Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    As people have mentioned prior to your post, another reason to use an ad-blocker is an added level of security from malware ads, which MMO-C had a few weeks ago. The result was 24 hours of warnings when viewing the site. Sure it's rare to get such an ad on sites like these but it happens, and that's all the reason for anyone to use a blocker (IMO of course)
    That warning was "fake" and there was nothing wrong, no malware or anything, and people using Adblock also got the malware warning message.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That warning was "fake" and there was nothing wrong, no malware or anything, and people using Adblock also got the malware warning message.
    But, if there was a legit malware issue, those with adblock would not have been affected, there in lie the difference.

Deleted
    But, if there was a legit malware issue, those with adblock would not have been affected, there in lie the difference.
    MMO-Champion has been running for atleast 4 or 5 years, I doubt there would be a breach or any kind of malware now. Also, I have total trust in MMO-Champion's security and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    They seriously are...I mean who the fuck is going to sit through a 10minute ad for a 3minute video...
    I have never encountered an ad longer than 20 seconds that couldn't be skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    I have never encountered an ad longer than 20 seconds that couldn't be skipped.
    They also have 30-second advertisements you CANNOT skip and I would say one every other four ads or so, I'm surprised you haven't encountered any you must not be a regular youtube user.

Deleted
    It's your own fault if you watch Let's play crap and you think they're getting too much money, However you guys have no idea how hard and how much time it takes to make a heavily edited video. You shouldn't spew crap you don't know a damn about.

I can understand why you use addblock though especially if you're dutch. Ads here are fucking retarded and just make no sense.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion has been running for atleast 4 or 5 years, I doubt there would be a breach or any kind of malware now. Also, I have total trust in MMO-Champion's security and safety.
    And now MMO-C is owned and run by Curse, who has had malware ads on multiple occasions, including through their add-on updating client. I'm not trying to bad mouth MMO-C, but the facts are there was an ad that caused the warning (killed rather quickly), and it CAN happen again. I'm just advocating people use extensions/add-ons that help protect them.

There was malware on this site last week. Adblock + noscript = win

Deleted
    And now MMO-C is owned and run by Curse, who has had malware ads on multiple occasions, including through their add-on updating client. I'm not trying to bad mouth MMO-C, but the facts are there was an ad that caused the warning (killed rather quickly), and it CAN happen again. I'm just advocating people use extensions/add-ons that help protect them.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    There was malware on this site last week. Adblock + noscript = win
    I don't have any experience with other sites from Curse, only with MMO-Champion, so, this malware, was fake, everyone, EVERYONE, was getting this every time you opened a new page/thread/etc on MMO-Champion, and what I mean with everyone, is literally everyone, people with ablock too.

And the malware was fake, it was there just to troll, so to speak.

Deleted
    They are getting annoying, but it's mostly the picture ads "Heeey?!? Can you help me out?!" which are driving me to drink. All the 5/15/30 second things have been getting gradually more commonplace.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any experience with other sites from Curse, only with MMO-Champion, so, this malware, was fake, everyone, EVERYONE, was getting this every time you opened a new page/thread/etc on MMO-Champion, and what I mean with everyone, is literally everyone, people with ablock too.

And the malware was fake, it was there just to troll, so to speak.
    "Google Alert when visiting MMO-Champion - Final Update
    Earlier today MMO-Champion got flagged as "unsafe" by Google, resulting in a big ass warning message every time you tried to access the site explaining that MMO-Champion will eat your soul. Well good news, MMO-Champion doesn't eat souls!

This is what happened in a nutshell.
    In the morning an ad network got compromised and ended up serving a malware. (This is a pretty popular/high-end ad network and I'm not sure if I can give away the name without getting my ass kicked. I'll let them do their own communication)
    We disabled ads as soon as the first warning appeared.
    MMO-Champion or any of our infrastructure wasn't compromised, this was entirely 3rd party.
    Since it's 3rd party and it's always better to be safe than sorry, take this as an opportunity to run a good old Malwarebytes Anti Malware scan on your computer.

Obviously we apologize for the inconvenience."

There WAS an ad with malware, it's why the warning popped up in the first place, it took ~24h to get MMO-C off the warning list, so yes, everyone got the warning, but those with out ad-blockers/no scripts were the only ones who were at risk. MMO-C wasn't compromised, BUT the ad network used was (and thus people USING MMO-C were at risk).

Read the front page much?

Again, it's reasons like this that I advocate the use of ad-blockers which can and will protect you from malicious ads, whether the website handles their own ads or uses a 3rd party network.