Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Yes Yes i will surely pick an all carry team without a plan....
    What's your plan, all 5 of you rush BKBs or Orchids and hope they don't have a clue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    What's your plan, all 5 of you rush BKBs or Orchids and hope they don't have a clue?
    Name me my 5 carry team, name me their team, give me some time and i'll formulate a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Name me my 5 carry team, name me their team, give me some time and i'll formulate a plan.
    AM SA BH PA Void
    vs.
    Tide Slithice SD Lesh Invoker
    Tide/Naga are going safe lane, SD/Lesh are going hard lane, Invoker is going mid. You have 30 seconds to make a game winning strategy with 5 melee hard carries, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    AM SA BH PA Void
    vs.
    Tide/Naga are going safe lane, SD/Lesh are going hard lane, Invoker is going mid. You have 30 seconds to make a game winning strategy with 5 melee hard carries, enjoy.
    EUREKA!

Invoker disconnects, naga rages, sd gets shop bug at side shop and restarts, they dont pause, tide gets ganked at runes while 2v5. GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    AM SA BH PA Void
    vs.
    So let's begin a level 1 smoke is a must in this situation not for gaining a advantage but merely to piss one of the players of the opposing team. The preferable target would be invoker at mid because fighting at the runes would be suicidal since we have no stun two measly slow and one slow that requires some precision and positioning. The smoke would probably fail but it is a risk we have to take.

You put us sentinel so one word to block their camp, one word at rune spot. AM mid, SA solo safe lane, other 3 hard lane.
    I'm expecting the SA to be destroyed generally hugging the tower at 99% at the time maybe, he can't pull because i assume his camp is warded. AM will also lose his lane not as much as SA but still. Now the hard lane should do well at first. Naga's damage after the nerf is pitiful and last hitting is a bitch , the trilane is not well suited but it will deny a hell of a lot. Invoker ganks must be avoided at all cost.

The major factor for winning the games is when void hits level 6 to edge the opponents in the ulty which is a hell of a hard thing to do, SA at level 6 might be good for a one time gank but after that they will adapt. I'd put all the carry potential for AM and void, BH for mainly support/gank items and SA/PA for survivability + as previous BH items.

Generally we lose in the first 30 minutes if the scourge isn't braindead. If we survive more than the odds are gaining slowly in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    EUREKA!

Invoker disconnects, naga rages, sd gets shop bug at side shop and restarts, they dont pause, tide gets ganked at runes while 2v5. GG.
    With anchor smash tide would still win that gank.

@Daraiki
    They're going to buy sentries because they know what a joke game this is, enjoy trying to stop them from stacking/pulling creeps. Leshrac will get edict against solo SA and you will have lost your tier 2 tower by 8 minutes. He will push rax by 15 and when you pull allies to come help he will simply bring the rest of his team and what are you going to do.

Slithice stays out of the fight and uses her ult to cancel chronosphere.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-11 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your gameplan is to waste 100 gold on a hard carry on smoke which will do nothing but... annoy...? an enemy hero?

... What?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So your gameplan is to waste 100 gold on a hard carry on smoke which will do nothing but... annoy...? an enemy hero?

... What?
    I'll have some of what you are smoking.
    Think exactly who will buy the smoke.
    There is a possibility that the gank will be successful.

Daraiki idea wasn't bad for what he's been given, but it's not going to happen. Lesh + Invo is going to megacreeps by 25 unless extremly outskilled by carry team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    Daraiki idea wasn't bad for what he's been given, but it's not going to happen. Lesh + Invo is going to megacreeps by 25 unless extremly outskilled by carry team.
    And this fate could've been avoided if the 3-5th pickers on the team weren't so selfish. Wasting all 10 players' time in a joke game because you just had to have your favorite hero AM.

And if you say first picking a carry is just as selfish, consider if that first pick was you. No one else is picking anything so you figure they're waiting on their allies so they can build a team around it. You figure if no one else cares you will try to carry, your favorite hero is AM after all. So you pick AM, next guy picks PA. Whatever, still doable, until the next three people pick hard carries because the game is just about having fun, right? They just want to play their favorite heroes just like you did, right?

At the end of the day, if you want to hard carry, your choice is to pick first. Some teams won't actually pick a carry, in my experience, this happens way more often than a game with too many of them (just had a game of 4 ints + sand king - we won without losing a tower though (side comment: lolol 11-1-18 necro, new sadist really made him a hero again)).

10+ Year Old Account
    New Sadist makes Necro impossible to kick out of the lane. Once he gets Meka that asshole will just. not. die.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    That's fair enough, but I don't think we need them to be focusing on allowing people to customise the UI.

I'd rather just one UI, fixed, and for them to focus on balancing and getting out all the hero's.
    I wasn't referring to full addon support with "customization" anyway. It was more like moveable frames, few toggle options, scaling etc.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Fantastic rebuttal, alright dude.
    You don't know what is FoV, GUI etc. What do you want me to do?

