Deleted

BSOD after Windows Logo.

Hello guys, this morning i decided to remove my simple overclock because it made my computer start up twice.
    Now, i reset the settings to default and when i did it just keeps giving me a blue screen after the windows logo so i cant log in, i tried using the repair function but it said it cannot fix it.

So i used this laptop to see if i could find the video that told me the settings on how to overclock, so i did that and used the same settings but im still getting a BSOD...

i5 2500k
    gtx 660 ti hawk power edition
    W7 64 bit
    8gb ram
    P8P67 motherboard

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:55 AM ----------

Edit: I forgot that i saved my old overclock profile so i loaded that and now i could actually log in to the computer... I will update this thread if i get another blue screen.

Up the vcore alittle bit and see if windows loads.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    in line with a sleeping bag for d3 beta and CE
    if you overclock your i5 it will give an bosd. because you didn't disable your turbo boost what intel inplented in the factory what alrdy overclocks your cpu with 5%

Deleted
    I tried overclocking the exact same way that was done in the video like i did before, but it still gave me BSOD, but then when i loaded my old overclock it started working again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you reset your BIOS have you checked what mode your ATA/SATA is running in? If its set to IDE after u had it on AHCI windows often has a shit attack and BSOD's repeatidly.

Check that - its easy to overlook i've done it before LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Hello guys, this morning i decided to remove my simple overclock because it made my computer start up twice.
    Now, i reset the settings to default and when i did it just keeps giving me a blue screen after the windows logo so i cant log in, i tried using the repair function but it said it cannot fix it.

So i used this laptop to see if i could find the video that told me the settings on how to overclock, so i did that and used the same settings but im still getting a BSOD...

i5 2500k
    W7 64 bit
    8gb ram
    P8P67 motherboard

Edit: I forgot that i saved my old overclock profile so i loaded that and now i could actually log in to the computer... I will update this thread if i get another blue screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the title as some company named BSOD who's apparently going after Windows in some kind of law suit for their logo...
    It's 4:30 AM, don't judge me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    If you reset your BIOS have you checked what mode your ATA/SATA is running in? If its set to IDE after u had it on AHCI windows often has a shit attack and BSOD's repeatidly.

Check that - its easy to overlook i've done it before LOL
    Ive sorted it, but if it happens again, where do i check that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly don't know on a ASUS mobo, i've only had Gigabyte ones of late.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    Honestly don't know on a ASUS mobo, i've only had Gigabyte ones of late.
    Ah alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah alright.
    Google for a PDF Manual - or just go though all the options till u find it, it shouldn't be too had.

The voltage control of P8P67 is really bad. Had one myself prior to the new AsRock, and OCing really sucked with it.

Try enabling PLL-overvoltage, it should fix the issue.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Try enabling PLL-overvoltage, it should fix the issue.
    No not at all. It's only needed for 4.7GHz+

Ah alright.
    Right I have exactly the same motherboard as you, technical.

I'll just give you the settings hang on.

AI overclock tuner -> Manual
    Memory frequency -> Set this to your stock clock speed
    Turbo ratio: overclock with this
    Internal PPL overvoltage: Auto
    Load line calibration -> Ultra high (VERY important)
    VRM Frequency -> 350
    Phase control -> Extreme
    Duty Control -> Extreme
    CPU current Capability -> 130%
    CPU Voltage: Manual mode and check below for more
    DRAM Voltage -> Set this to your default stock voltage which can be found at the box of your ram or on the web
    CPU Spread spectrum -> Disable because this causes major stability problems

In CPU configurations, disable Intel adaptive thermal monitor. This is a very dumb feature. When the CPU is at 70°-75° it's downclocking your cpu clock speed while that temperature isn't high at all and causes performance loss.

Okay just insert a voltage like 1.3V and set the turbo clock ratio to 40 and boot up if everything runs fine which should be, just increase the multiplier step by step. Around 4.5GHz-4.7GHz it's going to ask more than 1.3V

The reason why you have to set load line calibration at ultra high is that you have the exact same voltage in the OS as the voltage you've set in the bios.

Also I recommend for now on to disable the C states & Intel speedstep technology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post

Right I have exactly the same motherboard as you, technical.

I'll just give you the settings hang on.

AI overclock tuner -> Manual
    Memory frequency -> Set this to your stock clock speed
    Turbo ratio: overclock with this
    Internal PPL overvoltage: Auto
    Load line calibration -> Ultra high (VERY important)
    VRM Frequency -> 350
    Phase control -> Extreme
    Duty Control -> Extreme
    CPU current Capability -> 130%
    CPU Voltage: Manual mode and check below for more
    DRAM Voltage -> Set this to your default stock voltage which can be found at the box of your ram or on the web
    CPU Spread spectrum -> Disable because this causes major stability problems

In CPU configurations, disable Intel adaptive thermal monitor. This is a very dumb feature. When the CPU is at 70°-75° it's downclocking your cpu clock speed while that temperature isn't high at all and causes performance loss.

Okay just insert a voltage like 1.3V and set the turbo clock ratio to 40 and boot up if everything runs fine which should be, just increase the multiplier step by step. Around 4.5GHz-4.7GHz it's going to ask more than 1.3V

The reason why you have to set load line calibration at ultra high is that you have the exact same voltage in the OS as the voltage you've set in the bios.

Also I recommend for now on to disable the C states & Intel speedstep technology.
    Thanks for the info, ill save this and use it incase it happens again.

I used this video to overclock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZoWOpry40 If you go to 5:27 he has 5 options which i dont have ( the ones set to extreme ) why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Most cases of a BSOD while starting windows is due to not enabling PLL-Overvoltage. But it could just be Vcore. Do you know the BSOD error number OP?
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-11-10 at 02:18 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Most cases of a BSOD while starting windows is due to not enabling PLL-Overvoltage. But it could just be Vcore. Do you know the BSOD error number OP?
    No, its too fast for me to see, its just there for a split second then its gone
    Which is fucking stupid considering its the error code, retarded windows

No, its too fast for me to see, its just there for a split second then its gone
    Which is fucking stupid considering its the error code, retarded windows
    Have you tried Enabling PLL-Overvoltage and upping the Vcore and trying again?
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Have you tried Enabling PLL-Overvoltage and upping the Vcore and trying again?
    Ive said quite a few times now that i sorted it :P I loaded my old Overclock profile.
    If it happens again ill try it.

Overclocks below 4.7GHz don't require PPL overvoltage set to enabled :> It's additional heat for nothing really.

Old threat but. I want to add something...

Your system crashes cause not enough voltage to the cpu, and if does not even boot voltage is very low. WHen your system is running and all things seems fine.. Maybe its not. Maybe the voltage i still too low. How do you know that ?
    Go to WHEA and run prime95 small fft's, if your cpu need more voltage the cpu will make a warning.
    Go to bios and add more voltage, when you can run prime95 small fft's, in 12 hours (considered gold standard) with out any WHEA warnings. Your system is stable.

And you cant IGNORE WHEA warnings, cause if you play and game, if your cpu fail to make its work cause to low voltage it will make a WHEA warning, and game will crash.

But its simple add voltage to you can run 12 hours prime95 small fft's without WHEA warnings then your system is 100% stable. I run 3570k clocked at 4.5 GHZ 12 hours testing without errors.

i5 2500k
    W7 64 bit
    8gb ram
    P8P67 motherboard