Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Not returning to wow till player models updated at the very least !

and wow goes free 2 play

you might as well add:

1. New character models and animations
    2. New moonkin model that wasn't an absolute barf like the ToL model in Cata
    3. Minor races playable: like mag'har orcs, dark iron dwarves, high elves, darkfallen, Taunka, Forest trolls etc
    4. 4 factions or a change in the faction system: imagine if it went back to Night elves, Alliance, Horde and Forsaken
    5. Serious lore progression on old zones in-between expansion: we've all levelled, rather than sit in a tiny section of the game for 2 years, like happened in TBC, WotLK and MoP - why not phase a couple of old zones every patch updating the lore and telling some more of the story - the phase would be at max level - and tells how the races involved in that area are doing, reacting to new developments and what happened after the levelling curve - since we wait so long.

I think i will definitely play again if all 5 were done. Saying that: Many people think wow is extremely dated and old and if you were to start playing again, really you need to look no further than either Guild Wars 2 if you want a period setting with swords and dragons or SWTOR - if you want sci-fi with lasers and battleships - both games are much fresher, lot of neat things going on and are free to play mostly. Should I really forgot about wow? and bury it in the past never to surface again?

Howz MoP going for you guys? Hooked? - i must admit the above are some other interesting changes that if implemented would be very tempting to subscribe to again, but never to worship this game, never to be an idol of mine again.
    Last edited by Mace; 2012-11-13 at 01:42 PM.

Well your second wish is already granted with astral form, and Blizzard probably plans to work on and release new models at times when there is danger of bleeding costumers like yourself.

Deleted
    okay
    zzzz

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do the models bother you so much? True gamers prefer a good game over graphics, and WoWs aren't that bad actually, They are abit lego like sure, But the list you have here, and also the models issue, makes it seems like you're trying to create an impossible checklist for yourself to stop yourself from playing again,

I quite enjoy the game,Lots to do right now, and unlike some numptys i don't feel "lolforced" into dailys and am checking off my to do list one at a time, no point rushing, hating it, then crying about nothing to do the graphics are of no issue to me as i also love playing my N64, cool graphics are ofcourse always nice to have, but i think they are in no way a need.

If you're curious, try a newer race, the only reason you should see the bad graphics you so hate, is if you zoom in on people, don't do that, and things will be alot better

Well, won't be seeing him for a while then...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play a game just because of its graphics, there is something wrong in the kingdom of Danemark.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

well that was hell of an edit to your first post

if model updates are what makes or breaks a game for you, i feel sorry for your girlfriend.

enjoy whatever else it is that you are playing and please, post more random topics in an attempt to assuage yourself from playing again.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Why do the models bother you so much? True gamers prefer a good game over graphics, and WoWs aren't that bad actually, They are abit lego like sure, But the list you have here, and also the models issue, makes it seems like you're trying to create an impossible checklist for yourself to stop yourself from playing again,

I quite enjoy the game,Lots to do right now, and unlike some numptys i don't feel "lolforced" into dailys and am checking off my to do list one at a time, no point rushing, hating it, then crying about nothing to do the graphics are of no issue to me as i also love playing my N64, cool graphics are ofcourse always nice to have, but i think they are in no way a need.

If you're curious, try a newer race, the only reason you should see the bad graphics you so hate, is if you zoom in on people, don't do that, and things will be alot better
    nah, newer race, i'll still have to look at the other 10 races and cringe. I should add bad lore as the 6th reason, altho my friend tells me MoP is a lore more cinematic and lore compelling. .. but then i'd want the entire game to be rebuilt that way.. but may settle for all future content to be properly explained.

funnily enough i can cope with wow graphics, it's character models taht are really off putting. and i just can't return with my fave races looking so bad. - mainly humans, elves, draenei and orcs - also dwarves love dwarves.. you seen the hobbit previews?
    Last edited by Mace; 2012-11-13 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Should I really forgot about wow? and bury it in the past never to surface again?
    I can give you this advice:

you might as well add:

1. New character models and animations
    2. New moonkin model that wasn't an absolute barf like the ToL model in Cata
    3. Minor races playable: like mag'har orcs, dark iron dwarves, high elves, darkfallen, Taunka, Forest trolls etc
    4. 4 factions or a change in the faction system: imagine if it went back to Night elves, Alliance, Horde and Forsaken
    5. Serious lore progression on old zones in-between expansion: we've all levelled, rather than sit in a tiny section of the game for 2 years, like happened in TBC, WotLK and MoP - why not phase a couple of old zones every patch updating the lore and telling some more of the story - the phase would be at max level - and tells how the races involved in that area are doing, reacting to new developments and what happened after the levelling curve - since we wait so long.

I think i will definitely play again if all 5 were done. Saying that: Many people think wow is extremely dated and old and if you were to start playing again, really you need to look no further than either Guild Wars 2 if you want a period setting with swords and dragons or SWTOR - if you want sci-fi with lasers and battleships - both games are much fresher, lot of neat things going on and are free to play mostly. Should I really forgot about wow? and bury it in the past never to surface again?