I keep saying make GUI customizable you keep talking about scale, resolution, FoV. You can't even come up with an argument why GUI shouldn't be customizable other then throwing bullshit of it will effect the FoV(which it won't) or playing space(I think you refer to the amount of area that is rendered to the screen?).

Fix scaling, FoV.
    Remove useless textures and let players move frames(even predefined positioning is appreciated, just let players choose) etc -> problem solved.

This is an action-RTS game and current UI is too clunky for its genre.

my 2 cents and I'm really done.

edit
    You should play 5carry vs Lysah's setup game. There is no way I'm missing that game Please do it!
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You don't know what is FoV, GUI etc. What do you want me to do?

I keep saying make GUI customizable you keep talking about scale, resolution, FoV. You can't even come up with an argument why GUI shouldn't be customizable other then throwing bullshit of it will effect the FoV(which it won't) or playing space(I think you refer to the amount of area that is rendered to the screen). Scaling won't even change anything rendered behind the GUI. Toggle options same
    I did not say that it would somehow affect the FoV. I said they're not changeable for the same reason. Quote me on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kutantee, the UI is garbage because it's meant to be as close to War3's UI as possible - that means crappy FoV, huge UI elements, the works.

If you made it so that players could see farther away, that would have significant impacts in terms of balance.

I did not say that it would somehow affect the FoV. I said they're not changeable for the same reason. Quote me on that.
    You implied it.

But you cannot change it(FoV) for exactly the same reason you can't change the UI, I don't see your point.
    FoV can not be changed because it changes the area rendered. Put GUI instead of FoV. Only scaling about GUI may cause problems about fairness of the game and I've never said there should be scaling option. Instead I said it should be fixed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 10:00 PM ----------

Kuntantee, the UI is garbage because it's meant to be as close to War3's UI as possible - that means crappy FoV, huge UI elements, the works.

If you made it so that players could see farther away, that would have significant impacts in terms of balance.
    I've never said the cam distance, FoV should be altered by players. I just said GUI should be more customizable. Wtf is wrong with you people...read what I said ffs...

Fixed Cam distance and FoV is a must for balance. No1 is saying otherwise. I used a software(hack in other terms) that altered the cam distance of WC3 many years ago and you can't imagine amount of ease it brings to the game while others using very close cam. These kind of things have to be fixed but GUI is not a critical factor for balancing.

I'm gonna repeat myself. When I say customization I do not mean full addon support like WoW.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 08:07 PM.

I'm gonna repeat myself. When I say customization I do not mean full addon support like WoW.
    Provide examples.

Provide examples.
    Go read my previous posts. I mentioned what I mean by customization. Besides, I can't be arsed to post an in-depth analysis of what DotA 2 GUI needs. Even if I wanted to I wouldn't write it here.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 08:50 PM.

New Sadist makes Necro impossible to kick out of the lane. Once he gets Meka that asshole will just. not. die.
    I didn't even get mek, I just went straight for bloodstone because I thought we were going to lose (our lane phase was baaaad) and I just planned on jungling for a while to pass the time. After a few awesome team fights I suddenly have a 16 stack bloodstone and the game is over anyway. The mana return itself is awesome, necro can snipe a kill with his ult and use the mana return to heal his team back to full with spampulse for a push. It really surprises me just how much one small change affected the hero as a whole.

Go read my previous posts. I mentioned what I mean by customization. Besides, I can't be arsed to post an in-depth analysis of what DotA 2 GUI needs. Even if I wanted to I wouldn't write it here.
    If you don't want to list a few examples, why even bother making the point in the first place?

The current UI is full with useless texture which occupies half of screen scape. Abilities are huge as fuck. It's like its designed for almost-blind people. Scaling will solve this issue. The hero portrait is useless piece of screen spaces. Allow players to remove it. A toggle for inventory may be good(well at least I would use it). IN essence, the more customizable UI is, the better gaming experience will be. It's time for MOBA/Action-RTS to evolve its UI. The modding for UI is must in 2012 but this is just my opinion. I have to say I was totally disappointed when I see bad-old interface ported to DotA 2...
    This is your post. Am I missing something here, or are you just suggesting full-on customization à la WoW is a good thing? That scaling should be standard?

If you don't want to list a few examples, why even bother making the point in the first place?
    If you don't want to list a few examples
    list a few examples
    few examples
    Repeat: I gave few examples but I'm not going to conduct a in-depth analysis.

This is your post. Am I missing something here, or are you just suggesting full-on customization à la WoW is a good thing? That scaling should be standard?
    Yes you are missing something. GUI modding can be restricted to be "fair" as mentioned in some of my posts. Addon support, on the other hand, is way broader term compared to GUI modding that I stated I was not referring to and if you think few toggles and texture removal is full-on customization, then, you've never seen customization.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-11-11 at 09:33 PM.