Poll: Would you be willing to Unlock LFR as described in this post if Blizz implemented it?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    The mog gear and valor points are reason enough, and you do realise these casuals won't be able to clear the challenge mode dungeons right?
    Any challenge mode can be completed by any group. It will just take a bit longer than their heroic clears is all.

Deleted
    This doesnt make sense. The players who use LFR are not the sort of players who run challenge modes.

I wouldn't mind a short quest-chain to help explain the story, but not in the form you propose. It would have to be something for normal (and by extension, heroic) as well. Also, not challenge mode dungeons, as those are designed to be entirely optional. They aren't required if you want to raid, they're only there for people who are actually interested in them.

Also, BC isn't a good model to follow. That attunement chart is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Makes more sense to me to have Heroic Raiding content locked behind some form of attuning.
    It already is, and it's called clearing Normal mode.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They specifically said challenge mode dungeons are aimed at people with less time to commit to the game, and therefore would be appropriate as a step into casual raiding.
    No, they haven't. They have indicated that Challenge Modes are for Testing your skills and to keep Dungeons relevent for more advanced players. They have never been touted as a means to get players ready for Raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Seeing I did the Kara key quest like 5 times I doubt I would have an issue with it.

They specifically said challenge mode dungeons are aimed at people with less time to commit to the game, and therefore would be appropriate as a step into casual raiding. Did I ever say you had to get Gold time in these challenge modes? No. Just that you had to complete them and possibly find a quest item only found in the challenge mode version of the dungeon. Which would also require you to form the group on your server, fly there, and experience the dungeon that way.
    No i--ot they specially said that challenge modes are aimed at hardcore players. That's why they award cool looking gear and a mount. That's is also why they are harder than heroics, and need careful pull/cc tactics.
    Last edited by FenrisUy; 2012-11-13 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    To annoy elitists of course. Also, because current LFR has much more mechanics than Molten Core or Onyxia, which both dropped epics, so all is fair. XDD

On topic: requiring to do challenge mode dungeons to unlock LFR is silly, because it requires to do harder content to unlock easier one, so it would end up with the LFR being useless. What could work is, for instance, completing every heroic 5 man once or obtaining the "Looking for More" (I believe that's the title for 50 players one) achievement. Anything else would be out of proportion compared to what LFR is.
    You realize you can go into challenge modes with 450ish gear and complete it on bronze just fine? I think what it comes down to is people being afraid of having to do something to enter LFR. Its a simple epic quest chain that would get you out in the world doing different things than what you are used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize you can go into challenge modes with 450ish gear and complete it on bronze just fine? I think what it comes down to is people being afraid of having to do something to enter LFR. Its a simple epic quest chain that would get you out in the world doing different things than what you are used to.
    Challenge modes don't require gear and I'm pretty sure they don't reward gear (to improve your item level) either.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Any challenge mode can be completed by any group. It will just take a bit longer than their heroic clears is all.
    Also untrue. Can we let this jaylock thread die now, please?

What if you had to do a simple quest chain that involved doing a three to four challenge mode dungeons and gathering keys to build a device that gave you access to LFR?
    Then who would do LFR? Because anyone that skilled wouldn't need LFR gear to beat MSV and certainly wouldn't have any trouble doing their dailies as a group (five to ten people would make it lightning fast, btw) to get fully geared and blow away HoF and ToES without even needing those 496 pieces.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

You can 3 man it for bronze. Each of them take at least 45 minutes. Most heroics only last 20-30 depending on which you're in.

They specifically said challenge mode dungeons are aimed at people with less time to commit to the game
    Challenge modes were the answer to those who wanted something harder then HD.

Just that you had to complete them and possibly find a quest item only found in the challenge mode version of the dungeon. Which would also require you to form the group on your server, fly there, and experience the dungeon that way.
    All of which is pointless. LFR is an entry level raid experience, it should not require such hoops to jump through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

LFR is "I don't do shit and get credit" mode, so nope, this idea sucks. Doing a quest is way harder than completing LFR

Seriously, would love this back in normal/HC modes. Just a small prologue to raid, nothing special, but something that drains you in, that gives you the puropse to be there. Like, what if there was a small quest chain with Klaxxi when they attempt to launch a full scale attack on Heart of Fear (that fails miserably) and you are assigned to go in as a group of commandos to do what the Klaxxi couldn't do? Would at least explain all those impaced corpses.

Challenge mode dungeons are not designed for masses they are designed for a small percentage of the playerbase. LFR is designed for masses, forcing someone to do challenge modes to do LFR would be absurd. How about you can only do heroic raids if you've completed challenge mode Silver (instead of awarding a phoenix it unlocks heroic raids)? That'd keep all the 20+ percenter "Savior of Azeroth" scrubs out of Hardmodes for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Doing a quest is way harder than completing LFR
    I've not done Garalon LFR. But this implies you've not done Garalon LFR either.

So much QQ about it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I gotta ask, didn't they take out attunment type bullshit, now you want to bring it back? Seriously?

But, ok... I'll roll with this... on the condition that in order to get into normal raids you have to meet the following criteria:

Normal raid requirements:
    be revered with all the Panda factions
    have an ilevel of 476 or higher,
    AND you have to have completed the LFR raids

Heroic raid requirements:
    be exalted with all the Panda factions,
    have an ilevel of 489 or higher
    AND have completed the normal raids.

And, the LFR, Normal, Heroic all share the same lockouts... so you can only do one of them per week.
    Non LFR raids don't have gear requirements upon entry...

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of QQ from merely just reaching the minimum ilevel is enough. This suggestion is pretty redundant, doesn't improve anything & just basically would flood the forums with more QQ & whining.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I've not done Garalon LFR. But this implies you've not done Garalon LFR either.

So much QQ about it.
    Seriously, they've had to nerf it twice now and it will probably still have cause regular "2/3 queues" to pop up. Garalon was so friggin overtuned for LFR it's ridiculous. One rogue could wipe the raid.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

It would fucking suck but yes I'd do it. I don't get any PVE side of the game otherwise.

When I run normal mode raids whether it be with a random guild I'm in, or with someone elses random guild who were just short a DPS, it's just a multi-hour wipefest. I'm not down for that crap.........