want more info on this!!!!
    I Know My Spelling Is Bad so Live With it or dont and just die

This was so sad, Going to miss everyone that i met in the game. cya in 2.0!

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - End of an Era

An amazing emotion filled trailer to mark the ending of XIV1.0, and I simply cannot wait for A Realm Reborn
    Thanks to all I have made friends with on Sargatanas. I have had a blast playing the game ever since I started in july 2011

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the explanation, I hope I get into the beta. Now to decide if I am gonna start new, or continue with my current character.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

I also felt more immersed playing XIV and in during the final hours of Dalamud, than I felt with any of the expansions of WOW. Cataclysm IMO should have taken this route. We fight the armies of Deathwing, and at the end he breaks free. Starts destroying the world and the Dragon Aspects sends us to another world (new expansion) and at the end of that Expansion, we head back to Azeroth where we start rebuilding it as another new expansion (not Pandaria). Hehehe
    But I gave up WoW and Cataclysm in DS raids, and now will wait for ARR as my one and only MMO ^^

Makes you think doesn't it? I got this feeling these guys travel the FFXI world. Yeah it's simple...but I can hope. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    I also felt more immersed playing XIV and in during the final hours of Dalamud, than I felt with any of the expansions of WOW.
    That was pretty much the main reason why I played XI; you felt completely immersed and involved with what was going on. If Square Enix can do one thing right, it's weaving an intricate and emotional story line. Then once you're tied to the game that way, you get a more tangible relationship with linkshell (guild) mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    That was pretty much the main reason why I played XI; you felt completely immersed and involved with what was going on. If Square Enix can do one thing right, it's weaving an intricate and emotional story line. Then once you're tied to the game that way, you get a more tangible relationship with linkshell (guild) mates.
    I was going to start playing XI back in 2004/05 when me and a few friends went to a store to find our first MMO to play. I was the only one holding the box for XI, but all my friends went for WOW, so I went there as well until Cataclysm, and discovering the trailer of XIV imbedded into my Sony Xperia Arc phone and bought it. And cancelled my WoW account shortly after as I ventured further into Eorzea XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordya View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqL3-...eature=g-all-u

An epic end of an era trailer, I almost cried.
    Pretty damn nice of a trailer, for... the end.

Looks like Bahamut (I assume) had some... fun?
    Hopefully it can live up to the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralstlin View Post
    Whoever this is forgot to blurr the name in this one.

Can't wait for ARR; I'm going to try to get into the Beta.

EDIT: Also this website should probably be added to the OP, as it's kind of the hub for ARR new info: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/
    Last edited by DiscoLemonade; 2012-11-11 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoLemonade View Post
    Whoever this is forgot to blurr the name in this one.

Can't wait for ARR; I'm going to try to get into the Beta.

EDIT: Also this website should probably be added to the OP, as it's kind of the hub for ARR new info: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/
    Hm, OP already edited it in pretty quick, hehe.

Yeah, I had that site bookmarked for a bit, but it didn't post any updates for a while until last week with the character customization.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the game when it launched back in 2010, though I played it for maybe 5 hours before uninstalling it.

For those of you who currently play this game, will it be difficult to get into it when 2.0 drops (from all perspectives; game play, story, etc). I never played FF XI, and the only other FF games I've played are FF 1 and 3 (no joke). The game is gorgeous and I really appreciate Square's sense of storytelling, so this game felt like a no-brainer to me, but it was so messed up when it launched. I would love it if this 2.0 made it playable and I get really immerse myself in it.

Deleted
    If I've read it correctly, the Servers for XIV have been shut down as of today. You can only try to register for alpha and beta, as you should have an account already.

Is there somewehre an estimated timetable as to when they hope to relaunch?

I have hear Beta would be up by end january / early Feb.
    They have also said they would release it WHEN it was finished, not predetermine a date and ship it on that day. If they need to delay it to sort things out, they will. Some say relaunch would be March2013, others speculate July or later.

I do hope they manage to polish the game and ready for launch pretty soon as I loved playing XIV 1.0 and what I have seen so far of whats in ARR, I cant contain myself from wanting to play it ASAP

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I bought the game when it launched back in 2010, though I played it for maybe 5 hours before uninstalling it.

For those of you who currently play this game, will it be difficult to get into it when 2.0 drops (from all perspectives; game play, story, etc). I never played FF XI, and the only other FF games I've played are FF 1 and 3 (no joke). The game is gorgeous and I really appreciate Square's sense of storytelling, so this game felt like a no-brainer to me, but it was so messed up when it launched. I would love it if this 2.0 made it playable and I get really immerse myself in it.
    Do not think it will be hard to get back into is, as basicly it is a brand new game. New UI, combat system, remade maps, brand new custommade GFX engine etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Do not think it will be hard to get back into is, as basicly it is a brand new game. New UI, combat system, remade maps, brand new custommade GFX engine etc.
    Sounds good. I have no problem waiting for it to relaunch, as I'd rather it actually be ready to play. I couldn't believe I'd paid money for it when I played it at launch...
    Is there a good place to read/watch what's going into 2.0? Since there's so much negativity around the game it's hard to find decent information on it. I'd like to see how the classes and combat are going to work, professions, and get a feel for the story and such. Is the official site good for that or is all breadcrumbs of information sprinkled throughout the site (I like being able to find a clear and concise source). Thanks.

Wow, so idk how I have missed all this, I bought the game at launch, this was a game I was really excited for but it was a complete letdown. So after a couple of days trying to adapt and all the press that was going out about it, I gave up, uninstalled, and never looked back. Now, just by chance I saw this here on MMO, and all I can say is holy crap. I am once again excited for this to be re releasing, and im bummed I missed the relm event last night. Now, I've looked up some stuff on the main website for it, but is there a good non junked source of info, and are people who own the game getting into the beta, or is it a sign up process, Thanks!
    Last edited by Shakapopolus; 2012-11-12 at 06:46 AM.

For those in the alpha- are the "jobs" still the same? Also, I too am sad I missed the events , but if 2.0 is basically a reset... I'll be looking for a new server to hop on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    For those in the alpha- are the "jobs" still the same? Also, I too am sad I missed the events , but if 2.0 is basically a reset... I'll be looking for a new server to hop on.
    You can play your FFXIV v1 characters from where you left them off.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    You can play your FFXIV v1 characters from where you left them off.
    Thats good, and looking at the site it doesn't seem the Job/class system has changed at all, which I'm fine with... all except Bard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    I don't think it's the Luminous engine, although I do believe the engine was created by the same studios so they are similar. As long as it's not the v1.0 engine, that can only handle corridors (at least as far as PS3 goes)
    Final Fantasy XIV uses Crystal Tools, the same engine used in Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and soon to be XIII-3, as well as Dragon Quest X, and if it's ever released, Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Though, in the rebuild of the game for "A Realm Reborn", they're using a modified version of Crystal Tools, reworking the graphics part of the engine.