Poll: Would you be willing to Unlock LFR as described in this post if Blizz implemented it?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Pretty much this. There is already a gate/unlock, its in ilvl form. OP's idea is redundant.
    Boring. ZZZZZZZ.

An epic quest chain that would inevitably get you to that 460 ilvl through heroics and quests and such would be much more fun than endless heroic grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This would give you a reason to actually do a few challenge mode dungeons. They are just harder versions of heroics, and would be fun content for casuals to overcome to get into LFR.
    The mog gear and valor points are reason enough, and you do realise these casuals won't be able to clear the challenge mode dungeons right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It's already gated by item level requirement which forced players to grind few dozen heroic instances. What new would a thing like Karazhan key which required grinding few instances bring to the table? Why? Answer me that.

Getting into Karazhan back in the old days was much easier for a fresh max level character than getting into LFR today.
    Flying around the world, doing group quests, doing personal quests is much more varied than hitting a button, getting in que 12 times and letting the RNG train take you places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring. ZZZZZZZ.

An epic quest chain that would inevitably get you to that 460 ilvl through heroics and quests and such would be much more fun than endless heroic grinding.
    They already exist, and it's called doing Loremaster before the Heroics. See Ulduar patch.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Hell no. I hated doing attunments during Vanilla and TBC. I'm really glad that they got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It's already gated by item level requirement which forced players to grind few dozen heroic instances. What new would a thing like Karazhan key which required grinding few instances bring to the table? Why? Answer me that.

Getting into Karazhan back in the old days was much easier for a fresh max level character than getting into LFR today.

So true, the quest was fun...but pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocyrst View Post
    item levels isn't a requirement to access these?
    Yes, you have to have ilevel 460 to queue for LFR

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I don't see a difference. Everyone and their mothers would do it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    No...

Why would you force people to clear hardcore dungeons to do casual raiding?
    They specifically said challenge mode dungeons are aimed at people with less time to commit to the game, and therefore would be appropriate as a step into casual raiding. Did I ever say you had to get Gold time in these challenge modes? No. Just that you had to complete them and possibly find a quest item only found in the challenge mode version of the dungeon. Which would also require you to form the group on your server, fly there, and experience the dungeon that way.

Lets say in a hypothetical situation, Blizzards next LFR experience was something you had to unlock? For example. Go back to TBC, the Key to Karazhan quest chain. What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?

Once you gained access on one character, access was unlocked for any of your Alt characters. Would this be something you would be willing to do? And each new tier of LFR would have similar epic quest chains to unlock the feature. What do you think about this idea?
    Let's see, LFR is supposed to be aimed at Casuals, Challenge Modes are supposed to be aimed at hardcore players. What you propose is make the casual do hardcore stuff? Yeah, would not work. Challenge modes would be nerfed like crazy and hardcore players would whine.

Also, currently LFR needs to be unlocked, by either getting some crafted gear, or doing heroics, or defeating the sha and getting gear out of it. So it is already locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    The mog gear and valor points are reason enough, and you do realise these casuals won't be able to clear the challenge mode dungeons right?
    thats what he's counting on.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Makes more sense to me to have Heroic Raiding content locked behind some form of attuning.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Not only do I agree with this. I also believe that LFR loot should be rares and not epics. If its faceroll easy. Why are people receiving welfare epics?
    To annoy elitists of course. Also, because current LFR has much more mechanics than Molten Core or Onyxia, which both dropped epics, so all is fair. XDD

On topic: requiring to do challenge mode dungeons to unlock LFR is silly, because it requires to do harder content to unlock easier one, so it would end up with the LFR being useless. What could work is, for instance, completing every heroic 5 man once or obtaining the "Looking for More" (I believe that's the title for 50 players one) achievement. Anything else would be out of proportion compared to what LFR is.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    They specifically said challenge mode dungeons are aimed at people with less time to commit to the game, and therefore would be appropriate as a step into casual raiding. Did I ever say you had to get Gold time in these challenge modes? No. Just that you had to complete them and possibly find a quest item only found in the challenge mode version of the dungeon. Which would also require you to form the group on your server, fly there, and experience the dungeon that way.
    What? I'm pretty sure that's completely untrue. In addition, it's obvious you've never been in a challenge mode dungeon as the boss tactics are very hard to casuals, and we're not even talking about going for a medal time yet.

Flying around the world, doing group quests, doing personal quests is much more varied than hitting a button, getting in que 12 times and letting the RNG train take you places.
    Ending quests for Townlong, and Dread Wastes were pretty cool, and delivered ilvl 450 gear, when I capped I needed just one piece of gear to be ready for Heroics. The Heroic runs I did gave me enough up-grades to get into LFR. How much more varied do you think it should be.

Endlessly searching for ways to block players from progressing, in their own way, has to get old sometime. I eagerly wait for the day when you start to focus only on your characters, and leave the rest to theirs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um...you do have to unlock it. It's called having a 460+ item level. And I'm sure in the next one, you'll need at least a 480+ item level (as HoF/ToES seems to be 470).

You won't ding 90 in patch 5.2 and be doing the newest LFR raid ten seconds later. You'll still have to get some gear from additional sources first. Last time I checked, reaching a requirement of any sort in order to do something afterwards is "unlocking" something. So...yeah. Logic 1 - Jaylock 0.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

This would give you a reason to actually do a few challenge mode dungeons. They are just harder versions of heroics, and would be fun content for casuals to overcome to get into LFR.
    Fun is subjective. There is no point in doing challenge mode as a prerequisite of LFR. They do not help you reach the gear requirement, and normal dungeons are enough to teach the basics needed to complete an LFR raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Boring. ZZZZZZZ.

Endless? The end is when you hit the required ilvl, and I don't think I did more then 5 heroics to get there. Hardly endless.

I would be ok with having an epic quest chain but there should be options, and choice. Not just one path that every single player has to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Yes, would be nice.

It would be even nicer if there was actually not a chain, but a faction to unlock to do LFR, and for them you'd have to do dailies, and each daily would give you 10 rep and you'd need to get from hated to exalted. You could do 100 dailies for the faction per day though.
    You'd have to do 8400 quests. Don't be stupid.

Then the ppl that were the target for LFR wouldnt end up doing it and we would have an even lamer version of LFR created to let more ppl see end game content. We don't have to unlock normal raids so there would be no reason to make ppl unlock the LFR version.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."