Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickoz View Post
    Wow spell ranks, i remember when i had 7? renews, haha god there was so much filler shit
    The spell ranks still exist hidden. Their values may have changed to, and you cannot use them to your likes anymore.
    Used to be a viable technique to preserve mana costs.
    On the flipside, some spells cannot be cast on friendly targets to low of level anymore now. Back then one simply used a lower rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murlocs having the most annoying sound in game... Although I'd be pissed if they actually changed it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Not if worgen :O
    Not if anyone... See above, it was removed entirely.
    No more mining picks, skinning knifes or fishing poles needed.

You require experience to level (Yes, they changed how much, but it still requires it.) along with how much rested you can obtain in a certain amount of time (Guild perks/Pandaren don't really count.)

After gaining X amount of level(s) you get to choose a talent.

Chuck Norris still isn't in the game other than in trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Some racials? I can't think of an exact one... but one of them HAS to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not if anyone... See above, it was removed entirely.
    No more mining picks, skinning knifes or fishing poles needed.
    Meant to say Not since worgen* but yeah :P
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    Some racials? I can't think of an exact one... but one of them HAS to be the same.
    They all changed. None is untouched, or added later..
    The changes are mainly a result of the QQ from the PVP community, which is always bitching about such unfair use of a racial. lol

Dwarves being the best race

10+ Year Old Account
    dwarf: used to be immune to bleeds/poisons/diseases for duration, now it only clears them, used to increase armor by 10%, now its 10% dmg reduction

gnomes: used to have a cast time (0.5 sec or 1.5 sec i cant remember), cd changed

humans: used to be a completely diff racial which increased stealth detection

nelf: cd change (now starts ticking on use rather than when it breaks)

orc: used to give a mortal strike debuff on use and was a % increase to atkpower etc, rather than flat increase

troll: used to be 10% increase at full hp, 20% at lower hp, then finally 30% at near death, used to cost mana/energy/rage

undead: cannabalize used to give hp regen, changed to be a 'bandage', changed to give mana as well
    will of the forsaken used to give a 5 sec immunity to charms/poly/sleep/fear as well as breaking them

Tauren: i believe it was changed so it could be used in druid shapeshift form (recent change in cata i think)

so i think thats all of the original races =P
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2012-11-13 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    AQ wasn't in the beginning of WoW.
    Depends how you see stuff.

If beginning of WoW is Start of Vanilla then everything changed, but if you count beginning of WoW to be whole Vanilla then there are some stuff which stayed the same.

Engineers still need an Arclight Spanner and/or Gyromatic Micro-Adjuster to make at least one of their current expansion profession items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    dwarf: used to be immune to bleeds/poisons/diseases for duration, now it only clears them, used to increase armor by 10%, now its 10% dmg reduction

gnomes: used to have a cast time (0.5 sec or 1.5 sec i cant remember), cd changed

humans: used to be a completely diff racial which increased stealth detection

nelf: cd change (now starts ticking on use rather than when it breaks)

orc: used to give a mortal strike debuff on use and was a % increase to atkpower etc, rather than flat increase

troll: used to be 10% increase at full hp, 20% at lower hp, then finally 30% at near death, used to cost mana/energy/rage

undead: cannabalize used to give hp regen, changed to be a 'bandage', changed to give mana as well
    will of the forsaken used to give a 5 sec immunity to charms/poly/sleep/fear as well as breaking them

Tauren: i believe it was changed so it could be used in druid shapeshift form (recent change in cata i think)

so i think thats all of the original races =P
    Diplomacy (human racial which gives 10% more rep) stayed the same since Vanilla (humans back then had Diplomacy, The Human Spirit and Perception). The Human Spirit could also be one of those spells which never changed.

Deleted
    mana bars being blue and health bars being green.

on that note, health has always worked the same way, more stamina = more health and no health = dead

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    tech that was changed in vanilla, but if you threw that in then all mounts changed also (epic mounts didn't have armor-)

warriors being able to use all weapons (granted things like staves never have str)
    Wasnt able to use Ateish, Benediction, Lok'hunterbowthing...(Acquire) or any wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Depends how you see stuff.

If beginning of WoW is Start of Vanilla then everything changed, but if you count beginning of WoW to be whole Vanilla then there are some stuff which stayed the same.
    either way AQ has been changed since its introduction
    along with things already mentioned in this thread, aq-20 has been made into aq10, the quest givers from town are now outside, and the biggest change of all to aq, the gates are now automatically opened on new servers

I think the human Diplomacy is untouched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Diplomacy (human racial which gives 10% more rep) stayed the same since Vanilla (humans back then had Diplomacy, The Human Spirit and Perception). The Human Spirit could also be one of those spells which never changed.
    i meant the usable ones =P

but yeah, those (some have, some havent, i cant remember which ones lol) havent been changed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    World of warcraft hasn't changed because war... War never changes.

Except the main theme of MoP is PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Except the main theme of MoP is PEACE
    Welp, you didn't finish Jade forest did you.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!