Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    He said nothing about "retarded", but in fact said "Reatarted", which may actually be some kind of delicious dessert found mainly in parts of Guam.

I think.
    Ya i just notice that so ill say mybad im tired LOL. but my statement still stands anyway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And because you payed full price *like you claim* you feel your better then the lower class. you was not givin the job that payed for it so where did the money come from i bet it was from mommy and daddy who gave it to you.

Ill ask once more if the rest of the world like Canada and the Uk can help there people why the fuck can't we....
    We are better than the lower class, we actually managed to succeed in life.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    There is no such thing as class. Minimum wage workers want people to feel sorry for them, so they labeled themselves the lower class
    because now hold on to your hat.....there the lower class.

You try living on 7.25$ a hr working 20-30hrs a week its not going to happen you will be living with friends/family/loved one. there is no way you can get your own place/car on that low income without some short of help.

until you walked in those shoe's don't act like you know what your talking about.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    And how did you do that by getting help from people first so to act like you never did is pure bs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account

You try living on 7.25$ a hr working 20-30hrs a week its not going to happen you will be living with friends/family/loved one. there is no way you can get your own place/car on that low income without some short of help.

until you walked in those shoe's don't act like you know what your talking about.

And how did you do that by getting help from people first so to act like you never did is pure bs.

I have walked those shoes genius, and I've become a successful person in life so far. I've use what I learned in school, and invested to obtain a better lifestyle than my peers. Fuck other people for wanting the free handout when there are others who work hard in life to succeed so that they can live a better lifestyle. Jefferson said democracy will cease to exist if you take away from those whom are willing to work hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya i just notice that so ill say mybad im tired LOL. but my statement still stands anyway.
    While such selfishness or, perhaps, immaturity may hardly be rare. I'm not sure its really fair to hold it against them. Instead of the digital age causing people to weigh all the sources available. It seems to have let people simply stop looking after finding whatever they think supports their preexisting biases. Can we really hold such mental laziness against them? Yes, its ridiculous. However, it doesn't mean they're ridiculous. They are simply staying "inside their box," so to speak.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I have walked those shoes genius, and I've become a successful person in life so far. I've use what I learned in school, and invested to obtain a better lifestyle than my peers. Fuck other people for wanting the free handout when there are others who work hard in life to succeed so that they can live a better lifestyle. Jefferson said democracy will cease to exist if you take away from those whom are willing to work hard
    I highly dough you have or you wouldn't act the way you do....but thx for calling me a genius

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    When that re-election has consequences on the profitability of your industry, then it's not just political.
    The election didn't have anything to do with profitability. It is purely political.

Quote Originally Posted by fire6fly View Post
    No, you really can't. A corporation is a legal entity that only exists to seek profit. If you're running a corporation and you're not profitable, you're on your way to out of business. That means no job, no healthcare, no money, no nothing. If you operate under the misguided assumption that corporations are willing to absorb loss for the good of humanity, you're deluding yourself. The only reason corporations undertake any of what you're suggesting is to attempt to encourage people to see them as a good company so they'll buy their stuff, so they can attract quality employees, or because the government forces them to. It sounds cynical, but it's not. It's because corporations are legal entities that only exist as long as they compete. No amount of moralizing is going to fix that.

These companies you're citing are among literally hundreds whose CEOs have made similar statements regarding a 2nd Obama term. His regulations make business more expensive. His tax rates make business more expensive. His healthcare plan makes business more expensive. All of those expenses cut into the profit margin. If you take away the profits, the corporation fails, and these CEOs know that. This is why they have to be pro-active, look at the projected costs, and manage appropriately. In most cases, they're looking at their #1 cost in their overhead - employees and especially their healthcare plans. When your costs for healthcare per employee go up 30% (like mine have since Obamacare was passed), you have to reconsider offering the benefit.

Corporations aren't charities. They're businesses. Any assertion to the contrary is fact-absent nonsense.
    Businesses are expected to behave ethically while they are making profits. Regulations exist because a lot of them are not and would prefer to exploit people, pollute, and cut corners just so that their stockholders can afford a nicer private jet or an even bigger house. Regulations are just the rules the company, and all other companies in the same industry, have to play by so if, if, profits are affected by new regulations all your competitors will have the same problem. These companies can either raise prices of products, layoff excess employees (which were excess before also), or accept a reduction in profits.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone with your attitude will never be successful, no matter how much money you earn. There's more to life than big numbers.

We all bleed the same color. Mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes i did get help from family, who was already rich. my family has always been rich for as long as anyone can remember. It's not hard to be successful it's just 99% of people don't have the drive to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The election didn't have anything to do with profitability. It is purely political.
    Romney promised to lax regulations on the coal industry if he was elected. So yeah, the profitability of the coal industry was in question.

Yes i did get help from family, who was already rich. my family has always been rich for as long as anyone can remember. It's not hard to be successful it's just 99% of people don't have the drive to do it.
    or 99% of the people can't do it there is a big difference.

You would not be in the spot your in if it was not for your family. so to act like you achieved anything is stupid you where giving the handouts by your family who helped you. they worked for it not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Romney promised to lax regulations on the coal industry if he was elected. So yeah, the profitability of the coal industry was in question.
    Promises are speculative. I don't need to remind you of how many politicians say one thing and then do another. Laws and regulations are real. Actions based on speculation, in this case especially, are hasty and reactionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    This is horrible. They're intentionally fucking themselves to make the situation look bad.
    Yeah instead of the situation fucking them over to intentionally make them look bad. No big secert the Dems hate the rich and want to give more to the poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Did I just read that correctly?
    Yes you did but, "shhh," let's not spoil the surprise.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    or 99% of the people can't do it there is a big difference.

You would not be in the spot your in if it was not for your family. so to act like you achieved anything is stupid you where giving the handouts by your family who helped you. they worked for it not you.
    Nobody can't do something, there's so many stupid people that support the poor now days that it's easy to get assistance and get back on your feet then succeed. but all the poor expect everything to come right away. You have to work.

Nobody can't do something, there's so many stupid people that support the poor now days that it's easy to get assistance and get back on your feet then succeed. but all the poor expect everything to come right away. You have to work.
    what please tell me what you base this claim off of.

OMG we want healthcare so we must be lazy right. Wrong as i said many other times of everyone else like the UK/Canada can give there people healthcare why the fuck can't we.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    If you have such a low opinion of Americans you should really leave.
    No not Americans, Amerpeans there is no need to hate god honest Americans but it's the Ameripeans you have to look out for. They are usually liberals who get all their ideals from Europe and think that everything a European does is solid gold. The fact of the matter is they don't help out anything, they just sit on their couches and let bid daddy government pay for everything with tax dollars they have gotten from the very companies that the Ameripeans protest and say shouldn't exsist.

10+ Year Old Account
    You hear that guys and gals? It's not hard to be successful, you just have to be born into a rich family!
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Promises are speculative. I don't need to remind you of how many politicians say one thing and then do another. Laws and regulations are real. Actions based on speculation, in this case especially, are hasty and reactionary.
    He probably would have cut a lot of regulations and he would have had the ability to do it. A lot of regulations are controlled by the executive branch through blanket legislation that lets agencies like the EPA to do what they believe is good for the environment. The president has control of the EPA.

The argument that reducing regulations would have saved jobs is another thing. I think a lot of these companies are seeing their profits go down because their industry is dying (coal) or they are not innovating and making their companies more efficient over time. So they instead rely on the government to give them tax breaks or subsides to help them stay in business.