Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Dailies

A: The vast arrays of daily quests are there to provide players with plenty of things to do once they hit level 90. These are not intended to be completed in weeks, but enjoyed over several months.
    If people actually enjoy grinding dailies for several months we are in a sad state of gaming.

With two-player mounts, however, there are limitations with the technology involved in CRZ and it is intended that the passenger is ejected upon crossing zones. We don’t like that it happens, but it might be a difficult issue to solve for only about 3 passenger-enabled mounts.
    WTF? And there are double that amount of passenger mounts actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Regarding the PvP blog, you do not mention Discipline Priests in the blog or your plans to increase their viability in Arenas. What plans do you have in the works for Discipline Priests?
    A: Focused Will is returning to help provide some mitigation. Part of the issue is that healers are having a bit of trouble countering some DPS burst. Several of the 5.1 changes listed in the blog are being made to help in this regard.
    Seriously? I don't really care about burst. At least I can sort of counter that by having my partner(s) use CC. What I do care about, is being completely OOM as Disc+DPS in 2s while the enemy healer is at 95% mana. We even sometimes run out of mana fighting against double DPS! And no, when I say double DPS I'm not talking about say a shadow priest/balance druid combo where both can heal, I actually went OOM against a warrior+DK earlier today.
    Cyclist. 175cm, 59kg. I generally spend 30% of my time working out, 40% on my education, 5% eating, and 25% doing other things.

"Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?"

Can someone pm me the name of that mount the dude in the video has, appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Can someone pm me the name of that mount the dude in the video has, appreciated!!
    That's the Windsteed, it'll be the new Pet Store mount, it's being tested on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Why does blizzard even do Q&A posts? Every time they've done this since MoP launch I see the same blizzard responses. They pretty much don't seem to even make any changes based on feedback, and also pretty much tell everyone to go screw themselves if they don't like the game in its current state. It's pretty obvious that when there are literally thousands(or more) posts up about the ineptitude of the daily quest system and LFR loot, MAYBE blizzard should go back and make some changes. And I've seen a lot of posts about certain class problems that blizzard also seems to just ignore or tell everyone its working as intended.

Oh but they made an ever important change to people who have to many valor points......I don't know anyone who has too MANY valor points, and I know almost everyone has too many JP points(even after buying pvp gear)....
    Agreed...these posts are pointless IE players ask a legitamate question: Why the pvp vendors are in the middle of no where. Blizzards response: We like it that way so there's no plan for changes
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by Catacrusader View Post
    That's the Windsteed, it'll be the new Pet Store mount, it's being tested on the PTR.
    cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    Agreed...these posts are pointless IE players ask a legitamate question: Why the pvp vendors are in the middle of no where. Blizzards response: We like it that way so there's no plan for changes
    It's still a step forward from the days when the dialogue between community and devs was either non-existant or limited to rare messages passed on to us by (not really well-informed) blue forum mods which usually ammounted to "wer lokeyngto et".

If anything it is good to know that they feel at least a little obliged to give some statements on their (occasionally flawed) design decisions when it comes to gameplay/class changes. Flawed design decisions that ironically quite often stem from a lack of communication with the wow community in the first place, lol.

Now at least we can frantically keep pointing at the same issues over and over until maybe they feel like doing something about them.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2012-11-10 at 07:47 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like Garrosh is the one who gave the order to "deal" with Vol'jin after all. Thought maybe it'd be a major subordinate that would order Vol'jin killed, but nope. I wonder how much longer Garrosh will tolerate Baine Bloodhoof passive aggressiveness...
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: The graveyard nearest the Cloud Serpent dailies is at the top of a mountain in the middle of the ocean, with no way to regain your body at the daily area, forcing a spirit res. As in previous meetings we don’t want flying, but this particular graveyard just seems misplaced.
    A: That sounds like a bug. We’re still hesitant to just give people ghost flight, but we can look at problems with specific graveyards like this and determine if we should flag them to auto-res people who release there.
    While this graveyard really is terribly misplaced, you do not have to spirit rez. While facing the area where the cloud serpent questing area is, there is a ramp just to the bottom left of the cliff that leads back up to the quest area. Still a royal pain in the ass, though.

after years they realize how dumb the mechanics of spread, bladeflurry and sweeping strikes are? lold

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    Yep blizzard is pretty much patting themselves on the back for NOT listening to their player base. I mean its very sad when you go on the official forums and there are so many posts about how crappy the daily quest system is, and all blizzard can say is "you don't have to do them". Yet we need valor for gear, and coins for rolls if we want to be good raiders.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Yep blizzard is pretty much patting themselves on the back for NOT listening to their player base. I mean its very sad when you go on the official forums and there are so many posts about how crappy the daily quest system is, and all blizzard can say is "you don't have to do them". Yet we need valor for gear, and coins for rolls if we want to be good raiders.
    MOP is the best expansion after TBC, Blizzard did a great job and stop listening to wrath/cata babies, that path almost kill a great open world mmo-rpg.

