10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Eh, like I said, with our absolute lack of a draft and many issues still ongoing from the Davis era, anyone who thought playoffs was a thing this season was lying to themselves.

We won't be bottom of the pile, but we'll certainly not be anywhere noteworthy at season's end.

Ravens need to kick on from here, tbh the fact you let up so many points against us, when we're lacking a running option should be a concern for you.
    Oh, you don't need to tell me. lol

Our defense is the worst it's been in years. The D-line is terrible outside of Ngata and he's been quoted multiple times saying that his injuries are really hindering him. Williams and Smith are both pretty bad in the secondary and you saw today how much help Ed Reed is at this point. He's still a ballhawk but that's really all he's good for at this point. Thank God for Bernard Pollard.

Now, I get to look forward to 2 games against Pittsburgh in 3 weeks. Sigh ... seriously, who makes this schedule?? >.<
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, now that Mike Holmgren is out of a job and he mentioned wanting to coach again, maybe that would be where the Eagles look.

How is Eli Manning suddenly so terribly bad? From an 'elite' QB, I can see a down game here and there, but a down game should still include 150-200 yards passing and a TD drive or two. Eli has been horrible for 4 games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiShun View Post
    You beat the Eagles..
    Really? I had no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiShun View Post
    You beat the Eagles..
    Yeah, a division rival. Ain't nothin like getting into the playoffs as a terrible team because the rest of your division is just as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, a division rival. Ain't nothin like getting into the playoffs as a terrible team because the rest of your division is just as bad.
    I'm starting to seriously think the Giants are the trolls of the NFL.

I did some more reading on the Mike Holmgren stuff. Rumor is that if Jason Garret gets axed he wants to be the guy to replace him. Interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    How is Eli Manning suddenly so terribly bad? From an 'elite' QB, I can see a down game here and there, but a down game should still include 150-200 yards passing and a TD drive or two. Eli has been horrible for 4 games.
    There's a reason people always question the "elite" tag that Eli has gotten and don't mention him together with Brady, Rodgers, Brees and his brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eli is only a couple years removed from a 25 int season, he can be a little erratic

at least it isn't everybody complaining about his body language anymore

Why isn't the tie game all over the news? Isn't that a big deal? First time it's happened in 4 years. Guess that isn't anything special.

Well you'd be celebrating one of the worst games ever played, but it's still sort of exciting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Why isn't the tie game all over the news? Isn't that a big deal? First time it's happened in 4 years. Guess that isn't anything special.

Well you'd be celebrating one of the worst games ever played, but it's still sort of exciting.
    Or it could just be the fact that one team is the St. Louis Rams and nobody therefore cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Or it could just be the fact that one team is the St. Louis Rams and nobody therefore cares.
    Lmao, that's a good reason. If it was the Broncos or the Patriots then the media wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.

They still bring up payton manning every 5 seconds, even if the topic has nothing to do with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    not to mention the rams won that like two times. Just terrible mistakes from a young team.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 10:34 AM ----------

Norv Turners career went from a downward spiral to a freefall.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

10+ Year Old Account
    its a pity they had to waste a year sticking with him

San Diego assembled a ton of talent and never won anything, now all that talent is gone and they're acting like its still there

it seems like all you have to do is get to the conference championship the first year with your team and you have total job security no matter how bad you stink from then on

Rex Ryan did it the first two years so the Jets are stuck with him forever

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they are stuck with him at all. I think Rex's choices this year with especially the QB situation were abysmal and the record shows. They need to start Tebow, or bench him. This back and forth fuckery or what Rex likes to call wild cat is retarded. Its not working. Give up on it. When Tebow comes in its so painfully clear whats going to happen and honestly I'm disappointed in the Seahawks for not shutting him out when he was in. But they did limit him which I guess is the silver lining.

On the topic of the Seahawks, not sure how I feel. Our offensive line really struggled at first. The second half was a bit better, but god the choices Russell is making under pressure aren't rookie-esqe and much more like a veteran. There was this nasty shovel pass he made seconds before getting sacked by the entire defensive line to Marshawn Lynch in the 2nd half that I probably wont ever be able to find a clip of, but that was a great play and resulted in a big play.

Hes also getting a lot of synergy with the receivers now. I think Rice, Tate and Baldwin are really good for this offense because they allow Russell to throw these balls where the receivers have to make a play to get it and they do. Its much harder to turn over when you have WRs that can do that. Rice and Tate are both tied at like 6 TDs, sharing the 10th rank in the league. Lynch already at 1k rushing yards also shows how split down the middle the offense is. I'm liking the offense right now. I feel like when Pete was holding back everything it led to the predictable offense that defenses could pick apart.

