Building my first PC - Could use some advice

Building a PC, I play WoW, Rift, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, SC2, SW:ToR and looking to expand further from there. What do you think about this build out, am I missing something?

1. Cooler Master - HAF912 Mid Tower ATX Computer Case
    2. Corsair - Enthusiast Series TX850M 850 Watt High Performance Modular ATX Power Supply
    3. ASUS - P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard
    4. SanDisk - SDSSDP-128G-G25 128GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    5. Western Digital - Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive WD1002FAEX – OEM
    6. Intel - Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz LGA 1155 Processor
    7. Corsair - Vengeance Series 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 4GB Memory Modules)
    8. EVGA - 02G-P3-1469-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.0 x16 Video Card
    9. Thermaltake - Frio Overclocking-Ready Intel & AMD Universal CPU Cooler
    10. ASUS - 24x Internal DVDRW SATA Writer

Most likely will get Windows 8 Pro, it's at a good price, for the OS. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    First off, there is a computer help sub forum - > http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...d-Upgrade-Help

Unless you are doing a ton of video editing then drop the CPU to a i5-3570k and buy a smaller PSU because unless you can afford it and you just don't know what you are doing the PSU is a bit of an overkill, take that money and use it on a better GPU instead.

Also a budget would be good thing to know if you need more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Azome View Post
    First off, there is a computer help sub forum - > http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...d-Upgrade-Help

Unless you are doing a ton of video editing then drop the CPU to a i5-3570k and buy a smaller PSU because unless you can afford it and you just don't know what you are doing the PSU is a bit of an overkill, take that money and use it on a better GPU instead.

Also a budget would be good thing to know if you need more help.
    Thanks for the forum advice and info on PSU. I am NOT doing a lot of video editing and when I do its always family type stuff. I wanted the i7 in order to have the best bang. As for budget, forgot to add that but I'm trying to stay below $1500-$1600.

What GPU would you recommend though if I do go to the i5-3570k? Also PSU recommendation?

Deleted
    I would say the i5-3570k is your best choice, and since your budget is kinda high you could go with a Nvidia 670 and maybe just drop the PSU to a TX750 or TX650.

And this is more personal but i would buy a bigger and better case, Got the corsair graphite 600T white and i love it!

I myself have an AX850 with an i5-3570k and a 560TI, yes the PSU is overkill but I'm soon going to buy maybe 2 670 or one 680 and buy another 680 later and i dont have to buy a new PSU to do that.

drop the 3770k and put the money toward a 7870.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    drop the 3770k and put the money toward a 7870.
    This many times over. For gaming there is just no discernible benefit to going i7. Even if you are "future proofing" it has just been proven that HT will not benefit gaming just yet. Even in BF3 which can use it often suffers and users disable it when playing the game.

The video card will continue to be your bottleneck it so go 7870 or 670

Please, DO NOT get an AMD graphics card. I recommend dropping your CPU to a 3570k i5, as the extra intergrated graphics and hyper-threading will be essentially useless, and grabbing an EVGA NVIDIA GTX 670 or 680. Message me if you have anymore questions/concerns. Good luck!
    Last edited by wonderspace; 2012-11-11 at 05:52 AM.

Aside from a better GPU as others mentioned, I'd probably suggest getting a bigger SSD (240GB+) so you don't need to uninstall any of the "older/not-playing-it-right-now" games once your library starts to build up.
    Also, do not dismiss AMD options for GPU, even tho the titles you've mentioned so far tend to favor Nvidia architecture/drivers; just get whatever turns out being the best deal between GTX 660 and HD7870.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderspace View Post
    Please, DO NOT get an AMD graphics card. I recommend dropping your CPU to a 3570k i5, as the extra intergrated graphics and hyper-threading will be essentially useless, and grabbing an EVGA NVIDIA GTX 670 or 680. Message me if you have anymore questions/concerns. Good luck!
    Yea we really don't condone this fanboy approach to assisting someone. The 670 and 680 are no where in price range of a 560 with an i7, change to an i5 and a 7870 everything will play on ultra above 40 fps except wow 25m+.

Thanks for the help. I now have a more comprehensive idea on what I should be doing. I will most definitely change the Case after the suggestion and drop to the 3570k i5. Seems like there is some special in Microcenter near me that includes the 3570k with a z77 MoBo at $250.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Microcenter is lovely for having the CPU/MoBo deals. Right now, the 3570k and a range of MBs can be had for $50 off the combo price. It is not a set MB.

With that being said, here is a suggestion for build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU Cooler ($69.70 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $978.61
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-11 12:38 EST-0500)

You can change around a few things, but all here are quality parts. I left out the OS as I figured you could decide which to get and add that price to the total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Thanks for the advice guys. I finally went to Microcenter (I could have ordered from various sites but decided to get it physically) spent around $1500 and put it together last night.

Here is what I put together:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Processor - $169.99
    CPU: Cooler: Corsair H60 Hydro Water Cooler CWCH60 - $79.99
    Motherboard: ASROCK Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard - $94.99
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) - $69.99
    Storage (1): Samsung 840-Series MZ-7TD250BW 250GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - $179.99
    Stoarege (2): WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive WD1002FAEX - OEM - $104.99
    Video Card: Gigabyte GV-N670C-2GD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card - $399.99
    Case: CM Storm Enforcer Mid Tower ATX Gaming Computer Case - $89.99
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 600 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply - $89.99
    Optical Drive: Asus 24x Internal DVDRW SATA Writer - $29.99

I loaded it with Windows 8, took the chance but if I was going from the ground up, might as well. BTW this was my very FIRST PC build ever. I have upgraded previous PC's adding power supplies, RAM and video cards but I have never put something together from scratch like this. All I have to say is that all the PC Gaming enthusiast have said is so true. It's not hard to do and you will get more for your money. Again, I reiterate that its not hard to do.

I took my time putting this together last night, took me roughly 2-hours and that's cause I was reading all the manuals and guides before doing anything. Anytime I opened a box I would go over the manuals at least twice to make sure I understood everything and that I was matching all the connections and putting them correctly. Also making sure to route all the cables to give the best airflow etc. Next build in a few years will probably be done in less than an hour. I had my anti-static strap so I was confident of not damaging the equipment. And I have heard that this isn't always the case but when I finally powered up that machine and heard the internal speaker beep and the fans start blowing, saw the DVD boot into the Windows install after installing the boot disk. It felt REALLY satisfying.

So again, thanks to all the advice here at MMO, and I mean even from other threads that have been posted, took me 2-3 weeks of going over several post from a lot of gamers here at MMO to get this build put in.

Ran 2-3 games last night after downloading and seeing 100-130 fps on High to Ultra settings and the smooth response. Pure leetsauce.