Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaruthar View Post
    but yesterday we did hit the motherload, we found some random guy running to a safezone, we then proceeded to gun him down and see what guns/whatever he had.

And he had everything, 50+ antibiotics, 150+ painkillers, 200+ bandages, snipers/assault rifles/pistols all with a couple of mags, Alice Backpack.

EVERYTHING!
    i think this is a issue that needs to be adressed. If safezone camping that seems to be easier to get stuff then walking yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    i think this is a issue that needs to be adressed. If safezone camping that seems to be easier to get stuff then walking yourself
    Well, it is not like this everyday, and we were quite a while away from a safezone, he was just walking that direction, so that is why I assumed he was going there.

* More enter-able building
    * Better ambiance sound
    * Bandit system

3 key points I'm missing at the moment. Afaik 1 & 3 are being worked on, but what about 2?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    i just know that dayz is the most overhyped thing to happen for ages and then the people that buy it endup regretting it and saying the controls graphics gameplay lag etc are just beyond horrible so id assume so will warz

oh yeah and its so much better with friends

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 06:42 PM ----------

Hehe, I bought this game a couple of days ago, to be specific; Friday.

And I must say, this game is really awesome if you have friends to play with.

We have been pretty unlucky when it comes to farming for items, but yesterday we did hit the motherload, we found some random guy running to a safezone, we then proceeded to gun him down and see what guns/whatever he had.

And he had everything, 50+ antibiotics, 150+ painkillers, 200+ bandages, snipers/assault rifles/pistols all with a couple of mags, Alice Backpack.

EVERYTHING!

Cant wait to see this game later in development :>
    your whats wrong with the community... thats why people get server nuked by pissed off players

10+ Year Old Account

We have been pretty unlucky when it comes to farming for items, but yesterday we did hit the motherload, we found some random guy running to a safezone, we then proceeded to gun him down and see what guns/whatever he had.

EVERYTHING!

I am so glad I can make my own server to avoid people like you. You are what I hate in a game. In fairness the other guy was a bit stupid to run around with that much stuff but still.

10+ Year Old Account

EVERYTHING!

Holy crap that game lets you carry a butt load of gear....

Thanks for the key Waaldo, I got to play for a little bit and get a feel for the game.

Some observations:
    I am too nice for this game. My first instinct is always to never shoot strangers until they shoot first, which of course means I'm dead a lot.
    The game looks best through a flashlight at night but only noobs use them because they are bullet magnets.
    Spawning with nothing means there is a sharp difficulty curve for those who recently died. Your only defense against zombies is running away which is surprisingly ineffective sometimes.
    Once you do manage to scrounge a melee weapon, zombies become no threat if you confront them one at a time.
    I'll spawn in the wilderness and have to walk 30-45 minutes to reach a town only to die without ever seeing my killer. Jokes on them though, they wasted a bullet. All I wasted was a lot of time...

Suggestions:
    Give players a means to confront zombies 1 on 1 after they have spawned or make melee weapons much more common.
    Increase zombie difficulty (greater numbers and smarter ai) so players are encouraged to work cooperatively.
    Create party option with a private party chat.
    When players are killed by a survivor let them know who killed them.
    Faster movement or vehicles to speed up travel.
    Remove the death timer, it is a pointless annoyance.
    If killed by a zombie give the player the option of playing as one, perhaps with special abilities like a call that attracts other zombies or something similar to the abilities that they have in Left4Dead.

Since this is a sandbox game, it seems to me you should be able to throw out the typical ai behaviors of enemies to create some unique gameplay with the zombies. Get rid of leashes, if I run away from a zombie and lose him let him wander in that new location. Let zombies communicate, congregate and wander around together. Wandering zombie hordes that the player needs to take special care to avoid would be an interesting hazard.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2012-11-12 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    your whats wrong with the community... thats why people get server nuked by pissed off players

IM the reason? For catching a random guy running to a safezone? Should I just let him go just because he was running in that general direction?

If so, whats the point to killing people.

And it was not like we were at the border to the safezone, there was atleast a 5 minute walk to it, so again..

Why am I whats wrong with the community?

10+ Year Old Account
    IM the reason? For catching a random guy running to a safezone? Should I just let him go just because he was running in that general direction?

And it was not like we were at the border to the safezone, there was atleast a 5 minute walk to it, so again..

Your not and there is nothing wrong with what you did to begin with. People need to remember they are supposed to be playing a Zombie Apocalypse simulator, if they cant hack that then its back to L4D with them. There shouldn't even be safe zones because 1) it promotes camping 2) the only safe zone in a RL Zombie Apoc would be one you build yourself which apparently WarZ offers building ability or that will come soon so why is there a safe zone to begin with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Your not and there is nothing wrong with what you did to begin with. People need to remember they are supposed to be playing a Zombie Apocalypse simulator, if they cant hack that then its back to L4D with them. There shouldn't even be safe zones because 1) it promotes camping 2) the only safe zone in a RL Zombie Apoc would be one you build yourself which apparently WarZ offers building ability or that will come soon so why is there a safe zone to begin with?
    I think in a rl zombie apocolypse there would be safe zones, and not ones you built yourself. You can build 'safezones' but they dont act as a safe place from pvp like in the actual safezones. the area around safezones should also be free from attack to stop plonkers like the guy above camping outside.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:52 PM ----------