Tough road schedule here, if we can split these games (losing the Dolphins game would be unacceptable in my books). NFC got even more interesting this week. Seahawks now have a shot at the NFC west now with what happened last night for the 49ers. The only time we have went 5-0 at home was in 2005.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    On the topic of the Seahawks, not sure how I feel. Our offensive line really struggled at first. The second half was a bit better, but god the choices Russell is making under pressure aren't rookie-esqe and much more like a veteran. There was this nasty shovel pass he made seconds before getting sacked by the entire defensive line to Marshawn Lynch in the 2nd half that I probably wont ever be able to find a clip of, but that was a great play
    I was endlessly, endlessly, entertained yesterday by the just straight up abuse of the Jets defense by Wilson with his option hand off. He was just toying with the DE in the second half. Want to cut down on the RB, oops I kept it and ran right around you for 15 yards. Want to play contain, oops I handed it to Lynch who just ran by you for 15 yards while I bootlegged out. It was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    its a pity they had to waste a year sticking with him

San Diego assembled a ton of talent and never won anything, now all that talent is gone and they're acting like its still there

it seems like all you have to do is get to the conference championship the first year with your team and you have total job security no matter how bad you stink from then on

Rex Ryan did it the first two years so the Jets are stuck with him forever
    Ryan still isn't the problem in New York. The problem sits upstairs in their GM chair and in the owner's box. The Jets are the most haplessly run franchise in the NFL. Its shocking to see a team in such a major market with such an absolute dearth of talent. Sparano was a horrible hire as an offensive coordinator for sure. Sanchez has been terrible, absolutely (not that Tebow would be better). Outside of that they have had a couple injuries to literally their only All Pro caliber players and now are just terrible. I think Ryan's only saving grace is that while it hasn't been great, the defense hasn't been completely awful for most of the year and has had major injuries. If he was an offensive guru I would certainly question his safety as the coach going forward.

As for San Diego, I continue to be surprised every day I wake up and Turner is still the coach. This has been a three year trend though. Five years ago the Bolts fired a coach after losing in the playoffs during a 13-3 season. Now they are on pace for their third season in a row of absolute horribleness having had zero post seasons success under Turner, and he is still employed. Its baffling. Is San Diego trying to pull a Seattle Supersonics on their fans? Tank so hard and be so frustratingly mediocre/awful that you drive away the fans and then move the team out from under them? That might seem like a joke, but San Diego has had declining attendance for five straight seasons and has moved from a middle of the road team in 2008 to one of the worst teams for attendance in the NFL this year by percentage.
    2008- 95.6%
    2009- 94.7
    2010- 91.9
    2011- 91.7
    2012- 86.5
    That is 4th worst by percentage this season (the Skins are just behind them but have 17,000 more people per game), 8th by true attendance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I was endlessly, endlessly, entertained yesterday by the just straight up abuse of the Jets defense by Wilson with his option hand off. He was just toying with the DE in the second half. Want to cut down on the RB, oops I kept it and ran right around you for 15 yards. Want to play contain, oops I handed it to Lynch who just ran by you for 15 yards while I bootlegged out. It was hilarious.
    Here it is, guess it was earlier than I thought.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...son-highlights @36 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Here it is, guess it was earlier than I thought.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...son-highlights @36 seconds.
    Ya that is a hell of a designed screen pass. I love Wilson. I thought he was the third best QB coming out of the draft and I still think that. The Jags were idiots for passing on him and continuing the Gabbert experience. The Browns and Dolphins were stupid to pass on him although Tannehill hasn't been a total train wreck for most of the year. There are another handful of teams with horrible QB situations that passed on him (Hi Jets!). And all because of his height. Ask the Fins how dismissing Brees because of his height and arm concerns has gone for them over the last couple years lol. Wilson is a smart guy who can read defenses, find throwing lanes, use his feet when appropriate, and just doesn't make stupid plays. I've been real impressed with how good he has been this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donovon McNabb is off the hook, apparently nobody knows the freaking overtime/tie rules. As far as it being a big deal, it's not THAT big a deal, it's just a statistical oddity that would show up on highlights, but not looked at more than "haha, look at all the idiots that don't know games can end in a tie".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Donovon McNabb is off the hook, apparently nobody knows the freaking overtime/tie rules. As far as it being a big deal, it's not THAT big a deal, it's just a statistical oddity that would show up on highlights, but not looked at more than "haha, look at all the idiots that don't know games can end in a tie".
    Ya I laughed when a couple guys said that again this time. I greatly enjoyed that it also killed the "dumb black player" stereotype some people tried to tag on McNabb since Danny Amendola, a white guy, said the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap the Chiefs are leading a game.