Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Wowprogress starts out at X amount of points, and decay's by Y% every day that goes from the first kill. Paragon and BL killed it on the same day, so they both get full points. Anyone killing it tomorrow, gets X-Y% points.
    Are you sure about "every day"? This is what their FAQ says :

World first gets maximal score, next kills score determined based on time interval between the kill and the world first kill plus a constant (constant = nominal score / 2). Boss kills after 180 days grant only constant amount of points.
    If the time interval is on a scale of days then it's very unfair, so I doubt it. If that was the case you could theoretically have all guilds at rank 1, or at least have a couple guilds at rank 1 which would undermine the entire idea of a rank.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Are you sure about "every day"? This is what their FAQ says :

If the time interval is on a scale of days then it's very unfair, so I doubt it. If that was the case you could theoretically have all guilds at rank 1, or at least have a couple guilds at rank 1 which would undermine the entire idea of a rank.
    Not sure it's every day, but I know that if you kill it a day after the first, you get less points than the first. And yes, theoretically, you could have guilds at the same amount of points - I'd assume it looks at killdates after that? Dunno, site kinda sucks anyway IMO atleast.

Deleted
    Here's hoping some asian guild kills the Sha of Fear first on both 10 and 25 man so everyone can just stfu with this EU-US-10-25 bull.
    People insulting each other over what other people who never heard of them did, what a depressing thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to Method

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    gz method and still being infront of blood legion overall ranking

Deleted
    Wowprogress should really remove their combined bracket because mixing 10man och 25man score makes ZERO sense.

Can anybody link a video of Zor'lok HC fight PRE-NERF?

Quote Originally Posted by mmaker View Post
    Wowprogress should really remove their combined bracket because mixing 10man och 25man score makes ZERO sense.
    Except you can just click on 25 man only rankings if you want and look only that, it's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelirion View Post
    Can anybody link a video of Zor'lok HC fight PRE-NERF?
    There is one on Kripparrian's YouTube channel.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Seriously? Is this still going on? Amsden didn't say anything wrong: Paragon are WF10, Blood Legion are WF25, that's a fact. It's also a fact that Paragon are world second overall this raid and Blood Legion are world first overall this raid. There is nothing to fix, so please let's just let everyone congratulate their favorite guilds for whatever they deem more important. Just get along, people.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

Wowprogress disapproves your opinion on the matter.

I love threads like this, it's always people talking about how x persons kill doesn't matter because it was 10/25 man, or that they're happy it's a EU guild #1 not a US, or how this raids world first doesn't matter, or any way to make someones accomplishments look bad. seriously, grow up. why don't you try just congratulating and being happy for whoever it is, though some top guilds really deserve more recognition because some top guilds are assholes and tools who don't deserve it, and some aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course EU will never be happy that A US guild finally got World First & just cause Blood Legion is Ranked 3rd they think there no longer World First, but they also don't understand how Wowprogress works many people in this thread have explained it. Even if Blood Legion is 3rd they still have World First Grand Empress.

Some people just don't understand the race at all, Blood Legion killed it first for 25man & thats it, Paragon got the World First kill on 10man (World Second Overall), Method got the World 2nd 25man kill (World 3rd Overall) for that raid. But there is also 1 more raid Terrace of Endless of Springs and there well will see the final bracket People always complain saying we should include 10 & 25man. There is no who killed it faster than the other, On Tuesday Us couldn't kill Vizier as it was bugged and going Left you would have to wipe everytime. Wednesday comes & Method was 4/6 ahead of everyone including Blood Legion than they came up from behind and killed both Amber Shaper & Grand Empress before anyway.

Blood Legion killed Grand Empress 18 hours before Method & 14 hours before Paragon did on 10man, So saying Method or Paragon cleared the raid faster is a useless arguement & excuse cause this time cause of a bug everyone was on even footing and started progression on Wednesday.

So the Standing for HM Heart of Fear:
    Blood Legion got the World 1st HM Heart of Fear Clear Overall w/ Amber-Shaper & Grand Empress World 1st 25man Kills,
    Paragon got World 2nd HM Heart of Fear Clear Overall, 1st 10 man to clear all HM HoF bosses.
    Than Method got World 3rd HM Heart of Fear Clear Overall w/ World Second Grand Empress & Amber-Shaper 25man & World First 25 man Vizier, Blade Lord, Garalon & Wind Lord.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-11-11 at 08:56 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Paragon just got Last boss down on Heroic

Edit: Picture: http://i.imgur.com/xoMB5.jpg

Edit2: Time in Picture is Servertime + 1
    There is only 8 people in that list...?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyur View Post
    There is only 8 people in that list...?
    Possible server transfers filling last two spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    No Guildox does that. Usually i am in favor of that aproach. On this tier though, with the first boss practically unkillable the 16 hours advandage that Blood Legion usually has is nullified by the fact that they were still at 0/6 for more than a day AFTER the european guilds joined the race.
    This particular tier the first access to content didnt offer much to an advandage to US guilds like it does in most tiers. It was a fair and square world first 25 kill.
    What actually Guildox and Wowprogress do it? How their ranking system work? Please explain in bit details. Which site consider patch launch difference for different region? From ranking I assume Wowprogress consider that but Guildox doesnt. Arrgh..its confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

Wowprogress disapproves your opinion on the matter.
    I said "this raid" and not "this tier" for a reason. This very particular raid Paragon are world 2nd overall, but they're still first if we're talking about the entire tier.

While Paragon got the second kill, based on the time that the raid was available to each guild respectively, Paragon won by 10 hours. Regardless of what anyone wants to say, this is not an opinion, this is an unbiased, straight fact. Nothing more. This is most likely why they received full points on WoWProgress, because, in reality, they killed the boss faster. That does not mean they killed it first.

All the senseless arguing when the reason is plain and simple is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    While Paragon got the second kill, based on the time that the raid was available to each guild respectively, Paragon won by 10 hours. Regardless of what anyone wants to say, this is not an opinion, this is an unbiased, straight fact. Nothing more. This is most likely why they received full points on WoWProgress, because, in reality, they killed the boss faster. That does not mean they killed it first.

All the senseless arguing when the reason is plain and simple is silly.
    They really didn't kill it any faster. Rather than going by when when the raid opened for each time zone, go by when the first boss was hotfixed. Before the hotfix, nobody could kill it. After the hotfix, all the top guilds killed it and were on an even slate time wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    They really didn't kill it any faster. Rather than going by when when the raid opened for each time zone, go by when the first boss was hotfixed. Before the hotfix, nobody could kill it. After the hotfix, all the top guilds killed it and were on an even slate time wise.
    This still really changes nothing. The us guilds still had an extra 24 hours to test the boss and refine strategies. They had more time, if they so wished, to take alts into later fights and learn them, things like that. WoWProgress isnt going to change their entire rating system based on a single fight when it doesn't change the reason WHY they rank the way they do.

Congrats to Blood Legion, Paragon and Method for their kills:-) Regardless of all this arguing about 10/25 man, it's so cool to see how close all these guilds are in terms of kills and ability, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them all tackle Heart of Fear.