Howz MoP going for you guys? Hooked? - i must admit the above are some other interesting changes that if implemented would be very tempting to subscribe to again, but never to worship this game, never to be an idol of mine again.
    well thats just your original post, slightly trimmed and added as a reply.

you might as well say you aren't coming back to wow until you can pay for it with cheese

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice late edit. >.>

You already know they're working on updating character models. Perhaps they'd work on a new moonkin model in the future...the rest of that, I really can't see happening.

I've played some of the other games, they had better graphics for sure, but their end game was atrocious.

Gameplay comes way before the graphics.

Life will never be the same without you.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

another moronic post from this guy... sick! no one cares if u coming back with way of thinking like urs. U want everything and then free2play ye cus blizz is chartiy and will do things for us 4free. Talking about the best ever mmo game, gather 10mln ppl who can pay to play there is no other game that we can compare to it. Face it! and then u say free2play cmon dude use brain a bit, and stop making crying posts noone wants u back in wow.

nah, newer race, i'll still have to look at the other 10 races and cringe. I should add bad lore as the 6th reason, altho my friend tells me MoP is a lore more cinematic and lore compelling. .. but then i'd want the entire game to be rebuilt that way.. but may settle for all future content to be properly explained.

funnily enough i can cope with wow graphics, it's character models taht are really off putting. and i just can't return with my fave races looking so bad. - mainly humans, elves, draenei and orcs - also dwarves love dwarves.. you seen the hobbit previews?
    you know you can try out the pandaren without buying the game, or gametime.

wow is F2p until level 20, try a panda and see if it makes you cry.

essentially, dont judge a book by it's cover, read a few pages...

Deleted
    I dont agree with the whole list, but the models do need a serious upgrade. And I agree, it should not just be better look for the models how they are today.
    There need to be more details. More hairstyles, more beards, more body types (3 at least) different hight types, Tattoos and scars (and not just one tattoo or a scar, both, an arm should have 5 points, where tattoos can go, and you should be able to combine them to a tattoo that covers your whole arm), separating the nose option from the ear option...srsly? why was that continued with the goblins?
    Option for eyecolor, ears, nose, face, mouth, teeth/tusks, piercings, tattoos, scars.
    And please give us weaponbelts, or something like that, so that our weapons dont just glue to our body...why is that still in the game?

I understand, that most players want content. But there should be a time, when this problem of lacking modelupdates should be adressed, and that time was in cata. I am happy, that they are working on it. But seeing how bad the transmog system was implimented, I am really afraid of the new character creator. I hope it is awesome, but I fear it will just be meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Nice late edit. >.>

You already know they're working on updating character models. Perhaps they'd work on a new moonkin model in the future...the rest of that, I really can't see happening.

I've played some of the other games, they had better graphics for sure, but their end game was atrocious.
    tha'ts another thing i don't understand.. how dumb can players get... you release a new game, your end game stuff is not going to be as good as wow's, wow has had 8 years to build end game stuff.. when they released wow, their end game stuff was errible, you had Molten Core, tha'ts it... it took nearly a year till BWL was added, and nearly a year till AQ was added, - then a much shorter few months for Naxx and for a new expansion, they could focus lot on end content since they were only adding 10 levels and not 60 levels worth of content.

do tell how do people expect Guild wars 2 and SwTOR to have lots of end game content at release? SWTOR has been a year out and has had 4 to 5 times as much end game content as wow had in the same period of time.. its' unfair to expect them to match wow's end game content on release, or the game would be outdated before it even came out.

btw.. i actually am not sure what blizzard are doing with updated models, one person says, we're working on them, the other says we want to work on them but they are not a priority atm, and it changes all the time bouncing back between the two responses.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeh the Lore has been very nicely done in MoP, there is alot more to it, and alot more to find out, They are working on character models, but it's just not as important as leading the game into the future with content and all the other things they add, Pretty much all of my characters are Nelfs, because i love that Race, i would love it if they redid them, but it's nothing i've ever considering i needed

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    well that was hell of an edit to your first post

if model updates are what makes or breaks a game for you, i feel sorry for your girlfriend.

enjoy whatever else it is that you are playing and please, post more random topics in an attempt to assuage yourself from playing again.
    haha, it was just a re-juggle of the post, , i didn't think anyone would reply so soon, so meant the edit to follow as reply on the opening line, with the red "later added" notification - but off course, there were tons of replies by the time i was finished, so that didn't work out

10+ Year Old Account
    tha'ts another thing i don't understand.. how dumb can players get... you release a new game, your end game stuff is not going to be as good as wow's, wow has had 8 years to build end game stuff.. when they released wow, their end game stuff was errible, you had Molten Core, tha'ts it... it took nearly a year till BWL was added, and nearly a year till AQ was added, - then a much shorter few months for Naxx and for a new expansion, they could focus lot on end content since they were only adding 10 levels and not 60 levels worth of content.

do tell how do people expect Guild wars 2 and SwTOR to have lots of end game content at release? SWTOR has been a year out and has had 4 to 5 times as much end game content as wow had in the same period of time.. its' unfair to expect them to match wow's end game content on release, or the game would be outdated before it even came out.
    Oh, see here, I never said I expected them to have tons of end game out, only that I'd played a few of the newer games and that their graphics were better. The simple point is that for me, I like to play for end game content and raiding, so while the other games might work well for casual players who don't want to raid, having raiding content in WoW is what made me come back to the game.

Every game I've played, I've seen problems, and in every game, it's a different issue.