Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

I remember the final boss from Star Ocean 2 being ridiculously rage inducing on anything but Easy(and even on Easy he was leagues harder than anything else in the game, just an enormous jump in difficulty). I forget his name(repression, no doubt).

Maybe it was my build but I took quite awhile to learn/defeat False King Allant in Demon Souls. It required perfect execution avoiding his mechanics, getting caught in his 3hit was instant death, his aoe was instant death, and his charge lead to getting hit by something else(so, instant death). Very frustrating learning experience.

One of the caveats of discussion like this is bosses that can be 'overleveled' or become significantly easier with knowledge from outside sources. I try to think of boss difficulty from the sense that you get to the boss at a 'proper' level and with minimal or no knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redd View Post
    I remember the final boss from Star Ocean 2 being ridiculously rage inducing on anything but Easy(and even on Easy he was leagues harder than anything else in the game, just an enormous jump in difficulty). I forget his name(repression, no doubt).

Maybe it was my build but I took quite awhile to learn/defeat False King Allant in Demon Souls. It required perfect execution avoiding his mechanics, getting caught in his 3hit was instant death, his aoe was instant death, and his charge lead to getting hit by something else(so, instant death). Very frustrating learning experience.

One of the caveats of discussion like this is bosses that can be 'overleveled' or become significantly easier with knowledge from outside sources. I try to think of boss difficulty from the sense that you get to the boss at a 'proper' level and with minimal or no knowledge.
    Limitless Indalecio, Gabriel in the japanese and psp versions.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr.Wiley Megaman 2 was the hardest for me. I was like 9yrs old and it took every last ounce of concentration lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    He was definitely the first roadblock in that game on Titan. Been stuck there for ages, but it makes smashing his face between those doors all the more satisfying. Weirdly enough I passed the part of the translator in one go. Cerberus breeding room was frustrating as well.
    That said he is nowhere near as tough as Ares in GoW1 on well any mode except for easy perhaps. Normal is already a nightmare and I couldn't even be bothered to fight him after I played through the game on hard. Don't even want to think about how impossible he would be on Very Hard, this coming from someone who completed GoW2 on very hard.

As for other games:
    - the original rayman games (the one that also game out on the GBA),
    - Rayman 2,
    - Prince of Persia 1 & 2 (the side scrolling ones)
    - Supaplex
    - No One Lives Forever, sucked on super spy when you couldn't sneak anymore (Damn it make part 3 Monolith xD)
    - Heroes of Might and Magic 3 ,4 & 5 (wouldn't now about 1,2 & 6)
    - Crimson Skies (at least the stunt course, and the rest of the game is just impossible if you didn't have something like a joystick)
    - Chaos Engine on later levels
    I never really had issues with Ares. Which phase did you find to be hard? The clone phase was the hardest, but I got it after a few hours.

To be fair, I did artificially increase the difficulty of Theseus with my own ignorance. I didn't realize that Rage of the Titans applied to Typhon's Bane, so it took me like 8 phases of minotaurs before I got him.

The final boss of Kingdom Hearts was the hardest fight I've ever done. There are so many phases to learn and perfect, and you have to start over each time! AHH! Ansem, the devil himself. By comparison, the end boss of KH2 was the biggest joke of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yunalesca was harder, because no matter how much you farmed sphere levels, her combo that basically killed you as a zombie was hard to avoid even if you knew it was coming.
    Nah, just get her low in phase 2, apply haste/shell/protect, let her zombie everyone, then nuke with your strongest attacks.

Technically, if I really really wanted to, I could also get Yuna some deathproof armor by that point and one shot phase 3 Yunalesca with Bahamut or Yojimbo, but it's an obscene amount of grinding.

Kangaxx the Demilich from Baldur's Gate 2, without cheesing him with protection from abjuration, or protection scrolls, nearly impossible. I actually beat Psycho Mantis once without changing controller, i think i used just fists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Kangaxx the Demilich from Baldur's Gate 2, without cheesing him with protection from abjuration, or protection scrolls, nearly impossible.
    Does clicking the Slayer button, parking everyone else by the entrance and afking for 5 minutes count or? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The final boss of Kingdom Hearts was the hardest fight I've ever done. There are so many phases to learn and perfect, and you have to start over each time! AHH! Ansem, the devil himself. By comparison, the end boss of KH2 was the biggest joke of all time.

Not sure if serious, at least if you said sephiroth I'd take you seriously.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mission 19 devil may cry 4 hell or hell mode

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The final boss of Kingdom Hearts was the hardest fight I've ever done. There are so many phases to learn and perfect, and you have to start over each time! AHH! Ansem, the devil himself.

I never actually managed to beat Ansem.

And I didn't actually ever beat President Drek in the very first, classic Ratchet and Clank.

Then again, I was a little kid at the time. Tbh I was actually afraid of Ansem, now that I think of it.

