Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, you know, I understand that they want to replace Brown before the season gets really underway, so they don't have to change mid-season and have to deal with a whole new system. But, for fuck's sake, it's been like five games, and you have two new superstars on your team. And, might I add, one of those has been hurt and not playing? What the hell do you expect to happen?
    lakers had a problem with brown from the start. some because he wasn't brian shaw, some because he wasn't phil jackson and some because he was carried by lebron in cleveland.

he never really had a chance but now their scapegoat is gone, who are they gonna blame later on in the season, that's what i wanna see

they've become the yankees at this point.

But they're the worst in the whole western conference lol. That can't fucking happen for a team spending $100m on payroll and luxury tax.

I don't think mike brown was that good for the lakers anyway, but I do think that in like 10 games the team would mesh finally and at least manage a .500 win record from there on.

These damn Dallas Mavericks.

Deleted
    gief back P.Jackson to lakers, let the lakers get to know eachother to mix up the chemistry, and we've honestly got something, whatever they're doing right now is shameful for a player like Kobe and a legendary team like the Lakers

15+ Year Old Account
    Russ Westbrook just took the absolute most Westbrook shot ever that perfectly illustrates why everyone takes issue with him. Westbrook is first down the court for OKC. All five Pistons are inside the three point range or close to it. There are no other Thunder up past the three point line at all. Westbrook takes a contested 20 footer, clanks it, Pistons get the easy defensive rebound with no Thunder players within 20 feet. Westbrook burns 5-6 possessions per game for the Thunder on stupid plays like that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 08:58 PM ----------

The Pistons did beat OKC for one quarter. Couple minutes left in the second and OKC is up by 9.

Knicks win against Dallas by TEN. DOUBLE DIGITS BABY. It's cool. New York is just undefeated is all.

76ers beat Boston. Glad to see them get knocked down a peg, Knicks need to win Atlantic Division after all.

Nets beat Orlando magic. Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Knicks win against Dallas by TEN. DOUBLE DIGITS BABY. It's cool. New York is just undefeated is all.

76ers beat Boston. Glad to see them get knocked down a peg, Knicks need to win Atlantic Division after all.

Nets beat Orlando magic. Not a big deal.
    The Knicks are still channeling that "This city just got crapped on by a hurricane and needs us to lift their spirits" energy. If they keep this up they might be a real threat in the East.

15+ Year Old Account
    Phil Jackson and Mark D'Antoni are the leading guys for the Lakers job reportedly. Lakers are supposed to talk to each of them this weekend, along with a couple others, to gauge their interest. D'Antoni back with Nash would be awesome.

I'm tellin ya the Knicks are gonna be good in the eastttt, and just watch out for them Wolves, too.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

LAL beat golden state last night lol.

Mike Dantoni used to be the Knicks coach :O. I'd be upset of he got the job, I'd be jealous.

Miami scraped by Hawks last night since Wade had a cold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    I'm tellin ya the Knicks are gonna be good in the eastttt, and just watch out for them Wolves, too.
    I am pleasantly surprised by the Wolves. They have beaten both good teams on their schedule so far which is pretty great. They just need to do decent for a couple more weeks. They still don't have their two best players out there either. It is nice rooting for a team that is at least somewhat successful so far and exciting to watch rather than my depressing ass Pistons. Speaking of which, they FINALLY played Drummond more than a handful of minutes. 22 points, 8 boards, a block, and a steal in 20 minutes against Ibaka and Perk.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 11:48 AM ----------

Oh ya and also on the Pistons, here is a fun couple lines for last night:
    Player 1: 36 minutes played, 6 for 16, 16 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 TOs PER on the season 10.9
    Player 2: 14 minutes played, 7 points on 3-5 shooting, 2 rebounds, 1 TO PER on the season 16.7

Player 1 is fucking Tayshaun Prince. Player 2 is his backup Kyle Singler.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Oh ya and also on the Pistons, here is a fun couple lines for last night:
    Player 1: 36 minutes played, 6 for 16, 16 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 TOs PER on the season 10.9
    Player 2: 14 minutes played, 7 points on 3-5 shooting, 2 rebounds, 1 TO PER on the season 16.7

Player 1 is fucking Tayshaun Prince. Player 2 is his backup Kyle Singler.
    I can't tell, do you not like Tayshaun Prince?

Reflecting back on the Lakers firing Brown, at first I thought it was a overreaction, but the more I think about it, the more I'm for it. Give me back Phil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I can't tell, do you not like Tayshaun Prince?

