Thread: So is mages..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I honestly don't understand why do people whine about mages. Any hunter/warlock/elem shaman/shadow priest/arms warrior with more than 2 neurons in his skull can ruin a mage's day.
    Because 4 seconds left alone a mage can drop a player by themselves. Every 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Because 4 seconds left alone a mage can drop a player by themselves. Every 8 seconds.
    You have obviously never come up against many demo locks. They can burst you down in a matter of seconds, no casts - all instant. Not to mention a trinket on a 10sec cooldown if they use the imp. All of this plus insane healing makes them the best casters at the moment. Not many people roll them so no one really knows their full potential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Straferight View Post
    You have obviously never come up against many demo locks. They can burst you down in a matter of seconds, no casts - all instant. Not to mention a trinket on a 10sec cooldown if they use the imp. All of this plus insane healing makes them the best casters at the moment. Not many people roll them so no one really knows their full potential.
    They can do their burst every 2minutes and it is the easiest shit ingame to see coming.

You see them glowing purple, change into a big f*cking demon and it happens at 2 minute intervals.

Use your purge/dispel/reflect or CC and his burst is gone for the next 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Straferight View Post
    Imp is only magical, so it's not a trinket
    If they use the imp, they are not sac specced and thus cannot burst you down in a matter of seconds.
    Burst which is only serious once every 2 min.

Honestly, comparing mage and demolock right now is a bit silly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I made a warrior on the PTR, i have never gotten my warrior to level 80 on live, i wanted to see how good they where. Warriors are ridiculous, i can one shot anything with the one shot macro, and i rarely ever die. when i use my one shot macro i generally hit things for around 200-300k instantly then carry on doing 90-120k crits non stop for about 10 seconds. i was doing 3s with 2 other warriors we won every single match within 5 seconds of entering. this is no extradition, CD stacking needs to be looked at. Also, if you can kite good and use second wind + defensive stance you never die. I entered a 2v2 match on my own because my team mate was unable to join against a disc priest and a ret paladin, i managed to kill the priest in under 3 seconds and proceeded to kill the ret paladin by kiting and waiting on CDs, warriors will be completely viable when 5.1 drops, maybe even too viable.
    wow thats great to know-why not make a video of your high pvp skill show casing you 1vs.2 in arena 2200+ right?200-300k damage and then 90-120k crits on top of that,man i must have been doing something wrong on my warrior.maybe you could show reckful of to pvp/dps because his damage last night was no where near your #'s.locks were topping the damage charts when he faced them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Preaching to the choir my man, I play a Warrior so I know what you mean. As I said they've gone about nerfing Warriors the wrong way but we just have to deal with it.

As to being bad against Mages that's just how it is, the game isn't built around 1 v 1 (gets said a million times a day but it's true) and you have to keep in mind that Hunters eat Mages 1 v 1 just like they get us.

We also have a better chance now than we did in Cata against them since:
    Our damage is good and we still have OP burst,
    We have a 20 second stun instead of a 45 second one,
    2 Charges (if talented),
    2 Spell Reflects (if talented for second),
    30 second Heroic Leap with speed boost (4 piece),
    Avatar to get out of 1 root/slow (better than Bladestorm like in Cata),
    Better defensive cd's,
    Second Wind,
    Really strong Execute if we get them low.

So whilst we are likely to be bested by Mages we are going to be at least a hell of a lot better than we were against them in Cata. Not to mention Mages are getting nerfed themselves with the most notable being Deep Freeze being changed to 4 seconds instead of 5.
    thats funny you say blizz is nerfing warriors the wrong way.then you come to my thread and tell me im full of shit for talkign about all the wariror nerfs/and how bilzz is nerfing warrior the wrong way.

also if you want a chance to beat mages 1v1-spec into safeguard an set up a marco so you can interiven a banner when needed.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-11-11 at 02:58 PM.

ring of frost change is a bit annoying, deep doesnt matter, you dont lose much as you get bazilion fof procs anyway. frost uses almost zero mana so spellsteal change doesnt matter + its not that used in 3s at least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Imp is only magical, so it's not a trinket
    If they use the imp, they are not sac specced and thus cannot burst you down in a matter of seconds.
    Burst which is only serious once every 2 min.

Honestly, comparing mage and demolock right now is a bit silly
    Yeah, not comparable, but demo locks are still ridiculously strong right now in their own way.

Just watch this video:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Yeah, not comparable, but demo locks are still ridiculously strong right now in their own way.

Just watch this video:
    to be doing any kind of decent damage in demo you have to be in meta form an pop all your cds otherwise its a piece of shit spec.