Why kill him int he first place, that is you're choice to camp outside safe zones and kill people the game isnt designed around pking, its about survival. Im sure in a rl zombie apocolypse your first thought would be to shoot some guy in the back, mine would be to say hello :P
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-11-12 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Why kill him int he first place, that is you're choice to camp outside safe zones and kill people the game isnt designed around pking, its about survival. Im sure in a rl zombie apocolypse your first thought would be to shoot some guy in the back, mine would be to say hello :P
    1º. He said he wasnt near the Safe Zone, but about 5 minutes or so running in the direction the guy was running, thats not "camping the safe zone"
    2º. While i agree that in a "supposed Zombie apocalipse" there would be some "good survivors", i assureyou that the number of thieves/assasins/etc,.would be bigger. Keep in mind that the majority of "resources" like ammo, food, water, medicines, etc,. would be "like gold", and very hard to find in good state, so yes, you would say hello, and maybe your chance to still be alive after that could be about the 25% or less.

Btw, from what a friend told me the game goes into Beta state in Nov. 30, and there will be some interesting changes, making the game more a "survival zombie" and not just a PK game with a few zombies... i hope he is right, because it sounds cool! :3
    Last edited by mmoc1baaa4dbec; 2012-11-13 at 06:11 PM.

The PvP is supposed to be a part of the whole survival theme. The problem is there is 0 reason to team up or act good against others at the moment, hopefully they'll be able to implement some system that makes it a viable play style (while not undermining the PvP)
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    1º. He said he wasnt near the Safe Zone, but about 5 minutes or so running in the direction the guy was running, thats not "camping the safe zone"
    2º. While i agree that in a "supposed Zombie apocalipse" there would be some "good survivors", i assureyou that the number of thieves/assasins/etc,.would be bigger. Keep in mind that the majority of "resources" like ammo, food, water, medicines, etc,. would be "like gold", and very hard to find in good state, so yes, you would say hello, and maybe your chance to still be alive after that could be about the 25% or less.

Btw, from what a friend told me the game goes into Beta state in Nov. 30, and there will be some interesting changes, making the game more a "survival zombie" and not just a PK game with a few zombies... i hope he is right, because it sounds cool! :3
    Right now its not an mmo, its purely a survival game so something has to change to deserve the tag mmo. I guess I have more faith in humanity :P My little world will be pvp free

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in a rl zombie apocolypse there would be safe zones, and not ones you built yourself. You can build 'safezones' but they dont act as a safe place from pvp like in the actual safezones. the area around safezones should also be free from attack to stop plonkers like the guy above camping outside.
    LOL what? Dray were you drunk when you wrote this? In a RL apocalypse the only safe zones would be the ones people built. And the only way that safe zone is going to stay safe is if people keep it that way. So that brings me back to my point, you are given the ability to create a base. You are given the ability to team up with players to keep it safe. Why does there have to be a almighty "no pvp safe zone" when in all actuality there would be no such thing in an actual zombie apocalypse? Not to mention the type of crap that comes along with it like the guy who shot the dude and the 3 or so posters here telling him hes a douche for playing the game the way he wants. Which by the way, is supposed to be what these games are all about is it not? Otherwise, as Ive said, your now playing L4D.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:54 PM ----------

Right now its not an mmo, its purely a survival game so something has to change to deserve the tag mmo. I guess I have more faith in humanity :P My little world will be pvp free
    ???? MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online. WarZ fits this description does it not? Especially when they open up the servers to have 200+ ppl on them? You might be thinking of a MMORPG which in that case you are 100% correct.

If PvP isnt your bag, I think your playing the wrong game man. I think this season of Walking Dead is doing an excellent job trying to portray what ultimately is the inevitable in a Zombie Apoc. Fight the dead, fear the living!

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The PvP is supposed to be a part of the whole survival theme. The problem is there is 0 reason to team up or act good against others at the moment, hopefully they'll be able to implement some system that makes it a viable play style (while not undermining the PvP)
    Sounds like you just need to get a crew together and start your own "anti banditry" clan. Others will follow suite, others will try and kill you. But its a win/win for the experience in my opinion. There should not be an incentive to play one way or the other, it should all be up to the individual player.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-11-13 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Well, when you see a guy running around with some fancy looking gear and a assault rifle, I did not want to take the chance, I had some stuff myself I didn't wanna lose, so me and the two friends just took the shot. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL what? Dray were you drunk when you wrote this? In a RL apocalypse the only safe zones would be the ones people built. And the only way that safe zone is going to stay safe is if people keep it that way. So that brings me back to my point, you are given the ability to create a base. You are given the ability to team up with players to keep it safe. Why does there have to be a almighty "no pvp safe zone" when in all actuality there would be no such thing in an actual zombie apocalypse? Not to mention the type of crap that comes along with it like the guy who shot the dude and the 3 or so posters here telling him hes a douche for playing the game the way he wants. Which by the way, is supposed to be what these games are all about is it not? Otherwise, as Ive said, your now playing L4D.[COLOR="red"]
    Difference of opinion I guess nothing to do with alcohol, arguing over what would happen in a rl zombie apocolypse is a little pointless, I shouldnt have brought it up :P

???? MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online. WarZ fits this description does it not? Especially when they open up the servers to have 200+ ppl on them? You might be thinking of a MMORPG which in that case you are 100% correct.
    Right now I said, it needs more to make it feel like an mmo, 20 players on a massive map is not an mmo imo but like you said that will hopefully change. I still feel a lack of PvE Quests is frustrating, but the introduction of large players per server and clans etc will help.

