Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You missed the part where they said they'll always keep legendaries at BiS, just bump them up whenever they need to.

But that blog post, hoo boy. So we have accelerated gearstats (at the cost of runes, oh noes whatever will I do), gated content that's requiring someone get the best gear possible to push deeper in, and "more to come".... I gave up raiding, so I could... raid? I dun get it.

It's nice to know that you know, the manifesto meant so much to them.
    But I don't need to grind gear to do what i want.... i only need to grind gear to get further in that dungeon, which i don't have time nor intention to do... so yeah... manifesto still stands, and from the blog post it sounds like Ascended and Legendary were planned to be there but were just going to be added later, as long as these 2 are the only ones to be put in then w/e i'm cool with that, but if we get more... we'll have issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Agony. (The mechanic) Wow.

It's like they got in a time machine, went back to 2006 and said, "Oh, this whole thing where you have to farm resist sets to do the content looks like a GREAT idea!!"
    My fucking thoughts exactly.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Not liking this approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    But I don't need to grind gear to do what i want.... i only need to grind gear to get further in that dungeon, which i don't have time nor intention to do... so yeah... manifesto still stands, and from the blog post it sounds like Ascended and Legendary were planned to be there but were just going to be added later, as long as these 2 are the only ones to be put in then w/e i'm cool with that, but if we get more... we'll have issues...
    Uhh, no? They said Legendaries are always meant to be on par with best in slot, not better than. As in, they bumped up Best in Slot because Ascendant > Exotic, but Legendary = Exotic was there from the get go. It's not supposed to be a stat or damage increase to get one.

Durz, missing the point like you do best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, no? They said Legendaries are always meant to be on par with best in slot, not better than. As in, they bumped up Best in Slot because Ascendant > Exotic, but Legendary = Exotic was there from the get go. It's not supposed to be a stat or damage increase to get one.

Durz, missing the point like you do best.
    yes kel i know, i was saying if they add anything OTHER THEN ASCENDED AND LEGENDARY i'll be pissed, as in full sets, we only have legendary weapons where they said we'll have other legendaries... i like how you're being overdramatic about this... kinda like the forums...

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Agony. (The mechanic) Wow.

It's like they got in a time machine, went back to 2006 and said, "Oh, this whole thing where you have to farm resist sets to do the content looks like a GREAT idea!!"
    I actually liked that mechanic.... mostly because after i was fully decked out i completely destroyed the mursaat... every... last.... one
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

yes kel i know, i was saying if they add anything OTHER THEN ASCENDED AND LEGENDARY i'll be pissed, as in full sets, we only have legendary weapons where they said we'll have other legendaries... i like how you're being overdramatic about this... kinda like the forums...
    What's the difference between Exotic -> Ascended, and then Ascended - > Majestic/Mystic/Whatever?

As long as "OMG LEGENDARY" offers the same stats as top of the line (which it will) it serves the same purpose. Why is this okay, now, in this dungeon/raid thing, but not okay elsewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference between Exotic -> Ascended, and then Ascended - > Majestic/Mystic/Whatever?

As long as "OMG LEGENDARY" offers the same stats as top of the line (which it will) it serves the same purpose. Why is this okay, now, in this dungeon/raid thing, but not okay elsewhere?
    Because they're saying Ascended was always planned to be there, i'll believe them -this- time but if they try to add another rank, no more... not to mention that its a wopping 2 fucking stat increase (oh no that'll be gamebreaking!!) and the whole fact that if they had added it at launch no one would even care, there would be no butt hurt storm, period. But OH GOD!!! they save 1 rank of gear to add in later!! God help us all!! They broke the manifesto now they're going to have a new tier every month!! Oh no the worlds coming to an end!!

Jesus christ, chill the fuck out, calm your tits and wait before you freak.

Calming down needs to happen all around, especially when things start to get a bit out of hand. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-13 at 05:31 AM.

Hehe. Read the blog.

I am never wrong. Feels good.

So the gear creep begins (no, not talking about the infusions)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hehe. Read the blog.

I am never wrong. Feels good.
    Fencers i'm pretty sure you're either A) a wizard or B) work at Anet secretly and are slowly planting seeds of info you know we all want but are being super sneaky about how you go about doing so...

I really do enjoy a good part of the game so I won't stop playing but I don't like this deviation that ANet seems to be heading toward. I feel like they are catering to the crowd that doesn't particularly like the game.

"Why are they even calling it Guild Wars 2 at this point?" -- Fencer's sister, current Guild Wars 1 player

Should say though I am pretty vocal about the issue, I am not too worried personally. Mostly because I honestly hate the style of dungeons in Guild Wars 2. At the moment it doesn't seem like a zone wanderer such as myself is too put out by this yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why are they even calling it Guild Wars 2 at this point?" -- Fencer's sister, current Guild Wars 1 player

Should say though I am pretty vocal about the issue, I am not too worried personally. Mostly because I honestly hate the style of dungeons in Guild Wars 2. At the moment it doesn't seem like a zone wanderer such as myself is too put out by this yet.
    But fencers... without those 2 additional points of stats how are we EVER going to roam endlessly outside of dungeons? I mean, cmon without them we're just subpar and incapable of doing what we want!! /endsarcasam

I personally see now issue with it... the dungeons i enjoy the most so far are still do able with no change, the activities i enjoy most are still doable (roaming endlessly through zones), i can PvP without even a single change (other then any balance stuff), i really don't see a problem with this... at all...

But fencers... without those 2 additional points of stats how are we EVER going to roam endlessly outside of dungeons? I mean, cmon without them we're just subpar and incapable of doing what we want!! /endsarcasam

I personally see now issue with it... the dungeons i enjoy the most so far are still do able with no change, the activities i enjoy most are still doable (roaming endlessly through zones), i can PvP without even a single change (other then any balance stuff), i really don't see a problem with this... at all...
    Blog specifically says Anet are planning continued item progression.

That is as of this time, a fact.

Degree and extent of this item progression is the only bit we don't know yet. However, it is 100% fact [at this time] Arena.net are adding linear progressive gear to the Guild Wars franchise in an expressly bimodal endgame.

Even if the stat difference was +0.01, it would make not change the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blog specifically says Anet are planning continued item progression.

That is as of this time, a fact.

Degree and extent of this item progression is the only bit we don't know yet. However, it is 100% fact [at this time] Arena.net are adding linear progressive gear to the Guild Wars franchise in an expressly bimodal endgame.

Even if the stat difference was +0.01, it would make not change the facts.
    Meh, as long as i can continue doing my favored activities without needing to get armor from dungeons and w/e i don't really mind, but when i start needing to grind dungeons so i can explore random zones, we're going to have some fucking problems Anet!!

Deleted
    uh sorry but i hoped this game will be different... also i have still fun in this game... but if they start this gear tier stuff im out :/

Damn I really hope that this is just a misunderstanding. This Ascendant type armor should just be a cosmetic thing not a stat increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    Damn I really hope that this is just a misunderstanding. This Ascendant type armor should just be a cosmetic thing not a stat increase.
    Not a misunderstanding.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ascended-gear/

Officially bringing in gear progression to the game.

Well not that I was playing Guild Wars 2 a lot the last month, but fuck you ArenaNET. Doesn't this go against what you said? You're now catering to the crowd that cries for gear progression?

inb4 holy trinity is added
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-11-13 at 06:48 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

I'd be sad about adding in progression if I was actually doing dungeons. That being said, I'd like to see what grind there will be for getting this gear before jumping off a cliff.

Here's an example with the difference between Ascended gear and Exotic gear. Not much of a difference at all...

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2012-11-13 at 07:40 AM.