Page 1 of 64
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

CEO's blame layoffs and reduced hours on Obama re-election

Papa Johns CEO threatens to reduce employee hours or increase pizza prices so he doesn't have to pay for healthcare.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2104202.html

Murray energy fires 150+ employees in response to Obama re-election.
    http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...684_story.html

So I guess this is the new thing. Blame layoffs and price increases that were already going to happen on Obama. Murray energy should probably blame the free market for its layoffs, since they are a direct result of the rising competitiveness of Natural Gas via fracking. It's no wonder they deny climate change and lobby for unsafe working conditions to reduce cost.

Oh look a picture of John Schnatters house. i.imgur.com/T7W2j.png

Your pizza sucks anyways, John.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

People will do the same thing on a personal level as well. Blaming a politician for failure beats the shit out of introspection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    pizza sucks
    lies and slander

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    lies and slander
    It's pretty crummy. Definitely vastly inferior to Domino's since their revamp. I mean, Papa J's isn't inedible or anything, but that's just because it's still pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's pretty crummy. Definitely vastly inferior to Domino's since their revamp. I mean, Papa J's isn't inedible or anything, but that's just because it's still pizza.
    Dominos sucks. Papa johns and Vocelli's is what i eat.

As for layoffs or increasing prices, Millionaires or million dollar companies are gonna do what they need to do to keep things the same. If more money has to come out of their pocket to pay for health care then they are going to get rid of positions they can do without to make up for it or raise prices to make up for it.

If America wants Obama's health care then some people are gonna have to pay the price of a national healthcare system.

imo why would you wanna live longer anyway? Things are so much better when you dont exist, life sucks.

Well, people are free to vote with their wallets, and buy pizza elsewhere.
    I recommend a local pizza shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Dominos sucks. Papa johns and Vocelli's is what i eat.

As for layoffs or increasing prices, Millionaires or million dollar companies are gonna do what they need to do to keep things the same. If more money has to come out of their pocket to pay for health care then they are going to get rid of positions they can do without to make up for it or raise prices to make up for it.

If America wants Obama's health care then some people are gonna have to pay the price of a national healthcare system.

imo why would you wanna live longer anyway? Things are so much better when you dont exist, life sucks.
    I don't get the whole "living longer sucks" argument. Those extra years you are living aren't the bad ones that happen when you are closer to death (not counting dying from unpreventable accidents of course). The years that get cut by being unhealthy/smoking/eating like shit are the good ones, it just causes the shitty years to happen sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a bunch of children. If Romney got elected the same thing would be happening.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-10 at 04:40 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want that house so much. His driveway goes into a tunnel! How cool is that.

Anyway OT, seems a bit odd to do this, though as a none American I'm really not sure on the details so why is he having to pay 14cents extra per pizza for employee health care? I thought employers already provided health care in America, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... Behavior like that just further shows that just because you are a CEO, doesn't automatically mean that you are more intelligent or more ethical. Reminds me of the glass-steagall lobbying where the bankers claimed that "corporate ethics" would keep them from abusing changes to it. We saw how that turned out.

Breaking news bulletin... Greedy hypocritical assholes are greedy hypocritical assholes... Details at no shit sherlock...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    To whoever said that Dominos is better than Papa John's: I concur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I want that house so much. His driveway goes into a tunnel! How cool is that.

Anyway OT, seems a bit odd to do this, though as a none American I'm really not sure on the details so why is he having to pay 14cents extra per pizza for employee health care? I thought employers already provided health care in America, or something like that.
    They are only required to provide health care for people who are working full time. So these billion dollar companies only hire people at part time to save money and not give anyone health care.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are boycotting companies like this because of what reason?? business??

Newsflash, this is just the beginning and it's going to happen when obamacare forces companies to adapt to this new thing.

You can't be mad for companies wanting to make profits, that's how business works. you vote for obamacare, expect the shitstorm to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What a bunch of children. If Romney got elected the same thing would be happening.
    I actually think the CEO's are doing this to intentionally hobble their companies, to make Obama look as if he is hurting them. Kind of the equivalent of getting brushed up against in soccer and throwing yourself to the ground, howling in agony and hoping to God everyone watching believes you've genuinely been fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    You can't be mad for companies wanting to make profits, that's how business works.
    Holy. Fucking. Shit. YES YOU CAN

When a company wants to cut its employees overtime, pension, benefits, to make more money you can be mad at them.

When a company increases its carbon footprint and dumps its polluted afterproduct to save money into a local river, pond, lake, or even woods you can be mad at them.

When a company moves its factory from Detroit Michigan to Hong Kong because Chinese labor laws allow them to place their workers in dangerous working conditions and pay them far less, you can be mad at them.

When a company creates a product that sells based on its "guarantee" and the they find every loophole and exemption to avoid honoring their garuntee you can be mad at them.

Somewhere along the line the World of Warcraft community has accepted EVERYTHING blizzard has done on the basis of "A corporation has got to make money" where has your consumer expectations gone? What you're willing to purchase is a deciding factor in capitalism, so why are you willing to purchase anything and tell yourself "oh capitalism you're silly" when things go awry.
    Last edited by sulfuric; 2012-11-10 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you increase taxes and regulation and expenses, prices will go up and payrolls will go down. That is reality. If you don't like it, don't vote those who are for increased taxes and regulation and expenses.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Well, people are free to vote with their wallets, and buy pizza elsewhere.
    I recommend a local pizza shop.
    Local is the way to go. I live outside New Haven and we have the best pizza in the country (/deathstare nyc).

I would gladly pay 20 cents extra per pizza knowing that each employee has health insurance. They could raise prices and people wouldn't even know.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    People are boycotting companies like this because of what reason?? business??

Newsflash, this is just the beginning and it's going to happen when obamacare forces companies to adapt to this new thing.

You can't be mad for companies wanting to make profits, that's how business works. you vote for obamacare, expect the shitstorm to be happening.
    Maybe if businesses decided to support universal healthcare where they wouldn't have to pay insurance costs, then this wouldn't happen/ Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Maybe if businesses decided to support universal healthcare where they wouldn't have to pay insurance costs, then this wouldn't happen/ Just saying.
    i agree with what you're saying but this whole world is inlaid with greediness, i don't even think they understand the concept of support. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the virtual senate all over again. Decisions are no longer conducted democratically because the people in charge of running these massive corporations to whom we are beholden aren't elected democratically. So the reality is that decisions end up not being made democratically but tyrannically. In effect a virtual senate is created by the decisions of these businessmen because if they don't get there way in the real senate then they go ahead and just make things as miserable as they can so that they do eventually get there way. Capital flight, loss of jobs, decrease in working conditions all a result of people voting for fucking healthcare. Something that every other industrialized nation has. The country is run for businessmen and not for the people.

The ceos and bankers only understand one thing. The loss of money. Boycott them. You people of america have the power.

Rise like Lions after slumber
    In unvanquishable number,
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you-
    Ye are many — they are few
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-10 at 04:51 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just sounds like they're being spiteful and childish, and these are the people that some folks want to just have regulate themselves?