Thread: MMR Exploit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Wat.... a total of 8 rbg's won, and 5k rating. Quoting zilea here; G to the G blizzard.

Holy shit this is so fucking stupid. How in the hell?
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    Holy shit this is so fucking stupid. How in the hell?
    RBGs have had rating bugs that have been unfixed since they were introduced.

Check the EU RBG ladder sometime, there's people with negative losses.

They also need to completely REDO the ranking system in PvP. Make it much more clean, simple, concise. Seriously, we have been using this ranking system for how long? Burning Crusade? Thats about 5 years of this. Please Blizzard fix this. Going to the Blizzard forums now ill post a link so you can come and help with this. This is outrageous.
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, i've had a serious consideration to stop buying gametime shortly after i realised how they handled the whole start of the season crap.

That consideration just got back. Stronger than ever.

I mean, how much less can you care about people fucking up your game than not doing jack shit about this?

So after reading through this thread i decided to check up on the WoW forums to see if they could provide more understanding to this topic. Well it didnt. It confused me more. I looked at most linked Arena teams and the statistics just dont make sense. How is it a team can have 160 games played but the characters on the team only account for every won game and less than a handful of the losses?

What does MMR have to do with arena rating? Why if they are exploiting MMR are their losses not being counted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    So after reading through this thread i decided to check up on the WoW forums to see if they could provide more understanding to this topic. Well it didnt. It confused me more. I looked at most linked Arena teams and the statistics just dont make sense. How is it a team can have 160 games played but the characters on the team only account for every won game and less than a handful of the losses?

What does MMR have to do with arena rating? Why if they are exploiting MMR are their losses not being counted?
    MMR basically is your invisible rating. It decides who you face. If it doesn't drop on a loss that means you can keep facing people at higher rating. And when you lose but don't lose MMR you can keep matching up against the same kaliber of people untill you meet something you can easly beat because of how the game works. (comps and shit)

Tank it up, collect points.

You know, i've had a serious consideration to stop buying gametime shortly after i realised how they handled the whole start of the season crap.

That consideration just got back. Stronger than ever.

I mean, how much less can you care about people fucking up your game than not doing jack shit about this?
    Well in my case i've given Blizzard 1 week to clean this shit up. I know threatening a huge corporation like Blizzard (to unsub) is pretty asinine, but in the end the only reason I play this game is to Arena and RBG, and if I have to constantly queue into -950 teams wasting hours of gametime, there's really no point playing. The MMR system we've had since BC (although we started at 1500 then) is still fine with me, put a ticket up - copy and paste the link I provided, and lets get WoW back to what it was!
    Last edited by Lap; 2012-11-14 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame on Blizz for not fixing this kind of exploitation IMMEDIATELY.

The whole arena/RBG system needs a full restart with t2 weps and recent achievements confiscated.
    Anything other than this is going to cripple the entire PvP system and Blizzard's reputation for a long time.

blizzard set the ladder on the site back and froze it so it doesn't update, but people are still on cheated teams. Looks like they're just trying to make it look as not-bad as possible.

edit:
    US ladder only, EU ladder still has the hilarious results.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-11-12 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lap View Post
    Much appreciated. Maybe if enough people ticket GMs, blizzard will eventually do something. You're welcome to use the link I provided as an obvious example, but there really are so many atm.
    Just the other day I'm pretty sure I saw a guy with 2500 rbg rating at 9wins - 22 losses. Go figure.
    I thought regardless of how a mod feels, naming and shaming is still against rules here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I thought regardless of how a mod feels, naming and shaming is still against rules here?
    Apparently not...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    The MMR exploiter is obviously breaking the rules, He deserves to be exposed of regardless of outcome. Thankfully your pvp mods support this

Deleted
    nameing and shaming rule is there to protect the innocent from being wrongfully called out. What the OP has done has shown undeniable proof that someone has cheated. Even though hes spammed a load of tiny achievements its not possible to get that high a ratings boost in just 1 day. (let alone the half an hour he actually did it in)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    nameing and shaming rule is there to protect the innocent from being wrongfully called out. What the OP has done has shown undeniable proof that someone has cheated. Even though hes spammed a load of tiny achievements its not possible to get that high a ratings boost in just 1 day. (let alone the half an hour he actually did it in)
    From the rules:

Naming & Shaming
    We don't want to see one sided accusations or any other form of naming and shaming. Armory links to characters that are not your own will be deleted, as will character names and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Most likely we'll have a complete ladder reset coming in the near future, hopefully paired with MMR being wiped clean, which isn't actually a bad thing because of the funky state of warriors and mages.
    You honestly think so? I was talking about this to a friend, and no matter how much everyone would love a complete ladder reset, there would be a HUGE outcry from the social pvpers of WoW who have played 300 games for their 1.8k achiev and haven't been impacted at all by all this.

Also, a complete reset would be unfair to all the people who haven't queued this week and haven't had any rating inflation because of the mmr abusers.

I know a couple of guys who have been stuck on 2.1k for 4-5 weeks now. They queued yesterday all day until they hit one of these guys, now they are 2.2k and sitting on it for weapons.

I don't see them doing an MMR reset or a ladder reset, it's just the way Blizzard are. They will probably say nothing about the matter, sneakily fix the exploit in a couple of weeks, ban the people who abused and then pretend nothing happened and ignore the collateral damage caused by it. (Random teams gaining 100-200 rating off a team who left before gates opened).

The best thing to do would probably be to reset all arena achievements and ratings to 2 weeks ago, if that's possible.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2012-11-12 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    From the rules:
    Don't take the fact an admin disagreed with you personally. The real issue here should be focused on getting as many people as possible talking/ticketing this exploit and pointing out the obvious participants involved...
    Or are you ok with all this going on?

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    That's exactly it and the name was just a great example of how this bug isn't JUSt being exploited by extremists/rating boosters/sellers, but very normal, very average players - with ease.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-12 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    That just makes me sad.

Deleted
    That just makes me sad.
    The saddest part is that most teams disband by themselves after getting 2.7k 3v3 and 2.2k 5v5 achievement. So what you see here is just tip of the iceberg (people who want tier 2 and a high CP cap next week).

Edit: The ladders and the site linked aren't fully updated yet. Currently it's much worse than what is shown here.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-12 at 02:42 PM.