Deleted
    Cant talk about the leveling experience. Yeah 5 mans a different story, your vengeance is alot lower than in raids.

The biggest tip I can give is pull more. More mobs = more vengeance = easier aggro.

Its harder to hold aggro on 2 mobs than 20.

5 mans while leveling 85-90 may be a problem with the level 90 heroic weapons you can get from arch

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    5 mans while leveling 85-90 may be a problem with the level 90 heroic weapons you can get from arch
    That is hardly a large percentage of the population levelling though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Does anyone have problems holding aggro? Even with vengeance stacked, I still somehow lose aggro to some dps. A taunt doesn't seem to be enough I gotta really lay a smackdown to get the mob back but since mop I just hit like a wet noodle.
    Could you give more information? Your level, gear, opening attacks, what the DPS is doing, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That is hardly a large percentage of the population levelling though.
    Can easily be one in every instance group though, given the number of people leveling alts specifically because of those weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Quite the opposite I feel that aggro has never been easier. Even in ICC aggro was harder, and that says alot. Personally I think aggro is a non issue.

Sometimes I have been tanking for a long time without righteous fury ( because of spec swapping ) without even noticing it.

Are you referring to Raids or 5mans?

Regardless make sure you keep SoI and RF up, its the 2 most important parts of aggro right now.
    Should come with me then, I lose my mobs from the aoe threat of monks, DKs and sometimes a druid. Don't know how either. It annoys me so much, I almost wanted to quit or reroll. Can't be gear, can't be rotation so my guess is as good as yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Should come with me then, I lose my mobs from the aoe threat of monks, DKs and sometimes a druid. Don't know how either. It annoys me so much, I almost wanted to quit or reroll. Can't be gear, can't be rotation so my guess is as good as yours.
    Talking 5 man environment here?

Dps/tank monks/dks?

Talking 5 man environment here?

Dps/tank monks/dks?
    No, normal/heroic raids. Although I've been reduced to 5 mans lately but no problems there. Tanking versions of those classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, don't really see how you could be losing aggro aside from massive differences in gear. Are you losing snap aggro or halfway through? I never lose aggro, even while picking new mobs up - my Avenger's shield hits really hard.

Deleted
    Well, to me it feels paladins lack that "burst" aoe threat. So what happens is that classes that do like DKs and Monks which got great burst AoE threat takes the snap aggro in pulls = they get vengeance = your screwed.

Whoever gets vengeance gets aggro, simple as that, and since dks and monks do more threat in the first 5 secs then paladins naturally they get the vengeance.

Paladins AoE threat is great, its just to linear, and without vengeance you wont keep aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Agreed, don't really see how you could be losing aggro aside from massive differences in gear. Are you losing snap aggro or halfway through? I never lose aggro, even while picking new mobs up - my Avenger's shield hits really hard.
    /run in blasting with Holy Wrath, Con, Avenger, Light's Hammer, etc, etc

20 seconds later...

/monk runs in and with 1 move takes them all away.

Then I just pretty much alt tab till I hear no more mobs being hit.

Deleted
    /run in blasting with Holy Wrath, Con, Avenger, Light's Hammer, etc, etc

20 seconds later...

/monk runs in and with 1 move takes them all away.

Then I just pretty much alt tab till I hear no more mobs being hit.
    Holy wrath barely does any threat on AoE, really, nothing.

Lights hammer does 0 threat on AoE.

Conc needs build up time. It is a dot and doesnt scale well without vengeance

Avenger only hit 3 targets.

Holy wrath barely does any threat on AoE, really, nothing.

Lights hammer does 0 threat on AoE.

Conc needs build up time. It is a dot and doesnt scale well without vengeance

Avenger only hit 3 targets.
    I think that's a problem then if all of our aoe does crap threat initially, minus Avenger which always hits rock hard. Even then after all that time, just pulled away from me.

Least I rocked him in single threat.

Yeah it seems that only avengers shield will hold aggro without a problem. It could be my opener too but anything that's not hit with avengers shield I have trouble holding aggro.

Is it better to open an aoe pull with aoe hammer or consecrate?

Classes specificly I have trouble, frost dk, warrior.
    I can hold threat on bosses but aoe is a problem sometimes.

Yeah it seems that only avengers shield will hold aggro without a problem. It could be my opener too but anything that's not hit with avengers shield I have trouble holding aggro.

Unglyphed AS, J the fourth, Hand of Reckoning the fifth. Let them run into a Hammer AoE placed in front of the mobs, they will cluster up by themselves, which is where you are waiting to HotR and Consecrate. You can use Holy Avenger for threat if you need to, it makes CS, HotR, J and HoW do 30% more damage, and it also seems to affect grand crusader procced AS, although I may be mistaken there. Spread the abundance of ShoR casts from HA around the pack of mobs too. Try to keep track of the AS jumps, so you can Judge something that wasn't hit by the AS jumps (perhaps cast it on the left-most mob, and then J a mob on the right-hand side of the cluster. You can also strafe in a circle around the mobs to stop the AI trying to place them behind you and place the mobs in a nice small area.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-11-11 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will go through this again this afternoon after my maths lectures, check that all the updating was stuff I actually did and not just dreamt. It's becoming ritual to escape halfway through my workshop after the lecture and check on this
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account

Avenger's, HotR, Consecrate, Judge the loose or low threat target then just spam aoe like normal (make sure you actually have RF on, nothing like doing two pulls and realizing you can't hold threat for shit cause you forgot that). Don't bother with holy wrath on aoe unless everything else is on cd, make sure you focus the target that should be the highest priority because good dps will always go for it first(healers/casters always take precedence in 5mans). Focus on hotr to get procs for additional avenger's, consecrate and hotr should be plenty to hold aggro though assuming the warrior isn't doing something dumb like popping bladestorm a second after you pull(then you can just giggle as he dies because you have 0 vengeance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    thanks a lot, helped me very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Having been messaged by Krekko, the plan is to merge the "Fix my tanking" thread into this one because it has flashes of that already in here and then the old guides used to be that way as well. My internet is being plain shite but I'll edit the first paragraph or so to make clear that people can ask for help here, then people can ask for any help they require as well as have raiding discussions and so on so forth ^^
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Sounds good, nice to see this forum a little cleaner and more streamlined (Thumbs up Krekko & co.)