Deleted

EoE and CL - a question

According to the guide, EoE is a .3% DPS loss compared to Ancestral Swiftness depending on gear.
    But what about when AoEing with Chain Lightning? How does EoE interact with CL, and does it result in >.3% damage compared to AS?
    Thx.

What spec are you talking about?
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    What spec are you talking about?
    Elemental. Don't see why that would matter, though, as I'm guessing EoE works the same for all specs (albeit with a different proc chance).

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    According to the guide, EoE is a .3% DPS loss compared to Ancestral Swiftness depending on gear.
    According to the guide EoE is 0.3% better than EM, and AS is worse than both. Read better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    But what about when AoEing with Chain Lightning? How does EoE interact with CL, and does it result in >.3% damage compared to AS?
    Thx.
    It doesn't make any practical difference; Ancestral Swiftness is a passive Haste gain, and on average you'll get just as many additional CLs with AS as with EotE. And as pointed out (a bit too harshly), it's EotE that's ahead. If you want controllable burst, you go EM, if you want passive DPS, you go EotE. For Elemental, AS is more a gimmick talent; if a fight really benefited from the use of that instant once/minute, it might be worthwhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    According to the guide EoE is 0.3% better than EM, and AS is worse than both. Read better.
    Obviously it was a typing mistake - which you would have known, had you read the other half of my post properly.
    You read better.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It doesn't make any practical difference; Ancestral Swiftness is a passive Haste gain, and on average you'll get just as many additional CLs with AS as with EotE. And as pointed out (a bit too harshly), it's EotE that's ahead. If you want controllable burst, you go EM, if you want passive DPS, you go EotE. For Elemental, AS is more a gimmick talent; if a fight really benefited from the use of that instant once/minute, it might be worthwhile.
    Are you sure EoE doesn't proc on the additional jumps and only from the primary target? That was what I was thinking, and I seemed to pull a lot more DPS by using EoE compared to AS DPSing dummies for some 30 minutes.