Dailies are not mandatory, dailies are game content, and more game content is good. You are under the impression that the name of the game is raid of warcraft, but it's not, it's WORLD of warcraft, the game is a open world mmo-rpg, where raiding is just a very small part of it. If you don't like daillies, don't do daillies.

I don't like raiding, so i don't raid. I don't go to the forums QQ that raiding is mandatory if i want to be a good open world mmo-rpg player.
    Last edited by AiAtola; 2012-11-10 at 11:03 PM.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    MOP is the best expansion after TBC, Blizzard did a great job, and stop listening to wrath/cata babies.

Dailies are not mandatory, dailies are game content, and more game content is good. You are under the impression that the name of the game is raid of warcraft, but it's not, it's WORLD of warcraft, raiding is just a small part of the this game, like daillies, instances, pvp, pet battles, etc. If you don't like daillies, don't do daillies.

I don't like raiding, so i don't raid. I don't go to the forums QQ that raiding is mandatory to play my open world mmo-rpg.
    how would you like it if you had to RAID to do your actually dailies you enjoy so much? .. I thought so...
    Raiding and end-game content should never have daily quests. Never.This is how raiders feel. Almost the same as PvP felt when they needed to raid to get that PvE weapons because they were superiour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post
    how would you like it if you had to RAID to do your actually dailies you enjoy so much? .. I thought so...
    Raiding and end-game content should never have daily quests. Never.This is how raiders feel. Almost the same as PvP felt when they needed to raid to get that PvE weapons because they were superiour.
    You don't have to do dailies to raid, you have to raid to raid.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

The point is, two or three factions with daily quest system is ok for the beginning of the expantion, but we have eight (And one more inc) and pratically every quest is based on Kill X enemies and Collect X itens, this is completly annoying, even some daily quests with Orgri'la back in TBC was more fun and this was years ago. People aren't asking much, just different ways to farm reputation without being stuck in those boring daily quests every day, Dungeons, Scenarios, Raids, PVP, we've got so many things in the game right now, I don't understand why the reputaion system must be stucked in daily quests....You can say whatever you want but IT IS A POOR DESIGN...

We can confirm that Lesser Charms of Good Fortune will be moved to the Currency tab in Patch 5.1. The token system, however, is a dangerous one given the current setup. This will encourage players to spend all their charms on reputation to get to exalted as quickly as possible; but they’ll be really sad when they realize how much they want Elder Charms of Good Fortune, and now have to keep running dailies past exalted to acquire them.
    Wait! What? Does this mean we will be able to use Lesser Charms of Good Fortune to buy reputation with the various factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    The point is, two or three factions with daily quest system is ok for the beginning of the expantion, but we have eight (And one more inc) and pratically every quest is based on Kill X enemies and Collect X itens, this is completly annoying, even some daily quests with Orgri'la back in TBC was more fun and this was years ago. People aren't asking much, just different ways to farm reputation without being stuck in those boring daily quests every day, Dungeons, Scenarios, Raids, PVP, we've got so many things in the game right now, I don't understand why the reputaion system must be stucked in daily quests....You can say whatever you want but IT IS A POOR DESIGN...
    The only bad thing about it, their are only 8 quest hubs, their should be alot more hubs, ALOT more. This is content for people, you may not like it but must people do, it's great for the open world mmo-rpg experience, great fun with friends and great fun doing world pvp.

Again, don't like it, don't do it. It's that simple.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharzul View Post
    Wait! What? Does this mean we will be able to use Lesser Charms of Good Fortune to buy reputation with the various factions?
    Looks like it which is good, that and will free up precious bag space as well. Nothing worse that having multiple slots filled with the lesser charms but you know you can't dump them due to wanting the elder charms. Be interesting to see what the cost of rep from lesser charms will be and how much rep you do get if all this happens.

Q: DPS Shaman and Rogues still aren’t happy in PvP. Why do you thrive on their unhappiness?
    A: In 5.1 we’re focused on stabilizing the PvP environment by addressing major outliers in balance. After we’ve accomplished that, we’ll be able to take a look at where things stand and make the appropriate adjustments from there, rather than sweeping changes all at once.

Lol hey guys we know its a problem that ele is an absolute joke in pvp. So we are "pillow" fixing it rather than looking at their damage outside of ascendance which is an absolute atrocity. In other words "We know its an issue so we're doing this for now, you just probably wont see a change after 5.1 in the next patch months down the road when no ones cared"