Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I seem to have encountered a bug.

I had just installed the mod last night, and when i logged in i saw the modbox. I did a /affdots command to bring up the options, and clicked the horizontal mode button, then the modbox dissapeared. I unchecked the box, but it didnt come back. I tried changing settings in the options but nothing would bring back the mod, even relogging didnt fix it.

I will try to reinstall tonight and see what happens.
    Think I found what caused it.
    Direct link, Curse needs some time to approve uploaded files:
    http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...fDots-1.03.zip

Deleted
    Nice addon, does definitly help out the average raider.

Couple of feedback if you allow me. know they are cosmetic, therefore not essential :
    - Changing the font. Currently even addons like Fonter don't have an impact on it
    - Making it more opaque (or having the option to). I'd quite like the blue / red/gree/yellow to be a bit more opaque to give it more visibility.
    - For simplicity, i'd just run without the numbers above the icons : if youwant the numbers, you can use an addon like tinystats and react accordingly : the aim of this addon (imo) is to make it simpler, and i don't think giving the number helps (unless it helps the addon).

All in all, great stuff, and many thanks.

I think I've run into another bug. I've had several occurences where you put up dots, most of the time via SB:SS which don't register in Affdots. So dots are indeed on the target, but not showing in the affdots UI. I can't pinpoint an exact scenario where it happens all the time, but ran into it several times now.
    It's not an issue of dropping out of combat. While still in combat the blizzard default UI shows them on the target but not on the affdots UI.
    Using the newest version that was supplied via direct link in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Angyarr45 View Post
    I think I've run into another bug. I've had several occurences where you put up dots, most of the time via SB:SS which don't register in Affdots. So dots are indeed on the target, but not showing in the affdots UI. I can't pinpoint an exact scenario where it happens all the time, but ran into it several times now.
    It's not an issue of dropping out of combat. While still in combat the blizzard default UI shows them on the target but not on the affdots UI.
    Using the newest version that was supplied via direct link in this thread.
    Are you 100% positive that the missing dot was due to the addon not working properly? It is possible, if you aren't hitcapped, to miss only 1 or two of the dots while the 2nd or 3rd is applied. Just to clarify.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in the most simplest form, recast when the colors are either Yellow or Green eh? Don't recast when Red. And Blue, I'm guessing don't recast?

Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    Are you 100% positive that the missing dot was due to the addon not working properly? It is possible, if you aren't hitcapped, to miss only 1 or two of the dots while the 2nd or 3rd is applied. Just to clarify.
    I'm positive none of the dot's showed up. Even if I would miss for let's say unstable affliction, and corruption and agony went through. Those should show up in the UI. None of them show up at the time, if the bug occurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    So in the most simplest form, recast when the colors are either Yellow or Green eh? Don't recast when Red. And Blue, I'm guessing don't recast?
    It's clearly written out in the OP

Most common scenarios:
    Green: cast unless you expect more incoming procs/DS/Heroism soon.
    Blue: cast if your current stats are significantly better or if you have to switch targets.
    Yellow: cast if you have to switch targets.
    Red: do not cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Almost. IMHO, the simplest form would be :
    - Green = recast it NOW.
    - Yellow / Red = don't do anything
    - Blue = wait a little until it turns green

Edit: fixed the color names
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-11-13 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah. So tired trying to fix logistics of a guild transfer that I didn't even see the second section in the OP. My apologies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving this.

Have you though about adding a count down to how long the shortest of your current buffs will be on?

Say all three DoT's are blue with ~6 seconds till Agony turns green, however Jade Spirit is going to run out in 4 seconds. This way the player would know that its better to Recast before the 4 seconds is up rather then waiting till agony goes green, at which point your power might not be as strong.

This stuff is doable with using other addons but lately I have been trying to declutter my screen.

Great addon! I have been wanting something like this for a long time. I have been working on a similar mod, but it is not up to this level.

Feral's have had an addon called DroodFocus for years that does something similar for rake and rip. When re-applying a dot would be good, it draws a little green dot on a corner of the icon. If it would be a dps loss to re-apply, it shows a red dot. If there is no significant difference, there is no dot. I recommend this kind of minimal hint.

I also recommend adding stacks for agony, and like many others adding a row of focus icons. Getting rid of the text would make room for that.

Amazing job mate.
    I was trying to do something similar, just without numbers, with weakauras however it was extremely hard to keep track with triggers. I have some ideas and mathematical stuff to bring the addon a bit more awesomeness. Just shoot me a pm if you would like to hear them.

Only thing I really miss in this addon is a haunt tracker, just to make my life easier and a resize button. Then it would be perfect!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haffmaistro View Post
    Only thing I really miss in this addon is a haunt tracker, just to make my life easier and a resize button. Then it would be perfect!
    Allready in the features since an update. I added it to the OP for better visibility. If you are still running an old version of Affdots then you should get the new one from where you got the original.

Another thing I actully would find very usefull for this addon is a CoE timer. Not a big one like the rest but like a line over the rest. But thats not a really important mod, just a nice little reminder
    Last edited by Haffmaistro; 2012-11-14 at 02:48 AM.

Cannot seem to find in the addon interface where to enable timers on the dot duration as you have in the OP. They show up just fine on my target, but not on the mod.

Using Xperl as my target tracker/raid interface if that makes a difference. Here is a SS of what I mean:
    http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...412_002021.jpg

Love the add on though - works as intended out of the box. Just a quick question, Any chance you can add Doom and Immolate into the spell tracker like you did haunt? I realize this is an affliction addon, but if this addon works for other specs (haven't tried it out in demo yet), some of us prefer the other specs or actually need to be in those specs for progression, and if adding these 2 spells is easy (if it is beneficial to those specs, not sure if it is) we would appreciate it. If you do decide to do that, please allow us the option of disabling the other dots as you did for haunt to save on screen space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    Cannot seem to find in the addon interface where to enable timers on the dot duration as you have in the OP. They show up just fine on my target, but not on the mod.

Using Xperl as my target tracker/raid interface if that makes a difference. Here is a SS of what I mean:
    http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...412_002021.jpg
    You need the addon OmniCC for displaying cooldowns on the dots, it's not built in. It's mentioned at the Curse description where you download it, not in this thread I think.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You need the addon OmniCC for displaying cooldowns on the dots, it's not built in. It's mentioned at the Curse description where you download it, not in this thread I think.
    Awesome, thx

Deleted
    This Add On is really great.Though I am also wondering if you guys know about something which would be great too but more for Destro : Something that would telle you "hey, your spell power is THIS HIGH ! You should cast a shadow bolt !". (well not like that of course, but I haven't been able to do somethin simple on weakauras that would just point me my SP / Crit just as a number or something like that so I can simply check and say "hey, it's time to launch that CB and light my cigaret ! )

Quote Originally Posted by incroyable View Post
    This Add On is really great.Though I am also wondering if you guys know about something which would be great too but more for Destro : Something that would telle you "hey, your spell power is THIS HIGH ! You should cast a shadow bolt !". (well not like that of course, but I haven't been able to do somethin simple on weakauras that would just point me my SP / Crit just as a number or something like that so I can simply check and say "hey, it's time to launch that CB and light my cigaret ! )
    Try the addon Livedamage, it simply displays your current spellpower in realtime, that way I know when I am at 32k or 33k spellpower I need to recast my dots.