Reflecting back on the Lakers firing Brown, at first I thought it was a overreaction, but the more I think about it, the more I'm for it. Give me back Phil.
    Even if it isn't Phil, can you imagine this team with D'Antoni. 2009 Phoenix was damn good and exciting as hell. The Lakers are beating in nearly every spot. 2009's Phoenix team started:
    PG- Steve Nash
    SG- Leandro Barbosa/Raja Bell
    SF- Grant Hill/Jason Richardson
    PF- STAT
    C- Shaq
    Imagine that system with Kobe, Gasol, and Howard three enormous upgrades plus Nash who has shown he still has most of his ability left and then you have Ron Artest in the Hill spot. If they could get that sort of offensive rhythm going this would be a fun team. But the Lakers offense isn't complete garbage, their defense is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:40 PM ----------

Just found out I can watch NBA League Pass through Xbox Live and don't have to hook a computer up to my tv. NBA. Where amazing happens.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 10:44 PM ----------

Pistons lost again. Shocking.

Pistons 0-7, Washington 0-5.
    Dallas got knocked down a peg by Bobcats LOL.
    Minnesota lost to Chicago.

Waiting for Boston/Bucks game. I wanna see Bucks continue to best OKC in that division and also see Boston lose so I'm rooting for Bucks.

Oh and Philadelphia won today so they're like 4-2 with only losses to NY.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Pistons 0-7, Washington 0-5.
    Dallas got knocked down a peg by Bobcats LOL.
    Minnesota lost to Chicago.

Waiting for Boston/Bucks game. I wanna see Bucks continue to best OKC in that division and also see Boston lose so I'm rooting for Bucks.

Oh and Philadelphia won today so they're like 4-2 with only losses to NY.
    Bucks just got hosed on a no call as Ilysova went up to make a game tying shot. Jeff Green was all over his arms and no call made. Can't believe the Mavs lost to the Cats. Blow it up Mark Cuban, except for OJ Mayo who continues to be ridiculous in Dallas.

Gallinari continues to be unable to shoot for the Nuggets. The fuck?

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 11:04 PM ----------

And Bucks get jobbed again on a horrible call on Ellis leaving early on a FT attempt.

For anyone interested in League Pass and who have Xbox, this thing is fantastic. It is much, much more user friendly than the actual LP broadband window, you can get highlights immediately, scrolling scores and everything. Damn nice.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-11 at 04:05 AM.

Gallinari definitely isn't looking good to start the season, I am just so glad we have the real rookie of the year, Kenneth Faried.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Well, according to what I just heard, D'Antoni is officially the Laker's head coach. I love this for our offense, but...it's the defense I'm concerned about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Well, according to what I just heard, D'Antoni is officially the Laker's head coach. I love this for our offense, but...it's the defense I'm concerned about.
    The D'Antoni can't coach defense meme is massively overblown. His defenses in Phoenix and the first year in New York were mediocre because he had certain players who absolutely would not or could not play defense (namely STAT). As soon as New York added a legitimate defensive center in Chandler they became a top 10 defense over night.

I am shocked, although not really, the Lakers picked D'Antoni over Phil Jackson. Jim Buss does absolutely hate Phil Jackson though so it doesn't surprise me that much lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:18 PM ----------

Bynum isn't expected to return for Philly until 2013 possibly as late as mid-January.
    Fun graph of Offensive and Defensive PPR this year: http://www.basketballprospectus.com/...articleid=2450
    Detroit is the worst team and the Knicks/Heat are currently the best.
    Christmas Day jersey;s:Knicks are so very orange
    The Lakers story keeps getting weirder. Lakers apparently told Phil they would give him until later today to make a decision. Phil and his agent were both flying out to LA today to negotiate and take the job when he got a call in the middle of the night telling them they went with D'Antoni. Sounds like this was Jim Buss being a douche to me.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-12 at 05:23 PM.

I heard the same thing about the Jackson. That's a fucked up thing to do to a guy that won you so many championships, regardless of how much of an arrogant douche Phil Jackson is in his own right.

I actually kinda like the D'Antoni pick though. I think the Lakers were going to be an average at best defensive team anyway. Kobe isn't as good on the defensive end has he once was, so they've got Howard (great) and Artest (good) and everyone else is garbage on D if I remember their roster. They probably need to score big points to win regularly. Once Nash comes back, they have a PG that can run his system, unlike New York. I think it should be fun to watch at least. Kobe should be ecstatic. Faster pace means more shots/points for him and a better shot at running down Jordan for all time scoring.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Pistons came oh so close to winning a game yesterday and it was against a decent team in OKC. Maybe if Tayshaun wouldn't have shot 4 for 12 in 40 minutes while his backup was 3 for 5 in 15 minutes the Pistons could have won.

At least the Wolves continue to not suck. 5-2 with a game against the Cats Wednesday that should be a win.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:14 PM ----------

I did not realize that Kobe an D'Antoni have a relationship stretching back to when Kobe was growing up. Who would have guessed that Mike D'Antoni was one of Kobe's favorite players growing up in Italy where D'Anotni played with Kobe's dad Jellybean Bryant. Thats nuts.

Orlando magic need to die.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:25 PM ----------

5-0 all in double digit leads motha fuckas. Knicks rank 1.

Thursday night is gonna be crazy @ Spurs. Spurs are fucking good, I think Knicks will lose.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:38 PM ----------