest even 8 slots would probably be plenty for most people) "Account Bank" where any items they put in are seen on every one of their characters on every server. Only Account Bound items would be allowed inside it. Tada!

"should have had" not "should of had"

Also it can't be too hard to implement. They should do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I wasn't wrong at all. You have to pay to transfer to another server. Then they are bound to that server you transferred to with that character and no longer available on the other server. So they are still not account wide, they are server wide.

I can transfer any toon I have to my wifes battle.net account (which is different than mine) merely b/c we have the same last name and I know her account info. That doesn't mean my toons are all "anyone with the same-last-name-multi-account-wide".

Frankly it doesn't bother me that they aren't really account wide. But if they don't plan on doing it they just need to make it more obvious that they only work on servers. Right now you can only have 11 toons per server so if you have a bunch of 85-90's already and decide you want to switch to the other faction, you have to choose another server. And you do not have access to your "bind-on-account" gear b/c it's only available on that server.