Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    You try to perform in PvP with only two bars, let me know how it pans out for you.
    Two bars, two bars...your sir are spoilt, in my day we only had two buttons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WBdj...&feature=share
    HeHe

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Depending on what kind of API access they grant, they can limit this kind of behavior in addons (as far as I've heard from those who know more about addon development than I do).
    This, addons != boss mods, what's allowed is up to the developer and there is so much that can be allowed without changing balance for the game, think of it like vanity items for your UI.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    HeHe
    Hahaha that was after my time.

HeHe
    heh, it would be much easier to balance pvp if everyone could only use 2 buttons

HeHe
    That made me smile.

1. Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it.
    You know, I don't doubt that the game still has potential, nor that there is an audience out there for the game, now, and, hopefully later.. however, when they do and say things like this, it just comes off as.. out of touch, maybe? I'm not sure how to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    This, addons != boss mods, what's allowed is up to the developer and there is so much that can be allowed without changing balance for the game, think of it like vanity items for your UI.
    The one addon I look for in a game is: the Auction House [in this case GTN] addon that basically works like Auctionator: simple interface, scans the market, gives you tooltip feedback on the current market value of your items, and shows the competitors currently listed so that you can set the price accordingly. Absolute #1 want-to-have in any game that employs a player auction house market system.
    Waste not, want not.

In regards to:

"Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it."

Could refer to 2-3 people who love it. Not to hate, but it's pretty open ended.

Hickman always rubs me wrong. I can't remember anything that guy said or was responsible for in Warhammer being remotely useful.
    Last edited by Drakos; 2012-11-10 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    In regards to:

Hickman always rubs me wrong. I can't remember anything that guy said or was responsible for in Warhammer being remotely useful.
    Thousands on my server so not sure where you get the 2-3 people loving the game. I agree that Hickman is a tool though. Am basing that on nothing more than a hunch so I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    In regards to:

If the game was awesome, people would pay to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    people do pay for it = game is awesome?

Ps: James Ohlen latest interview was kinda strange... black hair, dark eyes... he seemed like some teenager out of Fright Night....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    I'm not trying to say the game is awesome (personally I think it is but I don't want to turn this into another one of those debates) but people are still paying to playing it....granted not as many people as was expected to still be playing it 11 months after release but there is still a sizeable community.

On the subject of the size of the community...is it still about the 400K-500K active players? And how does that compare to other MMOs out there? I've done a bit of looking around for numbers but I'm not an experiecened gamer and don't know all the good info sites.

Deleted
    I think what they mean with "People love it and want to play it." is

1) People go "Damn i really love this game (because X and Y)...but I cant pay 15 dollars month for it because of reasons"
    2) They have dedicated cool fanbase. They make art, videos, fanfic..they promote the game..keep blogs..you know, that kinda stuff.
    3) Those that play - play a lot of hours. Pretty common in MMOs, sure.
    4) The story is awesome - I havent played since what..1.2..but yeah, story is great and I do love it. Cant wait to get back next week..

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I think what they mean with "People love it and want to play it." is

1) People go "Damn i really love this game (because X and Y)...but I cant pay 15 dollars month for it because of reasons"
    Except that the huge majority of those reasons weren't, this game is awesome b/c of x and y and I can't afford it.

The argument was, this game is not great because you still haven't fixed bugs from launch, each patch brings more bugs that take too long to fix, there isn't enough content in the game, and I can't justify a subscription to this game. Their answer to this is to not change anything fundamental or underlying that caused the dissatisfaction, but merely to lure people in with a 'free' window that strong arms you into subscribing.

Note that these opinions are not entirely my own. Other than a lack of content, which led to cancelling my subscription, I loved the game. I never had many personal problems with bugs or poor performance, never cared that space was a rail shooter, but it's well documented for others.

Everything is going to have a dedicated fan base. I mean people make emulators for games that are decades old because they love them and want to keep playing them. People still watch wrestling even though the UFC has grown far larger. The point is that they don't need to blow smoke up their supporter's asses, or patronize the people they want back to the game. Unfortunately this writing, along with the entire design of F2P, kinda does just that.

Deleted
    ''1. Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it.''

Lol. Are they really that deluded or just completely stupid? anybody who's ever shown a slight interest in MMO games knows it was a colossal facepalm of a game, who are they trying to kid?

Infracted: Please post constructively or not at all. Just bashing the game doesn't add to the conversation.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-11-12 at 04:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post

Lol. Are they really that deluded or just completely stupid? anybody who's ever shown a slight interest in MMO games knows it was a colossal facepalm of a game, who are they trying to kid?
    This is the company that tried to blame the failure of SWTOR on the players and and also said that the Mass Effect 3 ending was good. Since the EA acquisition BioWare have done nothing with criticism bar covering their ears and go "LALALALALALALALALA, EVERYONE LOVES US, IGN SAID SO, LALALALALALA!".

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Since the EA acquisition BioWare have done nothing with criticism bar covering their ears and go "LALALALALALALALALA, EVERYONE LOVES US, IGN SAID SO, LALALALALALA!".
    Rofl! I can totally see this going on in the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post

The game is actually pretty good. Much better PvP than the other MMOs out there (including GW2 in my opinion). Fun ops, good story. It's got everything I want in a game. No need to bash games without actually providing some feedback with some supporting evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    The game is actually pretty good. Much better PvP than the other MMOs out there (including GW2 in my opinion). Fun ops, good story. It's got everything I want in a game. No need to bash games without actually providing some feedback with some supporting evidence.
    /agree

it's interesting how "butthurt" some people still are over this game... must have touched something.

I wonder when the "no content" people finally stop to pull this out of their shoes as I can't do all content with all my chars during one week so for me there is kinda more than enough content....

So out of that whole statement people just read:

1. Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it.
    And decided to spend the rest of the thread bitching? What is it you people really want? For game developers to crawl on their bellies and beg forgiveness every time they make a game you decide to pour hate on? Honestly I think the MMO player base is the one with the ego problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I wonder when the "no content" people finally stop to pull this out of their shoes as I can't do all content with all my chars during one week so for me there is kinda more than enough content....
    Most ridiculous exaggeration I've heard all week. Repeating the same content on 100 alts doesn't qualify as 'content'. The game should be made for the person who will play one character and then up. I can accomplish everything there is to do on one character in one day. The rest of the week I can sit and spin for all it matters.

Just because I can repeat that infinitely on every alt I want to level is not content. You know by that logic, you should just delete your characters as soon as they hit 50, because hey...the game is so full of content you are free to relevel the same class all over again.

So which game provides enough content to keep you busy for a full week with (apparently) tons of hours to spend while playing only one char. I didn't encounter any such MMO in the last... well since I'm playing MMO's. They should add faction grinding where as each mission gives around 100-150 points and you need like 50k, not sure if this would count as "content" however. As I played long time EQ2... better raiding guilds would spend not more than one day to clear more raidcontent than what we have currently available in swtor, it was mostly the midway guilds which spend weeks to reach the same result.

I can only say that... because I have several alts (as they have different stories and that's what this MMO is mostly about) I already have to choose what I'd prefer to do.

I think that for a normal person with 3-4 hours to spend each day, flashpoint/ dailies/ space and pvp do hold enough to fill out the time. With 1.5 coming we'll have more raidcontent (the same instance but different scripts) and more dailies.

Bottom line is... the longer the game is out, the more content will be available.