EDIT: PS2 nostalgia, I still have it, in my parents' house, in working order that is! I think I want to fire up my perfectly physical PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Mission 19 devil may cry 4 hell or hell mode
    DMD's a lot harder. Sure, Hell and Hell mode is a one shot, while DMD mode is more like a 3 shot. But Hell and Hell mode enemies have normal mode health and phases. Take Berial for example. On normal, I have a one shot combo for him. Start off with max exceed gauges, run right up to him, jump, start swinging/max acting, when he swings the first time avoid it with the invincibility frames from DT, one more combo stuns him. From there, start holding down the charge shot button and buster his face. After the first buster walk forward about 2 steps and hit him with showdown. Then complete the buster. As soon as buster ends fire off a charge shot 3 and end it with a maximum bet. He may have a sliver of health left depending on how well you executed max act before the stun. If so, another charge shot 3 or maximum bet if you have any DT left will finish the job. And there you have like a 12-15 second Berial kill.

On DMD however, you can almost forget about stunning him. His stun threshold is a little ridiculous, and you have to do something like 8 combos just to get a half second stun, which you will miss the buster on unless you're ready for it and already in the air. Then it becomes like a 5 minute poke battle with you running for your life and trying to spam charge shot 3 hoping you don't get caught out of position by his pillar of flame or explosion attack. And when you get him under 20%, he DTs, which makes him even harder to hurt, and it increases his damage enough that most moves are down to a 2 shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Nah, just get her low in phase 2, apply haste/shell/protect, let her zombie everyone, then nuke with your strongest attacks.

Technically, if I really really wanted to, I could also get Yuna some deathproof armor by that point and one shot phase 3 Yunalesca with Bahamut or Yojimbo, but it's an obscene amount of grinding.
    Now that I think about it, one of Seymour's earlier forms was harder. I think the one on Mount Gagazet was the hardest. Once you get inside Sin, you had time to farm whatever you want, so his last form was typically a joke.

Of course, if we want to call them "bosses", the creatures from the Monster Arena beat all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Now that I think about it, one of Seymour's earlier forms was harder. I think the one on Mount Gagazet was the hardest. Once you get inside Sin, you had time to farm whatever you want, so his last form was typically a joke.

Of course, if we want to call them "bosses", the creatures from the Monster Arena beat all of them.
    Monster Arena was fun. The only one of those that really made me think outside the box though was the Neslug. A combination of immunity to physical attacks and ridiculously high regeneration proved to be quite the obstacle. Then I realized blitz ace was untyped damage, and with entrust it could be used 3 times in a row, which was enough to put him down. Nemesis was far too easy and simple. It's literally just apply hastega, spam quick hit and tank with aeons. If you have enough stats you win, if you don't you get shit on. I beat him easily the first time I tried him.

I've always wanted to try Penance, but I don't own the international version, so no super ultimate mega boss for me.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright you wanna a see hard boss I struggled within my childhood for like 12 hours or something stupid? Okay here you go this boss right here /wrist

Yeah have fun

Oh and uh Dark souls these two - Ornstein and Smough

Mainly the spear guy the fat guy is a joke, The spear guy is just plain ridiculous

Absolute Virtue in Final Fantasy XI:

There’s a raid in Final Fantasy XI that is intended to take 18 hours to defeat. It’s called Absolute Virtue. This is, at best, a very ill-informed design flaw, but I believe it to actually cross the line into being truly unethical and outright dangerous. If that wasn’t enough, there is also a more difficult raid involving the Pandemonium Warden that takes even longer.

I’m not making this up. Final Fantasy XI Global Online Producer/Lead Game Master Sage Sundi says that the Absolute Virtue battle takes ~18 hours.

A linkshell (the FFXI equivalent of guilds) called Beyond the Limitation has defeated Absolute Virtue, and they’ve tried to take on the Pandemonium Warden. But, in the latter case, they had to quit after 18 hours of non-stop battling because their members were literally becoming physically ill. That’s right, they were passing out and vomiting because of a terrible design decision.
    Never beat it with my Linkshell - we tried 5 times and on our best attempt gave up after 6 hours.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2012-11-12 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls, and off the top of my head.
    I personaly find the false king on Demons Souls harder, and also the 2 Maneaters on NG ++ that crap was brutal. I dont know why but I never quite had any troble on Orstein and Smough and the first time I killed them I did it on the suposed harder way cause I wanted the little ones armor.

Is Artorias of the abyss avaliable for dowload on PS3 already, I had forgot about that addon, time ot go play som Dark Souls if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    there was a game called MDK2(dont remember what it stood for) and at some point you had to snipe some small shits from miles away while running constantly and with stuff being thrown at you. dunno if it was the "boss" or the system that caused the problems, but hard either way.
    MDK = Murder Death Kill