Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    just filled it in

/post limit
    I used to have a signature, then a mod removed it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Gief some results, please :-)

Remember, according to Blue, "The percentage of players that has over 50k gold is incredibly small." --> http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-be-increased/
    It is small.

But people who take part in this survey are not the average players at all.

Most of the people who bought wow did not even leveled to max level. Just 10% does normal raids, 15% lfr. No wonder that "The percentage of players that has over 50k gold is incredibly small."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    It is small.

But people who take part in this survey are not the average players at all.

Most of the people who bought wow did not even leveled to max level. Just 10% does normal raids, 15% lfr. No wonder that "The percentage of players that has over 50k gold is incredibly small."
    Well.. Raiding is certainly NOT a way of inreasig your wealth.. In order to afford raiding (enchants, gems, reforge, flasks and food, not to mention repairs) you need a pretty stable income.. 1-2k gold, per week, is bare minimum..
    Forthat amount of gold, non-raiders could easily become "those with wealth"...

you couldn't have asked this last week before i bought a super yak and 4 panthers?

Filled out the survey. Curious about the results

Deleted
    Completed

10+ Year Old Account

Remember, according to Blue, "The percentage of players that has over 50k gold is incredibly small." --> http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-be-increased/
    Yes I've read that before, and it makes me kind of curious, I mean does he mean the number of *characters* with over 50k gold is incredibly small? Unfortunately one of the glaring issues of this survey is that it has no chance of reaching the super casual players that don't visit any of the sites the survey has been posted too

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Fair enough, but from my perspective I tend keep around about the same liquid and then always be using and/or storing the rest, hence my response is basically the same as it was in Cata, which is going to hurt accuracy in terms of tracking inflation and so on. I probably increased my wealth 5 fold in Cata, but that's not really reflect in my answer compared to last time and so on.
    Yea it's an inherent weakness in the survey, but given the choice between this and trying to get players to get their worth it's gonna be this every time

Deleted
    Would've loved a, how much money did you have before the expansion vs. a month into the expansion, I havn't made any gold since may and june was sitting at 700k when expansion rolled out, down to 450k now.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Would've loved a, how much money did you have before the expansion vs. a month into the expansion, I havn't made any gold since may and june was sitting at 700k when expansion rolled out, down to 450k now.
    That introduces problems with memory recollection and really doesn't do a whole lot for the scope of this survey. Much better to simply ask for something they can double check real quick than trying to recall how much they had x time ago

You may have wanted to define some of the terms in the final question as well. For instance, the buying gold question: Blizz doesn't have any issues with trading gold for game time, however gold for real life currency they do. So clearly if they consider there a difference, perhaps your survey should too.

Interesting, can't wait to see the results

Deleted
    Nice survey, looking forward to seeing the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who haven't completed the survey yet you have until midnight Saturday night (eastern) to fill it out! It'll only take a minute or two, just 5 super easy questions.

And I'd like to thank everyone who's completed it so far! Look forward to the report early next week

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Participated and look forward to the results.
    me too
    /10 characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Took it. cant wait for results

10+ Year Old Account
    The World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012 has now concluded and the report has been published!

Report: World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to fill out the survey, this project would not be possible without help from the World of Warcraft community!

Here's the tl;dr version:
    • Average player gold was 302,593
    • Median player gold was 80,000
    • 81.63% of players survey reported bloew average gold levels
    • "The 99%" owns 74.18% of the gold

It's quite interesting noting that the people filling out the survey has so much gold when Blizzard has stated several times that it's a miniscule amount of players that have more than 50k. It's pretty telling which players actually visit fansites and participate in the community.

I have to say that I have currently 400 gold on all chars together ( not 400k, 400 ), with one more or less fresh lvl90 and one ongoing twink lvl 26, soon to be 90, too.

I never understood how people make gold in this game. I suck at it even though I play WoW for 8 years now.

I guess if you sum up all the gold I made since vanilla, I would be way under 500k gold... which some people make every week.

Play the AH my ass... You cant tell me that I have to buy one gem, refine it, sell it, buy two gems, refine them, sell them, buy four gems etc...
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-11-12 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's quite interesting noting that the people filling out the survey has so much gold when Blizzard has stated several times that it's a miniscule amount of players that have more than 50k. It's pretty telling which players actually visit fansites and participate in the community.
    Agreed, it's a pity we'll never get solid numbers from Blizzard on this, or even a blue's input on the survey results haha

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    participated. I have to say that I have currently 400 gold on all chars together ( not 400k, 400 ), with one more or less fresh lvl90 and one ongoing twink lvl 26, soon to be 90, too.

I never understood how people make gold in this game. I suck at it even though I play WoW for 8 years now.

I guess if you sum up all the gold I made since vanilla, I would be way under 500k gold... which some people make every week.

Play the AH my ass... You cant tell me that I have to buy one gem, refine it, sell it, buy two gems, refine them, sell them, buy four gems etc...
    Some of us make gold just for the hell of it, like you might for raiding or PvP. When you do it as often as we do, you get very good at it There's lots of resources available to help you make gold if you are interested, just gotta go out and look for them.