If PvP isnt your bag, I think your playing the wrong game man. I think this season of Walking Dead is doing an excellent job trying to portray what ultimately is the inevitable in a Zombie Apoc. Fight the dead, fear the living![COLOR="red"]
    No, I dont like PvP that much, not wPvP but like I said I will have my own PvE server so its not the wrong game at all. As to what would happen in a real apocolypse, well thats just subjective and I have no interest in arguing about that, we all have our own images of a zombie apoclypse, mine is clearly filled with unicorns and rainbows compared to yours :P

Sounds like you just need to get a crew together and start your own "anti banditry" clan. Others will follow suite, others will try and kill you. But its a win/win for the experience in my opinion. There should not be an incentive to play one way or the other, it should all be up to the individual player.
    Sounds like a good thing if there were rewards likebandit quests I guess, think I read it might exist, might be like when I played ultima online and we used to hunt reds in feluccia.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 06:46 AM ----------

Well, when you see a guy running around with some fancy looking gear and a assault rifle, I did not want to take the chance, I had some stuff myself I didn't wanna lose, so me and the two friends just took the shot. :>
    Aye apologies, I just got spawn camped and pked so much that its made me grumpy about it, the game is about survival, I just feel the kill on sight mentality aggravating, PvP is obviously a necessary part of the experience for a lot of people.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-11-14 at 06:49 AM.

I agree with you, but right now there's plenty of incentive to kill every player you see & no reason to team up.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-11-14 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    Thanks for the key Waaldo, I got to play for a little bit and get a feel for the game.

Some observations:
    I am too nice for this game. My first instinct is always to never shoot strangers until they shoot first, which of course means I'm dead a lot.
    The game looks best through a flashlight at night but only noobs use them because they are bullet magnets.
    Spawning with nothing means there is a sharp difficulty curve for those who recently died. Your only defense against zombies is running away which is surprisingly ineffective sometimes.
    Once you do manage to scrounge a melee weapon, zombies become no threat if you confront them one at a time.
    I'll spawn in the wilderness and have to walk 30-45 minutes to reach a town only to die without ever seeing my killer. Jokes on them though, they wasted a bullet. All I wasted was a lot of time...

Suggestions:
    Give players a means to confront zombies 1 on 1 after they have spawned or make melee weapons much more common.
    Increase zombie difficulty (greater numbers and smarter ai) so players are encouraged to work cooperatively.
    Create party option with a private party chat.
    When players are killed by a survivor let them know who killed them.
    Faster movement or vehicles to speed up travel.
    Remove the death timer, it is a pointless annoyance.
    If killed by a zombie give the player the option of playing as one, perhaps with special abilities like a call that attracts other zombies or something similar to the abilities that they have in Left4Dead.

Since this is a sandbox game, it seems to me you should be able to throw out the typical ai behaviors of enemies to create some unique gameplay with the zombies. Get rid of leashes, if I run away from a zombie and lose him let him wander in that new location. Let zombies communicate, congregate and wander around together. Wandering zombie hordes that the player needs to take special care to avoid would be an interesting hazard.
    I agree with most of these! Although right now you do see the name of whoever killed you and they said some/most maps will end up having vehicles. Though especially in this game I'd suggest playing with friends as much as possible. I'm normally with one or two and I love it.

Now that Black Ops 2 is out also hopefully some of the mindless PKing dies off.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Now that Black Ops 2 is out also hopefully some of the mindless PKing dies off.
    That'll never go away, especially for those players out there, like me, who mainly play the game to hunt other players. As long as I have a gun with at least one bullet it in and I see someone who has something I want, I'm gonna try to put that bullet in their head. But, I played it for a bit over the weekend and it's not my thing, so at least you'll have one less player to worry about killing you for your granola bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I agree with you, but right now there's plenty of incentive to kill every player you see & no reason to team up.
    Well in my opinion, and this is just my opinion, the incentive is strength in numbers. There is no incentive in DayZ, yet I am part of a clan and we do everything as a group simply because its much safer when you have people to watch your back. Plus these games really have a major social aspect to them and that is where a lot of the fun comes from. Its like hanging out with your buddies in a virtual Zombie Apoc world where things unexpectedly happen. I think that is where the community truly divides between games like DayZ/WarZ and games like CoD/BF. These games are not about fragging and highest kills, they are about longest days survived, best inventory, most fortified camps, best tactical strategies. Its extremely hard to achieve these things solo where as in other FPS games lone wolf trigger happy ranger can come out on top.