Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    While i dont give a shit either way, reading this fan boy fighting entertains me .
    Also if wowprogress says its true then its true.
    Heh, the same wowprogress that ranked rogues with no heroic experience above mine simply because they facerolled their way through normals to daggers sooner during DS. A joke, truly.

Deleted
    I don't care much for world firsts, nor follow any guild. But it can be argued that this raids world first "race" was screwed up by the first boss being impossible.

Eh no wonder I'm done with WoW...people actually care about this. And get emotionally tied up into it. And argue on a forum about which guild did it first and who is better.

From the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    Paragon was 9 hours ahead. If they started at the same time Paragon would have gotten the first kill, WoWprogress.com takes that into account.
    There's so much wrong with this I can't even go into it. It's like saying Ken Griffy Jr. got into the MLB when he was younger than Jackie Robinson so he should be known as the first black in the MLB. (That's an example, I don't know which was younger, it doesn't matter).

In our mortal and linear understanding of time did, or did not BL's kill precede DP's? That's all that matters. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Paragon is 10 man, Blood legion 25, when 25 people need to work together instead of 10 people it's more difficult. Simple.
    You're making it sound so easy do you?

Let's say a boss is killed by 0.001% of all 10 man raiding guilds, and then by 20% of all 25 man guilds, which boss is harder...?

Point is: yes, 25 involves more complexity and you need more players to perform well. BUT, that has nothing to do with whether a boss is harder on 25 man or 10 man.

If a boss is harder on 10 man, then it simply IS harder on 10 man because of how the 10 man version of the fight is tuned.
    If a boss is harder on 25 man, then it simply IS harder on 25 man because of how the 25 man version of the fight is tuned.

So please stop being ignorant.

EU beat BL on every kill except the last 2. A head start is only an advantage if you pull ahead early which BL did not. they were eventually on even ground like everyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    everyone is getting mad

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    In our mortal and linear understanding of time did, or did not BL's kill precede DP's? That's all that matters. Period.
    i see you like examples with time. say 2 people run for a price, and "world first fame". one contestant has to run 100 metres, while the other only needs to run 80 metres. the person running 80 metres is faster and wins by 2 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    USA Get a 24 hour head start. Do the Math.
    The title is World First and not Worlds Shortest. First is first regardless of when others started or finished. Dream Paragon may have killed every boss faster but they still were not the first in the world to kill everything since you know 14 hours ago is earlier then 23 mins ago.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Why exactly is this a debate? 10man =/= 25man. Also, 10man and 25man I'd say are equally difficult, just at different things. Coordination and such may be harder in a 25man guild, but in a 10man guild it all boils down more to the level of individual skill. Let's take Elegon as an example: in 25man you'd have to coordinate several players to a pylon and make sure they all can handle the task, while in 10man you assign a single player to a pylon, so this player will have more personal responsibility and will have a larger requirement for individual skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    So people always say "10 man, can't compare with 25" but as soon as Paragon go 10 man that all disappears?..

10+ Year Old Account
    I read this and wonder where the threads are telling us who got the world first completion of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts or Zelda 2, because those games are single-player but are harder than any raid Blizzard has ever released.

In all seriousness though, let BL have something. They seemed real whiny in that "Race to World First" movie, so maybe this will make them stop their crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The title is World First and not Worlds Shortest. First is first regardless of when others started or finished. Dream Paragon may have killed every boss faster but they still were not the first in the world to kill everything since you know 14 hours ago is earlier then 23 mins ago.
    This also, BL got world first, grats to them again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Not even close baby.

Blood Legion H: Grand Empress Shek'zeer 14 hours ago

Dream Paragon H: Grand Empress Shek'zeer 23 minutes ago

USA Get a 24 hour head start. Do the Math.

xo
    First boss was unkillable until the hotfix which came in for everyone at the same time. So though that logic may hold true most of the time, it does not work this time.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    i see you like examples with time. say 2 people run for a price, and "world first fame". one contestant has to run 100 metres, while the other only needs to run 80 metres. the person running 80 metres is faster and wins by 2 seconds.
    Pretty sure BL killed all 6 bosses, not only 4.8.

If you're wondering where I got 4.8, you should probably also ask yourself WTF your 'analogy' had to do with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    So people always say "10 man, can't compare with 25" but as soon as Paragon go 10 man that all disappears?..
    Maybe because 90% of top 20 guilds are 25man, which kinda throws the "10mans are easymode" argument
    out of the discussion.

If 10 mans are so much easier, why are guilds not stomping through them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    True that, but that isn't the case for every boss. Some bosses 25 man is easier and some bosses 10 man is easier.
    this, and first responses to the OP, BL first for this raid even if not this tier(so far)
    looking forward to the fight in TES
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    That is a Ranking WoWprogress clearly says Blood legion got the overall world first.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...n/Blood+Legion
    Last edited by Amsden; 2012-11-11 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz DREAM Paragon on World's First and being World no.1

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    So though that logic may hold true most of the time, it does not work this time.
    No, not really, it doesn't. Otherwise we have to give the Chinese and/or Koreans all the old "World Firsts" because they smoked the hell out of it faster than anyone once they finally got the content.