Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Was the Warlock Quest dropped?

^
    Pretty much the title, wanted to know if it was dropped, or even if the quest and book are still in the data.

Given that I haven't heard of anyone on the PTR finding the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion which starts off the quest line, it's not clear whether or not the quest was removed, or if it's ever been available on the PTR in the first place.
    Last edited by Fallensaint; 2012-11-10 at 03:41 PM.

Planned for 5.1 as far as i understood

Yeah it's coming with 5.1, which hasn't been released yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea how it now stands. Stuff was datamined, but we haven't heard from PTR people that they were actually able to do any stuff related to this questline. I wouldn't worry overly much though, it will get implemented at some point.

I haven't been able to keep up with PTR stuff lately.. What warlock quest are we talking about? Whats the reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    I haven't been able to keep up with PTR stuff lately.. What warlock quest are we talking about? Whats the reward?
    Quest line that will unlock the green fire spells. Partially tied in with a new scenario we get that involves returning to the Black Temple.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Quest line that will unlock the green fire spells. Partially tied in with a new scenario we get that involves returning to the Black Temple.
    Oh, nice. I hope they keep it in 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    In one way I want it, but beyond Destrution I doubt it's going to be a reward that's seen very often. Then of course there's the fact that the most powerful green fire in the game is already in our possession in the form of the mighty Chaos Bolt.

Am I the only one who is going to quit if the questline gets scrapped? Not only in terms of green fire, but drowning all possible new warlock lore. Btw I have almost never said anything similar before, like quitting,etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping it's still in for 5.1 not sure if because they fire Xelnath it slowed down or you know the team is trying to change it a little bit.
    Who knows i just hope it's still in fro 5.1

Deleted
    well they have implemented akama's seal of courage(ilvl 489 ring) which if ppl have played in tbc and in black temple would know that akama is part of the faction with which you gain rep when you do black temple, so it stands to reason that if they have implemented this ring that they are going to implement the questline as well, and this was done after xelnath was fired, so the questline will most likely be implemented in 5.1.

the reason why they cant begin the questline on the ptr can be bcoz it will be added in another build or the questline is fully developed with all quests and related npcs and they see no reason to add them on the ptr.

not everything gets tested on PTR's, they may well test it internally and want to keep it secret until 5.1 goes live
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    not everything gets tested on PTR's, they may well test it internally and want to keep it secret until 5.1 goes live
    This is pretty much what I was gonna say, chances are they're trying to keep as much of it under wraps as possible.

Of course, this brings up the question: What mechanics/lore/revelations are they trying to hide?

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    this brings up the question: What mechanics/lore/revelations are they trying to hide?
    Rezzing Illidan using soul stones.

Calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Rezzing Illidan using soul stones.

Calling it.
    Illidan wasn't killed.

Quote Originally Posted by TOhmg View Post
    Illidan wasn't killed.
    Yes he was?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes he was?
    No he wasn't.

No he wasn't.
    Better have some evidence other than "No, he wasn't." then. Can't just say things like that without it.

No he wasn't.
    Yes he was. We kill him and loot the body in Black temple, i'm sorry for your loss.