Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    On the other hand i cant see why Shocks shouldnt overload. They are spells in all the senses they can be realy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    3 target dummies in a line. I apply FS to the middle dummy and hit FN on CD. Without any EotE procs I will see 2 entries of FN damage in the logs. However, with EotE procs, instead of it getting correctly duplicating and providing 4 entries of FN, you get 3. After looking more closely, I found out that what is happening is that when EotE procs on FN, the duplicated FN goes off from either the left or right dummy, not the middle dummy with the FS on it (there is only one FS out during this test on the middle dummy). I'd be interested to see if anyone else can confirm this bug.
    Unsure if it can be considered a bug, but at least i have certainly noticed that when FN triggers a Echo, its ALWAYS on a target that doesnt have Flameshock applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    On the other hand i cant see why Shocks shouldnt overload. They are spells in all the senses they can be realy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:07 AM ----------

Unsure if it can be considered a bug, but at least i have certainly noticed that when FN triggers a Echo, its ALWAYS on a target that doesnt have Flameshock applied.
    How is that not a bug? FN is supposed to originate from FS targets - having it proc from EotE on a non-FS target makes no sense. I agree at least it's been consistent in my testing, but it just doesn't make sense. But in the long wrong in AoE situations when you're spreading FS with LL and spamming FN on CD anyway it won't really make a difference, just sort of bothered me that during the controlled tests I performed it behaved not like it was expected to.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

10+ Year Old Account
    Bug or not I definitely prefer the Echo of Fire Nova to come from a second target.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there,

As a Enhancement PvP Shaman I was playing around with how to change weapon imbues during a fight (especially the offhand one). Its quite difficult since normally it takes the mainhand imbue to switch (when imbues are already up).

So after a while, I came up with this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Windfury Weapon
    /castsequence [@none] reset=5 Windfury Weapon, Frostbrand Weapon;
    /castsequence reset=5 16, 17
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    Code:
    #showtooltip Rockbiter Weapon
    /castsequence [@none] reset=5 Rockbiter Weapon, Rockbiter Weapon;
    /castsequence reset=5 16, 17
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    So this works pretty good for me, only needing two buttons (2 global cds) to switch from offensive to defensiv.

Well just wanted to share this with my fellowshamans.

Kind Regards
    Walk

Why would you want to do that though?

I don't PVP very much since MoP was released, but I'm with Tides on this, why do you want to be able to do that? It seems that the minimal defense from swapping to 2xRockbiter isn't worth the large loss in dps (and possible throughput on self heals since you won't get WF procs and possibly see less stacks of MSW building over time). Between Astral Shift and Shamanistic Rage we have some pretty strong defensive CDs, not to mention Grounding Totem, Earthbind/grab, and Capacitator Totem to keep people/damage at bay while you toss a heal or move away.

hi there, i was playing enhancement since the dual wield came with AQ40. But every time they nerfed the enhancer i was forced to switch to another dmg class. i know, the specc was always very solid, but never top1. (besides the good spelldmg gear, 2 fast spelldmg weapons and double fire weapon) before lava lash there was this nice double WF weapon bug, so you could have a 4 procc wf hit. but all that is now gone. but i love my enhancer, it was my first char, played ALL expansions with him, raided all content, did all that AV pvp grinding end so on.
    because my main char is a monk tank and we don't have any enhancer in our raid "ele is better, ele ist range, ele is caster, meele sucks in the content", i want to know, how BAD or good? is the enhancer really? my gear is between "mew" and "well did you get 90 today?" so i cannot pull that numbers from a raiding enhancer.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...copwn/advanced
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    hi there, i was playing enhancement since the dual wield came with AQ40. But every time they nerfed the enhancer i was forced to switch to another dmg class. i know, the specc was always very solid, but never top1. (besides the good spelldmg gear, 2 fast spelldmg weapons and double fire weapon) before lava lash there was this nice double WF weapon bug, so you could have a 4 procc wf hit. but all that is now gone. but i love my enhancer, it was my first char, played ALL expansions with him, raided all content, did all that AV pvp grinding end so on.
    because my main char is a monk tank and we don't have any enhancer in our raid "ele is better, ele ist range, ele is caster, meele sucks in the content", i want to know, how BAD or good? is the enhancer really? my gear is between "mew" and "well did you get 90 today?" so i cannot pull that numbers from a raiding enhancer.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...copwn/advanced
    Enha sham is in a really good spot. We can pull out great numbers, and the only thing holding us back, is the ranged prefered fights.

I can in my 10man, always score top 2 against mage, hunter and spriest. And for fights like Will of Emperor, I can tank the strenghts without a problem.

So yeah, we're in a good spot in my vision. Far from the worst dps, and can pull way up in numbers if allowed.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright guys, I think I've really done it this time. I bought x2 dancing steel enchants for my 489 fist weapons. And now I'm hearing that having two of those enchants are a major dps loss as it doesn't procc. Any ideas on this subject?

And if anyone wants to comment on improving my gear enchants, reforges and such.. I'd love to hear it Always looking to improve.
    PsiRevenger, Sylvanas.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    Alright guys, I think I've really done it this time. I bought x2 dancing steel enchants for my 489 fist weapons. And now I'm hearing that having two of those enchants are a major dps loss as it doesn't procc. Any ideas on this subject?