My main is a mage, so when i made my warrior on PTR, i knew exactly how to counter them. If you know what you are doing mages go down like a sack of shit, there defenses are very weak, but there control and damage is over the top. the changes to deep freeze actually help alot when trying to counter a mage now, my favorite thing to do is spell reflect once i get novad because i know the deep freeze is coming, the mage then wastes his blink to get out of it proceed to charge and rape his face, done.
    Playing a warrior for a very long time, I've learned that reflecting deep freezes never guarantees a win against a mage. In fact, now, reflecting a deep freeze puts you BACK against a frost mage. What you SHOULD be reflecting are the frost bombs. Basically any class dueling a frost mage needs to put frost bomb avoidance as their first priority or else face a guaranteed loss. This is especially true on PTR where we don't have gag order in pvp anymore. The mages you're beating are honestly just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Playing a warrior for a very long time, I've learned that reflecting deep freezes never guarantees a win against a mage. In fact, now, reflecting a deep freeze puts you BACK against a frost mage. What you SHOULD be reflecting are the frost bombs. Basically any class dueling a frost mage needs to put frost bomb avoidance as their first priority or else face a guaranteed loss. This is especially true on PTR where we don't have gag order in pvp anymore. The mages you're beating are honestly just bad.
    you let a mage cast?

Deleted
    to be doing any kind of decent damage in demo you have to be in meta form an pop all your cds otherwise its a piece of shit spec.
    Same could be said about warriors and pre-fix BM hunters.. See where we are now... Currently Demo locks are sharing the role as second best caster spec with Shadow priests.

Deleted
    Same could be said about warriors and pre-fix BM hunters.. See where we are now... Currently Demo locks are sharing the role as second best caster spec with Shadow priests.
    no warrior damage is fine without cds BMs damage is fine without cds too and neither warriors or BMs have to cast a 2 second interruptible shadow bolt to gain fury and maintain 1 shitty DoT that ticks for amounts that can be passively healed through to build up fury to be able to actually do that burst you see in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    They can do their burst every 2minutes and it is the easiest shit ingame to see coming.

You see them glowing purple, change into a big f*cking demon and it happens at 2 minute intervals.

Use your purge/dispel/reflect or CC and his burst is gone for the next 2 minutes.
    And seeing a deep freeze coming is hard?

Deleted
    no warrior damage is fine without cds BMs damage is fine without cds too and neither warriors or BMs have to cast a 2 second interruptible shadow bolt to gain fury and maintain 1 shitty DoT that ticks for amounts that can be passively healed through to build up fury to be able to actually do that burst you see in the video.
    It's not difficult to revolve your playstyle around some defensive build up time, before you line up your burst with your partners in 3s.

Deleted
    It's not difficult to revolve your playstyle around some defensive build up time, before you line up your burst with your partners in 3s.
    Just saying warriors and hunters sustained damage is way greater then a warlocks outside of cooldowns.

you let a mage cast?
    I find this hilarious.

1. We're talking about PTR where gag order in PvP no longer exists.
    2. Even on live, EVERY caster is capable of hard casting against a warrior if they aren't brain dead. It's just stupidly hard to do so for the average player which is why the changes are happening.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 09:05 PM ----------

Just saying warriors and hunters sustained damage is way greater then a warlocks outside of cooldowns.
    It just so happens that lock baseline survivability is the strongest thing of any class in the game right now.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-11 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

dk is the worst class to vs a mage in arena

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    dk is the worst class to vs a mage in arena
    Press AMS one more time, buddy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    thats funny you say blizz is nerfing warriors the wrong way.then you come to my thread and tell me im full of shit for talkign about all the wariror nerfs/and how bilzz is nerfing warrior the wrong way.

also if you want a chance to beat mages 1v1-spec into safeguard an set up a marco so you can interiven a banner when needed.
    Because you talk crap constantly and say we shouldn't be nerfed, how is it hard to understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I find this hilarious.

1. We're talking about PTR where gag order in PvP no longer exists.
    2. Even on live, EVERY caster is capable of hard casting against a warrior if they aren't brain dead. It's just stupidly hard to do so for the average player which is why the changes are happening.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 09:05 PM ----------

It just so happens that lock baseline survivability is the strongest thing of any class in the game right now.
    True, especially if we symbiosis for the extra heal. it is nice to pop rejuvenation, health-stone and soul harvest all at once and watch the pretty green numbers, until one of the heals runs out and you get 3 hit by a warrior.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Press AMS one more time, buddy...
    ahah lol'd /10char