View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I did. I highlighted what I had issues with, in what you posted.
    And I would like to know what your issue is with said highlighted portions. Telling me you don't like something doesn't help me address your dislike unless I know why you dislike it specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Besides inhaling the smoke from smoking weed(just like tobacco) it is harmless.
    Leave reality at the door, these people don't want it involved in this discussion.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    It should be 21 just like alcohol. When your 18 you think your an "adult" but your brain is still far from adulthood.
    Then do you think we should increase the age to join the military to 21?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Medical use only. It's illegal for a reason. Those who can't see or understand why it's illegal are probably still in their teenage years wanting to experiment with what's out there.

I'm 23 and I see no point in smoking it.
    Please name ONE...ONE reason that it should be illegal? I'm 37 years old I'm far from some "teenage years" and I've smoked for years. Not once has it ever harmed me or anyone I've been around. I've seen more deaths over drunk driving and other drugs then I can count on 2 hands let alone anything else. Can you give a reason why it should be illegal? I DARE you to even try and come up with a VALID and good reason other then just spouting off some bs about "those who can't see or understand why it's illegal are ....."

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It isn't harmless.
    It isn't not harmless.

Legal and taxed for 21+, maybe earlier for some medical conditions
    Only smokeable inside a private residence or a completely enclosed automobile (I support the same regulation on paper nicotine cigarettes, cigars).
    Standard fines for driving under influence, etc.

Everyone who is 18+

Two major pros:

1) Food industry is going to go sky high because of increased need for junk food after getting the munchies.
    2) Decreased violence! Ever saw two baked guys fight? Guy1: Ehh!! Guy2: What?? Guy1: Uughhmmm... nothing. FIGHT OVER!

Cons:

Papes are expensive, yo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    So while trying to get marijuana legalized, you attack not only those who don't want it legalized, but also those who state that they wish it legalized but don't sing overtures to its goodness.
    I think you misunderstand. Trying to prevent people from controlling me is not attacking them. I want people to stop trying to tell me what I can and cant do or what is and isn't healthy for me. It is less harmful that alcohol; this is proven. We went through the prohibition, and we now laugh that people had to get booze underground. This is the same ol' crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I would like to know what your issue is with said highlighted portions. Telling me you don't like something doesn't help me address your dislike unless I know why you dislike it specifically.

Leave reality at the door, these people don't want it involved in this discussion.
    It's clear you just said that shit just to say it and have nothing to back it up. I truly feel sorry for people like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be legal and taxed and only for those over 18 for recreational use (parental consent for under 18 medical use).

it should also follow all laws that dictate alchohol as well. Also, if you're doing a job that uses heavy machinery, testing positive (not false positive) should be a fireable offence.

Outlawing it when alchohol isnt just seems stupid, pointless, and incredibly hypocritical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I think you misunderstand. Trying to prevent people from controlling me is not attacking them. I want people to stop trying to tell me what I can and cant do or what is and isn't healthy for me. It is less harmful that alcohol; this is proven. We went through the prohibition, and we now laugh that people had to get booze underground. This is the same ol' crap.
    And how could this be logically addressed at me when I stated it should be legal and therefore there would be no means to stop your use of this substance?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    It's clear you just said that shit just to say it and have nothing to back it up. I truly feel sorry for people like you.
    At this point you have simply stated that you disagree with me and have not stated how. If anyone has nothing to back up what they say, it is you.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support full legalization for adults 21+ since it has been clinically shown to adversely affect brain developement in teenagers who are still growing. It shouldn't have been outlawed in the first place, the government has no business telling me what I can or can't do with my own body.

Not only should it be legal for all adults, but a mandatory part of everyone's balanced breakfast.

15+ Year Old Account
    And how could this be logically addressed at me when I stated it should be legal and therefore there would be no means to stop your use of this substance?
    Because you also said this:
    That being said, anyone who uses it is a fool, should be fired by whoever employs them, and should be shunned by society in general.
    Why should you get to (I assume you are including yourself in society) get to shun me, call me a fool, and laugh when i get fired for something that is (as we agree, should be) legal?

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Besides inhaling the smoke from smoking weed(just like tobacco) it is harmless.
    That's not completely true.

Tobacco is linked to increased lung risks, and heart risk - not due to the act of inhaling smoke, but for what's inside of a Cigarette. It has a lot of Carcinogens(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ke_carcinogens for a list - in case you hate wiki - http://www.whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Tobacco_Additives.html http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/...nogens-in.html http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/c/carcinogen.htm and for smokeless tobacco: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0822100811.htm )

Marijuana doesn't have these additives. Also, if smoke does in fact cause a problem, it can always be Vaporized.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seksmastery View Post
    Not only should it be legal for all adults, but a mandatory part of everyone's balanced breakfast.
    To fix all those years of not getting to smoke it, I fully support a law that requires this XD hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you also said this:

Why should you get to (I assume you are including yourself in society) get to shun me, call me a fool, and laugh when i get fired for something that is (as we agree, should be) legal?
    Because I have basic economic liberty and basic liberty just like you do. That means you get to smoke what you want and I get to fire my uncontracted, at will employees whenever I feel like it for any reason or not reason. Liberty is a two way street.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I have basic economic liberty and basic liberty just like you do. That means you get to smoke what you want and I get to fire my uncontracted, at will employees whenever I feel like it for any reason or not reason. Liberty is a two way street.
    Alright I think that answers it: you just want to dislike them. That's fine, i'll go ahead and fire you for driving a [whatthefuckeverbrand] car. We'll be happy on our two way street, both as bumbs. But I'll be smoking and much happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright I think that answers it: you just want to dislike them. That's fine, i'll go ahead and fire you for driving a [whatthefuckeverbrand] car. We'll be happy on our two way street, both as bumbs. But I'll be smoking and much happier.
    That is within your power if we both have our liberty.

I don't really understand this logic.

How do you fire your employees who have no contractual obligation to you? Assuming that was just the wrong word..no idea what you meant, but whatever.. Yes, you can fire someone for nothing. Just better be ready with a competent lawyer.

Legal at the age of 21 to purchase.
    Same restrictions as alcohol/cigarettes.
    Illegal to use in public places.
    Growing allowed as long as you do not intend to sell.
    Selling without a permit from the federal government a federal offense.
    Insanely high luxury tax.