Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

My brother, the botter.

Basically, my brother bots BGs in WoW and farms inferno with a bot in D3. He's also bought gold a couple times in WoW.

Obviously I want him to stop, as I don't want him to get banned.

Anyone with any idea as to what I do?

Deleted
    Break his PC.

Deleted
    Isn't it obvious? Ask him to stop and explain to him why it's wrong.

If he won't listen you can do the following:

1) Ignore the issue.
    2) Report him and have him banned. It won't be a perma-ban, so that's one way to teach him a lesson.
    3) If you're still both living home, try to get your parents involved (If he has respect for them, even when the subject is gaming, that is...)

Good luck .p

Deleted
    If all you want is for him not to get banned then don't do anything as nothing of a ban nature will happen to him. These bot ban waves people talk about are just urban legends. If you feel what he's doing is morally wrong and you'd like to see him change his ways then stage an intervention at your local church.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Break his PC.
    Also, this

EDIT: SPAM WHY YOU CHANGE YOUR POST? The other version was epic

(It was: Break his fingers) ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Isn't it obvious? Ask him to stop and explain to him why it's wrong.

If he won't listen you can do the following:

1) Ignore the issue.
    2) Report him and have him banned. It won't be a perma-ban, so that's one way to teach him a lesson.
    3) If you're still both living home, try to get your parents involved (If he has respect for them, even when the subject is gaming, that is...)

Good luck .p
    The problem with reporting is that it'll (if anything) result in a ban. I don't know if he's been temp-banned before (he hasn't told me at least), so I don't know whether or not it'll be permanent.
    Also, my parents wouldn't really care, nor would he heed their suggestions regarding botting any more than mine (which is not really much at all).

To be honest, I'm not sure I know what I was hoping for with this thread. Maybe I wanted to know what people'd do in my situation.

Let him enjoy 'playing' as he wishes there is no need for you to protect him he knows very well that he might be banned at any time. And there is no need (imo) to stab your brother in the back by reporting him to blizzard.
    Last edited by Militant; 2012-11-12 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    one question why does he buy gold if he can bot?

Send him a mail containing an keylogger, or somehow infect his PC.

Let his account be hacked.

Laugh at him when it happens.

Thats what Id do.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Basically, my brother bots BGs in WoW and farms inferno with a bot in D3. He's also bought gold a couple times in WoW.

Obviously I want him to stop, as I don't want him to get banned.

Anyone with any idea as to what I do?
    Ask him to stop if you want, but if he doesnt care let him do it. Its his life his decisions after all. And dont listen to stupid people like the one above me and be an asshole about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    one question why does he buy gold if he can bot?
    While risking of becoming labled as captain obvious :P Cause its faster ?

Time is mana!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Ask him to stop if you want, but if he doesnt care let him do it. Its his life his decisions after all. And dont listen to stupid people like the one above me and be an asshole about it.
    Right, but what if him getting banned also affects me negatively? Say, for example, I do arenas with him, or he's one of the tanks in the 10-man guild I run?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I know this is just a game, I'd talk to him about cheating and tell him, while it may not matter much in a video game, that kind of shit will not fly in college or any honest workplace. Maybe if you can convince him cheating IRL is bad you can slowly convince him cheating in WoW is not worth the risk and not totally moral either. Especially if he is botting BGs- that's screwing with other people's gaming directly, wheres a bot farming herbs may make miners and herbalists mad but you aren't wholesale making someone's gearing/progression route awful to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Right, but what if him getting banned also affects me negatively? Say, for example, I do arenas with him, or he's one of the tanks in the 10-man guild I run?
    Just curious as to why you want him to stop that badly? Sure it affects the game in general in a bad way, but there are sooo many bots. I would look the other way cause he would not bot/ do all that in all those games unless he really wanted to, and i doubt telling him to stop would make any difference. So i guess you either have to get him banned (which is well not something i would do to someone close to me) or just look the other way

Deleted
    You should talk some sense into him, make him bot less. Botting 24/7 and putting up 100's of auctions on the AH will surely raise flags. Its too bad if he gets banned, but if he does maybe he learns a lesson. And hardly all bans are permanent, they would probably give a 72hour-ban at first if even that.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    If all you want is for him not to get banned then don't do anything as nothing of a ban nature will happen to him. These bot ban waves people talk about are just urban legends. If you feel what he's doing is morally wrong and you'd like to see him change his ways then stage an intervention at your local church.
    I can't tell if you seriously believe what you posted or are just trolling! Urban Legend...rofl!!! Ignorance is bliss huh!?

OP: Let him continue botting it up and what not, eventually he'll get what he deserves, it is only a matter of time. If you are to do/say anything, he's gonna be pissed at you and/or blame you when he gets caught thinking you had something to do w/ it.

Is he your older brother or younger brother?

Becareful about reporting him. If you're both playing at the same house they might ban both his account and yours.

Actually, tell him to stop anyways. Even you don't report it and Blizzard does detect the botting, you'll risk having your account investigated as well.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    While I know this is just a game, I'd talk to him about cheating and tell him, while it may not matter much in a video game, that kind of shit will not fly in college or any honest workplace. Maybe if you can convince him cheating IRL is bad you can slowly convince him cheating in WoW is not worth the risk and not totally moral either. Especially if he is botting BGs- that's screwing with other people's gaming directly, wheres a bot farming herbs may make miners and herbalists mad but you aren't wholesale making someone's gearing/progression route awful to do.
    Cheaters prosper all the time. I saw so much cheating in college it was crazy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Just curious as to why you want him to stop that badly? Sure it affects the game in general in a bad way, but there are sooo many bots. I would look the other way cause he would not bot/ do all that in all those games unless he really wanted to, and i doubt telling him to stop would make any difference. So i guess you either have to get him banned (which is well not something i would do to someone close to me) or just look the other way
    Reporting isn't something I intend to do, as I don't want him banned. I want him to stop botting, solely for the purpose of not losing my arenapartner/guildtank (recruits are shy). Also, he's been working on the account for 7 years, I imagine he'd be a little upset if he gets banned - problem is that he doesn't really understand that he can and probably will get banned. So in a way, I see it as my responsibility.