Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I went demo a few weeks ago for pvp and never looked back. Never have I had more fun playing pvp on any toon, let alone my lock...lots of control, lots of survivability....The value of Demonic Leap can not be understated imo...basically a (albeit cc'able) blink/Heroic Leap/Rocket Jump...most of the time in arenas I'll just be peeling for my healer and playing defensive, all of the sudden my imps, dots, and wrathguard have worked sombody to about 70%, axe throw, pop ds and meta = it's over! Lots of fun with demo right now, hope it continues

I am a long-time affliction player, and I have always loved it far beyond anything else, but I have seen the potential of Demo, and have given it a try (just BG's so far, not into arenas yet).

Do you guys find yourselves fury starved constantly? I find it really hard to build any fury so far. Keeping corruption and shadowfury on as many enemies as possible, spammin fel flame mostly, and hellfire if I can to build fury. Any advice? I am having a hard time finding guides (Gnomemind's on official forums is best resource so far).

A couple other questions (I tried looking these things up but had no luck):
    -How to use felstorm. Does it generate extra fury? Should I be using it for single-target? Does Mannoroth's Fury increase its radius?
    -To burst, I have been popping cd's (pvp trinket, DS, imp swarm, etc) activating Meta, double Chaos Wave, then mashing Touch of Chaos. Anything else I could work in? I have not been throwing out doom during this, but I probably have it up already as long as it cant be easily cleansed.
    -I have heard lots of demo's strengths, but what are the weaknesses. I would imagine anything that can cleave hard (boomkin, dk, warrior for example) would shred your pet without even trying.

Any other feedback would be great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    I am a long-time affliction player, and I have always loved it far beyond anything else, but I have seen the potential of Demo, and have given it a try (just BG's so far, not into arenas yet).

Do you guys find yourselves fury starved constantly? I find it really hard to build any fury so far. Keeping corruption and shadowfury on as many enemies as possible, spammin fel flame mostly, and hellfire if I can to build fury. Any advice? I am having a hard time finding guides (Gnomemind's on official forums is best resource so far).

A couple other questions (I tried looking these things up but had no luck):
    -How to use felstorm. Does it generate extra fury? Should I be using it for single-target? Does Mannoroth's Fury increase its radius?
    -To burst, I have been popping cd's (pvp trinket, DS, imp swarm, etc) activating Meta, double Chaos Wave, then mashing Touch of Chaos. Anything else I could work in? I have not been throwing out doom during this, but I probably have it up already as long as it cant be easily cleansed.
    -I have heard lots of demo's strengths, but what are the weaknesses. I would imagine anything that can cleave hard (boomkin, dk, warrior for example) would shred your pet without even trying.

Any other feedback would be great. Thanks!
    Felstorm doesnt bring you fury, it is just an aoe nuker. You shouldnt on single target as it does less damage and reduces your fury gain. No for MF.
    Check my post (#2) for your 2nd question
    Except for pet deaths, your weakness is nothing but yourself. It can be counted as: Popping DS on a vulnerable moment for offensive dispels, bad fury management, not using your knockbacks on time, silly fear usage. Basicly the spec has anything you can ask for. Not vulnerable to interrupts, high mobility, high aoe-single target pressure. Everything lies on high ramp up, which you should solve with your affliction experiences (Spreading dots and fears)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's slightly off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for a simple PvP trinket question, when this thread would suffice:

Would it be more beneficial use the Relic of Yu'lon trinket over a PvP Power trinket like the Insignia of Dominance, or would the PvP one be better for Demo.

Someone was wondering why I use Sacrificial Pact with Supremacy and Demon Training glyph, it's because with Supremacy and Demon Training, my WG has about 230k HP in current gear. That's a 230k shield every minute, usable while stunned. It's so so so good for survivability, as you're usually dying while stunned.

I don't like Dark Apotheosis simply because it drains your Fury back down to 200 when you shift out of it. If it didn't do that, I'd use it. As it is, it screws your damage over way too much. If I had problems with dying from being sat on a lot I might swap to it. Shrug.

If you guys have more specific questions about Demo PvP, I'd be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually wondering about the T2 talent choices. Currently Death Coil is the only talent that doesn't share a DR with another CC as Demo but it doesn't feel as effective as the other two. Would you say Shadowfury is even needed as Demo seeing how we don't really need the gap opener?

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    I was actually wondering about the T2 talent choices. Currently Death Coil is the only talent that doesn't share a DR with another CC as Demo but it doesn't feel as effective as the other two. Would you say Shadowfury is even needed as Demo seeing how we don't really need the gap opener?
    With FG/WG, you're self DRing ShadowFury oftenish. Add in a partner with a useful stun (mage/warr/pally/etc), and it does further down the DR list.