And if anyone wants to comment on improving my gear enchants, reforges and such.. I'd love to hear it Always looking to improve.
    PsiRevenger, Sylvanas.
    Cheers
    That's certainly one of the bigger topics of discussion at this point. I've been monitoring some of the more well known Enh Shamans to see what they have been doing. There's a crazy good Enh Shaman on US-Zul'jin by the name of Stand who has been putting Dancing Steel x2 on his weapons (even when he had blues), whereas some others (like Tides and myself) are rocking Dancing Steel on MH and Windsong on OH - however I have both 489 weapons and Tides has 489 and 463 so that's something he'd have to respond on.

From swinging around at some test dummies it seems like the proc uptime on Dancing Steel is ok, over the course of an entire MSV run I had anywhere from 25%-37% uptime on a fight, sometimes the procs were spread out well, others they were back to back. If it's purely a comparison between proc rates between DS and WS then WS will always win (I'm averaging 30-40% uptime on combined WS procs per fight), the reason why DS is more valued is because it's A) agility and B) sometimes WS will proc crit instead of our more desirable secondary stats so just the "stability" of DS procs is somewhat better (I've had fights were I get zero Mastery WS procs). In the near future I'll probably sit down and try to figure out what I really would prefer to run with but currently I like the DS/WS set up.

EDIT: After looking over a few more logs of some other shamans I think I'm going to switch to DSx2 since you can get 50%+ uptime on it for a fight.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2012-11-08 at 05:41 PM.

Tides has 489 and 463 so that's something he'd have to respond on.
    Yeah it's entirely because i haven't been lucky with drops. Also, i'm using 476 / 463. Bad luck with weapons
    When i get a 476 or above in the other hand, i WILL be doing Dual Dancing Steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, against warrior and hunter popping cooldowns, you are happy with any defensive you can get. Normally i just start with rockbiter right away and switch then to wf/fb when their hardest cooldowns are over. (same goes for warrior + kitteh)

against caster (frostmage + warlock or shadow) got more overall burst without all cds up, in such games i wont use rockbiter.

Yeah it's entirely because i haven't been lucky with drops. Also, i'm using 476 / 463. Bad luck with weapons
    When i get a 476 or above in the other hand, i WILL be doing Dual Dancing Steel.
    You're not the only one Tides. I'm still using 463/463 because the jerk troll won't drop his weapon and neither will the last boss in Monastery D:

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    You're not the only one Tides. I'm still using 463/463 because the jerk troll won't drop his weapon and neither will the last boss in Monastery D:
    No luck from Empress either =(

Yup same story tonight. I did manage to get Bottle of Stars and T14 Chest from LFR MV and HoF last night. It's still to early to tell but 2 piece seems a tad weak compared to past 2 piece bonus's. Guess it's time to dust off SimCraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    Yup same story tonight. I did manage to get Bottle of Stars and T14 Chest from LFR MV and HoF last night. It's still to early to tell but 2 piece seems a tad weak compared to past 2 piece bonus's. Guess it's time to dust off SimCraft!
    Neither of our tier bonuses are large jumps in dps increase like prior have been, that's for sure. 2-set comes to around 1-2% dps increase and the 4-set is a 2-4% dps increase (pretty sure we've had ones in the past that were 5%+ increase?). However most of our tier pieces are generally better itemized compared to others for that slot that it doesn't matter if it's making a set bonus.

In my experience the first setbonuses in a expac are usually fairly weak across most classes.

Neither of our tier bonuses are large jumps in dps increase like prior have been, that's for sure. 2-set comes to around 1-2% dps increase and the 4-set is a 2-4% dps increase (pretty sure we've had ones in the past that were 5%+ increase?). However most of our tier pieces are generally better itemized compared to others for that slot that it doesn't matter if it's making a set bonus.
    Yes I did notice an increase but it was like you stated above and not a huge jump. Honestly I'm at a point where my largest upgrade will come from weapons.

I came across something in the Elitist jerks thread about enhancement that would be awesome if anyone could elaborate.

Dancing Steel will be best for raiding, even though weaker in the offhand. Windsong may overcome that in later tiers. On low gear lvls, Elemental Force is better than Windsong
    The bolded part, how is that ever going to happen? Agility has been our bread and butter stat since the Cataclysm patch in WotLK, I have a hard time seeing it being surpassed by Windsong at any point this expansion unless something drastically changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I came across something in the Elitist jerks thread about enhancement that would be awesome if anyone could elaborate.

The bolded part, how is that ever going to happen? Agility has been our bread and butter stat since the Cataclysm patch in WotLK, I have a hard time seeing it being surpassed by Windsong at any point this expansion unless something drastically changes.
    When we start getting enough secondary stats that push us to certain plateaus, that's when they will be more desirable, thus making Windsong the better weapon enchant. We're already seeing across the board large stat changes in priority for different class (warriors favor crit over str) for Enh is just a matter of once we get to a certain point that we'll start to favor certain stats differently.