Page 1 of 3
LastLast

It's been fun but I'm not grinding rep for pve gear.

I had fun playing my monk to lvl 90, got him full pvp gear and every blue you can get in pve and have maxed out conquest points but in order to spend thoses points I need REP, well it's been fun I got my $39.99 worth but if Blizz thinks I'm grind rep with like 600 factions they can kiss my ass.

There are better games out and coming out for them to think I'm waste my time on a rep grind, what are your thoughts on this do you like the rep grind and do you think it's a good more on Blizzards part in this day and ago with so many other good games on the market?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to burst your bubble here but they are completely optional just saying however I will agree the daily thing was dumb on there part thankfully I prioritize pvE quite low now.

10+ Year Old Account
    4=600. I applaud your ability of hyperbole. I do think the rep grind was a bit of poor execution on their part, the sheer number of dailies is a bit overwhelming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

wasn't that bad. nothing compared to vanilla grinds
    Bane

Deleted
    I'm not especially passionate about it either way. Contrary to popular belief it's okay to feel nothing toward something and not absolutely hate it.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh now that LFR is out, the need to grind rep for the entry epics has gone. The grind was only mandatory for guilds raiding before LFR came out.

Still have to do them for charms though.

I hated it though. I was required to get the entry epics and I never hated questing more in my life.

Deleted
    Oh but you will grind rep for pve gear and you know why ?! Because there is nothing else to play right now and there are 8 days left till Planetside 2 and we can all hope it doesn't fucking suck, as the alternative is grinding rep in pandaland.

It's really not that bad. I stopped 'needing' to do them for gear something like a month ago or longer and only continued in order to pursue achievements. Get crafted shit and do LFR, no need to even touch dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go do some raids in your blue heroic gear which is all that is required for both LFR and normal mode raids, and get gear from those and don't concern yourself with doing the dailies grind for rep and spending your VP on rep gear?

They're simply not necessary if you don't want to do them.

This is exactly the same as saying "It's been fun, but im not gonna spend time killing boss mobs for pve gear"

Instead of making a pretty useless thread. Try typing that into the space they give you, when asking why you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Oh but you will grind rep for pve gear and you know why ?! Because there is nothing else to play right now and there are 8 days left till Planetside 2 and we can all hope it doesn't fucking suck, as the alternative is grinding rep in pandaland.
    wait PS2 comes out in 8 days?

Was fun to level to 90 quick, wanting to get reputation.
    I have 6k dailies done combined on my account, got to 5kish before MoP. I've been stuck at 11k rep in revered for Shado Pan when I couldve been exalted if I hadnt missed a day.
    Sadly, I've been missing over a week of dailies for the Celestials etc, I only raid 2 days per week, but I simply cannot bring myself to do any dailies anymore. They ruined it completely for me, being done with questing to 90 and having to continue non stop with them to get gear (for those who say higher itemlevel gear is optional, you arent really a pve raider)
    I like doing heroics, but I simply didnt have the time or will to do those along with the amount of dailies that had to be done in a day. Did only two scenario's - it wouldve been fine if they had added the new stuff in stages, I've been playing since mid TBC - I dont remember the situation being so 'OMG NEW STUFF ALL ON TOP OF YOUR FACE' - I followed the road a pve-er would take, and now I'm burned out with WoW.

Started playing LoL instead.
    Last edited by Tealicious; 2012-11-10 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    wait PS2 comes out in 8 days?
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...date-announced

If you don't like them, don't do them.

A million other options to game now (well a few dozen anyway).

Perhaps Blizzard could add some extreme low drop rates of "items" that would give a faster boost in reps. People like to hunt for the extreme, like some do in Diablo 3.

But it simply is impossible to please everyone: so do other things : more than enough choices these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's really not that bad. I stopped 'needing' to do them for gear something like a month ago or longer and only continued in order to pursue achievements. Get crafted shit and do LFR, no need to even touch dailies.
    Same, the only dailies I really touch any more are the Anglers and maybe one or two for the Tillers(mostly for the Ironpaw token). Revered with everyone else and only touch them if I feel like I need the extra gold. I'll probably start doing the rest after 5.1 assuming the double rep after revered is still in place.

Deleted
    You won't be missed. Don't forget to close the door on the way out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    You won't be missed. Don't forget to close the door on the way out
    What a mature and thoughtful reply. It completely restored my faith in humanity.

Well, that's what we get for complaining. After hearing months of "come on Blizz, give us something to do already" during Cata, they decided to give you a strong load of stuff to do plus no option to sneak around this time. We, the community as a whole, asked for it and got served.

The thing is, WoW has essentially nothing new to show off after all. You may call LFD, LFR, transmog, changed talent system, pet battles, x-realm zones etc. new but they really aren't. These are just candy that are given out every now and then to keep up the illusion, but essentially WoW was, is still and will always be centered around endgame raids and MAYBE some competitive PvP. That's it. I don't even get why people play this game when they do not intend to compete in normal or heroic mode raids at all.

After all, the original plan never intended to create a game that offers consistent entertainment other than through massive multiplayer gameplay, aka raids, that's just not what WoW is, and so it is only logical that you feel strained and ultimately bored by all the sweet but corrosive candy Blizzard tries to feed to you as an excuse for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, first of all, you only "need" to do 4 of all the reputation grinds. No need to do all of them. You may also leave them at revered. Exalted Klaxxi and Golden Lotus gives a free epic neck and ring, but they aren't going to be that big of an upgrade.

The dailies aren't really that terrible. Stop counting the amount of rep you need and how good item x would be for you. Just DO them and you notice you are exalted in no time. I know I did. Still feel like I only just started doing them. Now I only need August Celestial rep and I'm exalted with everything, and that will happen in 3 days. I'm thinking of doing it all over again with my alt, as I'm starting to run out of stuff to do.

Also, I think you meant Valor points, not conquest?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Snip
    You don't get why people would play for other reasons than end game PvE or PvP? I play mainly for the social aspect of the game. You know, friends. We do some raids, but we are oh so terrible at it, and I'm totally fine with it, because we are having SO much fun doing it. There is most definately no competition in our raids. Can barely get past the first boss.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-11-10 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    I don't understand why people are so angry with dailies. I've only had to buy two valor pieces so far, I have better items from raids for my other slots. Both items that I got for valor didn't require a daily grind because I hit honored from levelling to 90. The only dailies I made an effort to do every day was the Golden Lotus because it opens up Shado-Pan and AC dailies to grind when I'm bored and I also needed the tailoring patterns.

I'll also say this: If you care enough about your gear to feel "forced" into doing dailies, surely you can grit your teeth and do them for 30 mins a day to better yourself in raids? If I was an officer, I'd kick anyone in my guild who caused a fuss about bettering themselves and held back the team.