Deleted

Starshatter and Spec help..

Hi guys, so i just won Starshatter N.
    I "was" SMF with Elegion LFR and Dubious Handaxe.
    - Now.. what should i do? Arms, TG or just stay SMF?

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gebar/advanced

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    Hi guys, so i just won Starshatter N.
    I "was" SMF with Elegion LFR and Dubious Handaxe.
    - Now.. what should i do? Arms, TG or just stay SMF?

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gebar/advanced
    and btw - my i have 2H sword from scholomance

Deleted
    I'd advice you to pick a specc that you feel most comfortable with. Theoretically fury should pull ahead, with SMF being slightly stronger assuming equal weapons.
    But since you only have one 489 weapon I think arms is the way to go if that is a specc you enjoy playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I got my normal Elegion, it and a 463 blue weapon simmed above Arms with a 489 Starshatter for me so I'd just use Chardev and Simcraft together and figure out what spec you want to be. If dying is an issue, I'd suggest going TG, as the extra stamina from the second 2 hander can be between a 6-8% HP boost depending on what gear you are comparing. The DPS loss between TG and SMF ranges between 1 to 3% based on the sims I have run while deciding what weapons to pass on to tanks, what weapons to pass to said tank's OS he sometimes uses, etc. Personally, I'd rather survive at 5% HP left and execute a boss for 600k in the burn phase and kill him than do 1 to 3% more damage over the course of the fight, but right now I am SMF because I got "lucky" with 1 N Elegion and 1 LFR Elegion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

SMF is only stronger than TG because of the SMF buff increasing all your damage dealt by 35%, so its Executes hit harder, since they're based on attack power and not weapon damage. Throughout the rest of the fight TG does more, but Execute phase for SMF is just that much stronger than TG, that it pushes SMF ahead overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    SMF is only stronger than TG because of the SMF buff increasing all your damage dealt by 35%, so its Executes hit harder, since they're based on attack power and not weapon damage. Throughout the rest of the fight TG does more, but Execute phase for SMF is just that much stronger than TG, that it pushes SMF ahead overall.

+35% to offhand also.

Deleted
    Hmm, thanks for your answers, but it didn't quite "answer" what i meant.
    - I can play both specs well, i just wan't to know what to do. hopefully someone have had the same problem as me and can share what you did?

In your exact situation I swapped to TG. I've been happy enough with it. I'll go back SMF if i get a 489 Elegion or a 496 Scimitar or Kilrak, but otherwise i think the 489 Starshatter outweighs the 476 Elegion, even with TG being a bit inferior to SMF.

I'd go Arms. I have a 476 and a 489 Starshatter and Arms sims slightly higher than TG. And anecdotally (? is this even a word?) it's better than TG for me in practice as well. I have an LFR Elegion and a Dubious, but I highly doubt they're anywhere near. I'll have to sim it I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I'd go Arms. I have a 476 and a 489 Starshatter and Arms sims slightly higher than TG. And anecdotally (? is this even a word?) it's better than TG for me in practice as well. I have an LFR Elegion and a Dubious, but I highly doubt they're anywhere near. I'll have to sim it I guess.
    Hmm Arms actually outsims TG starshatter 489 MH/476 OH? interesting cuz i am atm using TG with this combo. sitting at 26.42% crit unbuffed.

So might have to go arms then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshke View Post
    Hmm Arms actually outsims TG starshatter 489 MH/476 OH? interesting cuz i am atm using TG with this combo. sitting at 26.42% crit unbuffed.

So might have to go arms then?
    It's up to your preference, it was ahead by like 300-400 dps for me :P

Deleted
    I probly stick to Fury TG, as im the most comfortable in that spec. And probly would take ages before i get up to par with Arms i would lose much dps inbetween.
    I will play around with arms from time to time.

Deleted
    If i'm playing right, AoE as arms isnt as good as Fury. Im not sure if that's intended (though i love SS at 2 targets).
    - Also i'm doing around 120k burst and 63k stable dps on dummy. Is that Good for my gear level?
    EDIT:
    As arms

I'm almost in the same case as you are.

Just got Starshatter N, I previously had 2x 463 crafted Mace.

I can't decide if I should go Arms with Starshatter N or Fury TG Starshatter/ i463 sword from Scholomance.
    I know Fury pulls ahead but isn't a 463 weapon a big loss in case of dual-wielding ?