Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So is this the place where all non texans think texans are all the same and that we're a bunch of ignorant baffoons?

Because contrary to what people think, Texas is actually pretty diverse in our thinking, especially in the big cities like Dallas, Houston, Austin, ect. The more rural you get, the more of the typical texan stereotype you'll find. Also quite a lot of us dislike our Gov Hair and keep trying to vote him out.

So please, stop acting like Texas is the great evil state when its not just because most of our politicians are stupid as hell.
    It's obvious not everyone in texas is insane. Yet when people vote for and allow politicians to go so far as to make it law that Texas has to have "special" school text books? It's hard to have a lot of respect for the state as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Those statements were also being said by people in the event that Romney won.

Long story short: People on both sides are idiots and overreact.

difference is though, if Romney won, its not hard to find a more left wing country than US, but you are going to have a hard time finding a more right wing country than US other than middle east.i know 99% of the time its empty threats, but still makes me laugh.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's a false equivalency, don't fall into that trap.
    I don't get what is wrong with stating that something happened, when in fact it did.

The second statement is also true.

I find it slightly comical that everyone seems to be either taking their logic courses in college right now or trying to emulate Wells.

This reminds me a lot of a kick vote in LFR. No one really knows whats going on, they just click kick because it popped up on their screen. I would support almost all of those states leaving the union though. When they threaten to leave it is like when the crappiest player on your team threatens to leave; no one cares and it is actually preferable. Its not like anyone is like "oh noes, please dont leave the union Louisiana. Where will I get my TV shows about people who kill alligators and rats for a living?" I think it would be amazing how fast the US improves by removing that kind of archaic, racist, fundamentalist thinking from the union. The best part would be watching those states struggle to create a military to defend themselves before Mexico invaded and took them over. I mean really, who would come to their military aid, the US? LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    People are quick to blame obama/ bush for the failed economy problem for the last few years, but forget that the rest of the world are suffering the exact same problem -.-
    This. /10 chars
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Thoughts? Secession is illegal, and failed in 1860. This is crap brought to you by malcontent whiners and nothing more.
    Actually, Texas is the only state in the U.S. who maintains the legal right to secede from the union. The reason is because Texas was an independent nation before joining the United States.

You should do some history research before looking silly.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think it would be amazing how fast the US improves by removing that kind of archaic, racist, fundamentalist thinking from the union. The best part would be watching those states struggle to create a military to defend themselves before Mexico invaded and took them over. I mean really, who would come to their military aid, the US? LOL.
    Apparently you overlooked the fact that most of the military post/bases are in the southern part of the US. What happens when they decide to go and take the bases and equipment with them? Not sure if you are old enough to remember the cold war but during the 70's/80's the upper Midwest would have been the 3rd largest nuclear power in the world had they decided to leave the union.

I think it's funny that people would go nuts if a religious figure ran for president. LIke a Cardinal, Rabbi or whatever ( esp a leader of a religion not their own)... BUT they were all ok with the white choice being a bishop in his religion.. LOL

I notice most of the people who think the world is going to end are the people who think the babyboomers still have both hands on the wheel. That is not the case. Deal with it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Actually, Texas is the only state in the U.S. who maintains the legal right to secede from the union. The reason is because Texas was an independent nation before joining the United States.

You should do some history research before looking silly.
    "The Republic of Texas successfully seceded from Mexico in 1836. Mexico refused to recognize Texas as an independent country, but the major nations of the world did. In 1845, Congress admitted Texas as a state. Contrary to popular myths, the documents governing Texas' accession to the United States of America do not mention any right of secession—although they did raise the possibility of dividing Texas into multiple states inside the Union. Mexico warned that annexation meant war and the Mexican–American War followed in 1846."

So you are both kind of half right.

http://books.google.com/books?id=mMo...page&q&f=false
    Last edited by Atamus; 2012-11-11 at 11:44 PM. Reason: bolding

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Gerrymandering and people not realizing THIER politicians are the problem while thinking everyone elses is the problem.
    Shhhh don't pop the, "it's not me it's the other guy who has the problem" bubble.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckman637 View Post
    Apparently you overlooked the fact that most of the military post/bases are in the southern part of the US. What happens when they decide to go and take the bases and equipment with them? Not sure if you are old enough to remember the cold war but during the 70's/80's the upper Midwest would have been the 3rd largest nuclear power in the world had they decided to leave the union.
    Honest question, would the Union allow them to keep said materiels? Even if they did, wouldn't they lose all the funds they would have normally gotten from the federal government to maintain said bases?
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Do you really think a state like Texas cares about the UN?
    Come on now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    ye, but he's the only INFLUENCIAL force and he's brough US downhill even further than Bush did
    you of all people should recognise that, you're a Ron Paul supporter
    Less than fifteen posts in and you already derailed the thread.

OT: Texas won't leave the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Thoughts? Secession is illegal, and failed in 1860. This is crap brought to you by malcontent whiners and nothing more.
    The formation of the united states was illegal too. Nothings illegal if you win. Besides texas can legally leave the u.s. any time they want its in their constitution. All they have to do is have the other states become part of texas and they can all legally leave.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    No, the US isn't falling apart because of Obama being re-elected, it's just all the conservatives being scared because Obama is president again.

Texan here <<< I don't support leaving the U.S. It wouldn't happen, and it would be a stupid thing to do.
    conservatives have a right to be scared. They are the ones who will be over taxed to support the rest. The poor don't pay taxes and the rich bribe the government.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    The formation of the united states was illegal too. Nothings illegal if you win. Besides texas can legally leave the u.s. any time they want its in their constitution. All they have to do is have the other states become part of texas and they can all legally leave.
    State < Federal

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    People forget that it doesn't have to be legal to happen. Not that I'm advocating it in any way, but let's be real here.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    I find it funny a state who's claim to fame is a battle they lost before lunch time (the Alamo)
    The Battle of the Alamo lasted thirteen days. The Texans were outnumbered 9 to 1. You must be thinking of The Battle of San Jacinto where the outnumbered Texas Army defeated Santa Anna in less than 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I don't get what is wrong with stating that something happened, when in fact it did.

The second statement is also true.

I find it slightly comical that everyone seems to be either taking their logic courses in college right now or trying to emulate Wells.
    I'm doing neither. I just remember the whole thing from the communism days and even nearer the USA vs other cultures debates where people say, "well the US has done bad things too so everyone is the same". Taking a logic course would probably help you, don't know why you find it comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman637 View Post
    If you are including California and the Midwest (which traditionally are not "The South") then yes they would have the majority. But leave them out and the military power in California and north of the Mid Atlantic would be more than a match for the "South."

http://www.visitmilitarybases.com/basemap.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Do we have to? Can't we just let them go and tell them to take the rest of the South with them?
    Hell yeah. Split the country in half the democrats and liberals get the top the conservatives and republicans get the bottom. In 10 years the top will be broke with 90% unemployment and come begging the bottom for help.