Howl is pretty underrated honestly. Considering BF nets a 10sec CD, just having the second insta full duration CC option is nice. And since it reduces CD when you;re hit, it can be up more often than you'd think if you get trained. And BF healer -> double Howl DPS is always very nice. I'm a fan.

I think T2 just comes down to Howl being so damn powerful, with dispel on a cooldown. If you hit 2+ people, it's guaranteed that someone will either sit it or trinket (unless Tremor totem happens, obviously).

Nadagast, loved the footage from the Arenajunkies King of the Kill tournament. Watching your play basically answered all my questions about general playstyle.

Good luck next week, i'll be watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadagast View Post
    Someone was wondering why I use Sacrificial Pact with Supremacy and Demon Training glyph, it's because with Supremacy and Demon Training, my WG has about 230k HP in current gear. That's a 230k shield every minute, usable while stunned. It's so so so good for survivability, as you're usually dying while stunned.

I don't like Dark Apotheosis simply because it drains your Fury back down to 200 when you shift out of it. If it didn't do that, I'd use it. As it is, it screws your damage over way too much. If I had problems with dying from being sat on a lot I might swap to it. Shrug.

If you guys have more specific questions about Demo PvP, I'd be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.
    'prime meridian brewwws!'

i have nothing useful to contribute. good to see more of you R1's posting on mmo though.

Felguard whirlwind : Is it any good at single target burst ?
    Also, seeing you're trying it on stream, opinions on Sac vs Supremacy ?
    Last edited by Gangresnake; 2012-11-14 at 04:49 AM.

Dont wanna make a new thread for this question but, Any1 could link a reliably good pvp demo spec, talent for me? Im having trouble figuring all of that.
    And maybe tell me too which stat to prioritize? like mastery or haste?

thx

I see the use of SacPact + GoSup, but I run DB + GoServ and me and a boomkin got up to 1900, but we dropped from stupid comps. (I am playing demo in this comp and with a 3s team). To me, GoSup/SacPact is nice. I just don't see why it's better than having Teleport/Healthstone/Imp Swarm glyph wise and talent wise. GoServ gives two stuns and two silences which to me is a pretty big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    Dont wanna make a new thread for this question but, Any1 could link a reliably good pvp demo spec, talent for me? Im having trouble figuring all of that.
    And maybe tell me too which stat to prioritize? like mastery or haste?

thx
    Random BG spec:
    Dark Regen
    Coil
    Sac Pact
    Unbound Will or Blood Fear or Burning Rush if you want to FC with Dark Apoth
    Supremacy
    Mannoroth's Fury

Rated BG spec
    Dark Regen
    Howl
    Dark Bargain
    UW or BF
    Supremacy
    MF

Arena Spec
    Dark Regen
    Howl or Coil, more often Howl in 3s and Coil in 2s but it depends.
    Sac Pact or Dark Bargain
    Blood Fear
    Situational. Supremacy default and is best when you don't have another Mortal Strike effect on your team (warr or rogue). Service gives you the highest burst with a pet because of double Bladestorm, but you lose the 25% MS (down to 10%) and you have to be careful with stun DR. Sacrifice is actually decent in 2s with a healer, I was playing it yesterday against teams also with a healer and liked it a lot as it gives all your single-target spells 30% more damage. I was playing with a Shaman so we would just Capacitor Totem stun a target into a Coil into a Sacrificed's Spell Lock silence and that would easily get a kill.
    MF

Stats to go for are Int > PvP Power > Mastery > Crit > Haste

10+ Year Old Account

I love dark apotheosis it's probably the single biggest survivability CD I can Imagine getting from just a glyph slot and it would be OP if it didn't reset fury.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Deleted
    new 5.1 change:
    Aura of the Elements and Aura of Enfeeblement can now be dispelled as Magic effects.

atleast demon soul can no longer be dispelt/stolen.

Absolutely retarded change to the auras, because I bet anything a fucking mage will now be able to spellsteal them.

yeah what a stupid change, might as well remove the cost of fury for using the aura then.

Uhm, the change on Curse Auras is even worse than you people are realizing... It's not just Mages will be able to spell steal it or shamans/priests will purge it, but every single healer will be able to dispell the debuff on themselves and their parteners (at least that's what both tooltips states, both on you and on enemy targets, it says "magic") ... so basically the auras will be a complete waste in 5.1....

I'm really baffled atm... LOLZ....

1-With dark bargain being usable while stunned in 5.1 do you think it will be better then sac pact in 5.1 and why/why not?

2-Any demo specific macro's,add ons,etc that could help "smooth" out pvp gameplay for newer "and older " locks

3-What is a good CC chain that you pull off as demo? I have a few of my own but I wanted to know what is comfortable and easy to pull off for you on a somewhat regular basis to lock down your opponents.