Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TOhmg View Post
    No he wasn't.
    Hope you're not thinking of "demons don't die, they go back to the Twisting Nether and regenerate". That only applies to the Nathrezim aka Dreadlords.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Hope you're not thinking of "demons don't die, they go back to the Twisting Nether and regenerate". That only applies to the Nathrezim aka Dreadlords.
    No it doesn't. There's an Ogri'la daily that involves you having to banish demons since they just keep coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    No it doesn't. There's an Ogri'la daily that involves you having to banish demons since they just keep coming back.
    Lorewise, only the Nathrezim have been confirmed to possess this "traditional" demonic trait, along with the ability to possess the bodies of others and warp the mind. That daily is the only shred of evidence contradicting the ability, and if what I have heard is correct, technology is involved.

We've already had a few Dreadlords return after being "killed", yet higher-ranking and more powerful demons have not, such as Archimonde and Mannoroth.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2012-11-11 at 06:06 AM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

That would've been a good reason I guess but no sorry I was trying to sound as if I was in denial. Rereading what I wrote now with my morning coffee I realised it's not at all obvious. I do hope that Illian returns though. There is the Illidan Return theory (think that's the name) from the people at the But Wait! There's Lore! podcast. Can't remember any of it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    All demons go back to the TN after they get killed on this plain. And even if it was only the Nathrezim, what type of demon did Illidan have traits of? The Nathrezim.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    I highly doubt the quest line will have been scrapped. It will most likely be being tested internally (at least I hope so!). They may want to keep some stuff secret :P At the end of the day, a scenario/solo quest line is much easier to test internally

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    I highly doubt the quest line will have been scrapped. It will most likely be being tested internally (at least I hope so!). They may want to keep some stuff secret :P At the end of the day, a scenario/solo quest line is much easier to test internally
    Aye, this sounds very likely. I'm not sure why people are making the assumption that it has been scrapped in the first place? 5.1 is not released and there has been stuff data-mined. Sounds like there's little room for worry (as for now at least). I'm very excited for the quests!

Aye, this sounds very likely. I'm not sure why people are making the assumption that it has been scrapped in the first place? 5.1 is not released and there has been stuff data-mined. Sounds like there's little room for worry (as for now at least). I'm very excited for the quests!
    One thing is that the Black Temple used to have a Black Harvest rune on the entrance at an earlier build, which has now been removed. Plus, a developer responsible for many new warlock additions has been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    One thing is that the Black Temple used to have a Black Harvest rune on the entrance at an earlier build, which has now been removed. Plus, a developer responsible for many new warlock additions has been fired.
    Fair enough. I was unaware of this. But from what I saw there was quite a lot that was data-mined. Why would they put so much worked out content on the shelf? Donno. I'm not too worried

Fair enough. I was unaware of this. But from what I saw there was quite a lot that was data-mined. Why would they put so much worked out content on the shelf? Donno. I'm not too worried
    Here is a theory. The quest could have been designed for more than one parts of continuation, like 5.1/5.2 +. Therefore Xelnath could have distributed the plans for only 5.1. That means that they won't be able to finalize the questline and drop it till someone can pick it up and put it straight. Because none can guarantee that this will be till 5.2, they decide to scrap till someone can make sure it is being applied in complete and straight manner. That's a really bad speculation, but its better to look after the worse and receive something better.

They probably aren't going to even test it on the ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they take it out. Its not fair to everyone else that warlocks get their own class specific quest. On top of that they were also one of only 2 classes to get their own mount via class specific quest in Dire Maul when noone else did. Why do they always favor warlocks with specific quests? They need to either give every class their own quests or none

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I hope they take it out. Its not fair to everyone else that warlocks get their own class specific quest. On top of that they were also one of only 2 classes to get their own mount via class specific quest in Dire Maul when noone else did. Why do they always favor warlocks with specific quests? They need to either give every class their own quests or none
    Because Fangs of the Father were fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Because Fangs of the Father were fair.
    Every class has/had legendary weapons they can get

I miss class specific quests. I thought it was cool having to go to that crazy island to fight towards Beserker Stance on my warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Every class has/had legendary weapons they can get
    And only rogues get a legendary that ONLY they can get.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've already had a few Dreadlords return after being "killed", yet higher-ranking and more powerful demons have not, such as Archimonde and Mannoroth.
    archimonde was killed and will stay dead because his physical body was summoned to azeroth and blown up. also archimonde was an eredar, not a nathrezim, therefore im not sure his spirit/soul follow the same guidelines as a nathrezim. for instance kiljaedan was still being summoned thru the sunwell back in BC and after anveena is sacrificed the portal closes and KJ is simply pulled back thru. since KJ's physical body hadnt fully appeared its safe to say KJ didnt die and was merely setback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    since KJ's physical body hadnt fully appeared its safe to say KJ didnt die and was merely setback.
    Well we didnt even weaken him, we just held out long enough/distracted him long enough to close the portal in his smug face.

And it was never confirmed that we killed Illidan. It is possible he just collapsed and was imprisoned somewhere as we didnt dislocate his head or burn this body.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-11 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    You won't.
    You probably haven't quoted the whole of my post. There was a question though, I didn't ask to tell me if will do or not.