Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    So, in other words what the Coal company CEO is doing is not some sort of rhetoric based on his own political bias, rather a sensible thing to do because these employees will be redundant.
    I'm sure you know this, but coal is losing ground to natural gas, and quick. The CEO was likely going to make these cuts anyway, he's just blaming it on Obama. So it really does just seem to be political posturing.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, don't read things on the internet, just take it from some guy on the internet.
    Anecdotal evidence is fun. Take it from me, Spectral, Obama came to my house and literally cured me of my severe allergies. Legendary work. OBAMACARE!
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, don't read things on the internet, just take it from some guy on the internet.
    That's not what I said but from seeing your posts before it doesn't surprise me you didn't understand my post.

I'm not a republican btw before you start bashing me for that too.

It's such disgusting opportunism. As a free market country, we should all stop buying from papa john's and let him know he isn't wanted unless he changes his practice. Money is the only thing that matters, hit them where it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's such disgusting opportunism. As a free market country, we should all stop buying from papa john's and let him know he isn't wanted unless he changes his practice. Money is the only thing that matters, hit them where it hurts.
    Papa Johns is just a drop in the bucket vs the amount of companies that are going to be the same exact thing. Walmart already does this, so does Krogers and several other large companies. I'm not saying I agree with it but it's their business and they will do what they want or feel they have to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    And its not like the coal industry has changed over the last 2 weeks. If it was profitable for Murray to employ those people before the election it was profitable to employ them now. He's just trying to make political hay.
    The thing is that it wasn't profitable to employ them before the election. But they didn't want to fire them before knowing whether Romney would win or not (because it would've been even worse to re-hire them if Romney had won). If Romney had won, it would've been profitable to keep them. He didn't win, so they had to fire them.

If the company would've known that Romney was going to lose, they would've fired these people earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Papa Johns CEO threatens to reduce employee hours or increase pizza prices so he doesn't have to pay for healthcare.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2104202.html

Murray energy fires 150+ employees in response to Obama re-election.
    http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...684_story.html

So I guess this is the new thing. Blame layoffs and price increases that were already going to happen on Obama. Murray energy should probably blame the free market for its layoffs, since they are a direct result of the rising competitiveness of Natural Gas via fracking. It's no wonder they deny climate change and lobby for unsafe working conditions to reduce cost.

Oh look a picture of John Schnatters house. i.imgur.com/T7W2j.png

Your pizza sucks anyways, John.
    I don't and never will eat fast food pizza, it's disgusting and unhealthy. I have never even tried Poppa Johns but I know a douche bag when I see one and he certainly is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    So then what? Papa would go out of business and all of his workers would be layed off, causing more unemployment and putting more burden on the tax payers? Less governmental regulation has always been better for a strong economy which is what we need right now. I wish republicans weren't so critical on social issues that need to be fixed in this country >.<

The thing is that it wasn't profitable to employ them before the election.
    I didn't know you had access to their financials. He blames Obama's reelection for the need to lay people off even though there has been no change in policy at this time.

His company's problems aren't due to Obama, they're due to the fact that he can't compete with natural gas.

The faster Murray goes out of business the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    What is this blasphemy you speak of? It wouldn't.... wait, it would. Ha. I do believe I agree with you completely.
    Romney belongs to a cult. How does your religion just pop up in 1820? Mormon is a cult nothing less.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-10 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't know you had access to their financials. He blames Obama's reelection for the need to lay people off even though there has been no change in policy at this time.

His company's problems aren't due to Obama, they're due to the fact that he can't compete with natural gas.

The faster Murray goes out of business the better.
    Obama hasn't changed policy, but Romney would have. That's the whole point here.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    So then what? Papa would go out of business and all of his workers would be layed off, causing more unemployment and putting more burden on the tax payers? Less governmental regulation has always been better for a strong economy which is what we need right now. I wish republicans weren't so critical on social issues that need to be fixed in this country >.<
    He now has to pay for health care for his workers that he hired as part time to NOT have to give them healthcare. So hes pissed he has to actually give them healthcare. As you can see he cares about his workers and not his profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are the employers. If people are irresponsible spenders that's there problem. Personally, if I were I CEO I wouldn't want to pay extra for other people shit including healthcare. If you have a bunch of kids and had to cut the cost of your own personal healthcare because of it, then that's your problem.
    Well there you have a problem because other CEO's, like the insurance company ones, do want you to spend money on health care. Obamacare started as a shift to a system more like Switzerlands. However lobbyists representing, you guessed it, industries and their CEO's changed all sorts of things. So if you want to bitch about having to pay into the health care pot. You should probably look at the CEO you're golfing with first, when you want to start blaming things.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Obama hasn't changed policy, but Romney would have. That's the whole point here.
    Mass lay offs on speculation is stupid though. Especially when the GOP can cockblock anything in the House anyway.

Look at Murray's political history, that's all this is.

Wait what? If we can't influence him by not buying his crap, what is holding together the greatness of the free market economy? The only answer is some kind of law that stops people from doing this type of thing. How would less regulations fix this? It would merely be pandering to a vocal minority and changing government. Exactly the problem with state corporatism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He now has to pay for health care for his workers that he hired as part time to NOT have to give them healthcare. So hes pissed he has to actually give them healthcare. As you can see he cares about his workers and not his profit.

That's the point though genius. The fact that Papa has to pay health care now is putting a strain on his business, making him less profitable. The sole reason of a business is to make money, not to help other people. By the way I'm libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    That's not what I said but from seeing your posts before it doesn't surprise me you didn't understand my post.

I'm not a republican btw before you start bashing me for that too.
    It's quite literally what you said. You said some people just get their information from reading things on the internet. Then you posted on the internet, "take it from me". I know, pointing this out is terribly unfair of me, and I'm obviously a total jerk.

Sigh, I wish my fellow Democrats would understand the distinction between corporate income and personal income. Just because a business owner has obscene amounts of property does not mean that the business is doing well. If a business owner were to put funds back into the business, the business would become indebted to him OR he would be buying more of his company's equity. In either event, the company would be doing significantly better. In addition, successful business men are SUPPOSE to show off their wealth as a way to attract investors. Who are you more likely to invest in? A guy with a castle or a guy with an apartment?

I am all for raising taxes and for Obamacare but I have no doubt that it will initially hurt the economy. Do I think some business owners are overreacting? Yeah, I think a lot of them are not looking at the facts of what Obamacare actually requires. They fail to factor in the increased productivity from a healthy and happy working force. They fail to factor in the decrease in sick leave of their employees. Do I think those things add up tot he cost of Obamacare? Not initially.
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-11-10 at 07:59 PM.

that's basically extortion using the middle and lower class.
    Papa john's is essentially saying "if you don't change federal government policy according to my personal desires, the lower classes are going to pay for it by losing their jobs, i.e. their entire livelihood."
    No will to adapt, and too much power concentrated in the top ranks.

Deleted
    Mass lay offs on speculation is stupid though. Especially when the GOP can cockblock anything in the House anyway.

Look at Murray's political history, that's all this is.
    The reason he didn't lay them off earlier was because he speculated that Romney might've won and changed policy. The "sure" bet would've been to just lay everyone off. But instead he chose to pay some (pay wages for some extra months until election results were in) for the option to see what happens.

And hiring decisions etc are all more or less speculation. You never know what the future brings.