15+ Year Old Account

Stance of the Wise Serpent (New)

Stance of the Wise Serpent (New) Increases healing done by 0%, replaces your Energy resource with Mana, grants hit and expertise equal to 0% Spirit gained from items or effects. Increases haste from items by 0%. Your attack power is equal to 0% of your spell power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of attack power. In addition, you also gain Eminence, causing you to heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards for an amount equal to 50% of non-autoattack damage you deal.

i'm still a little new to monk healing but i understand how to heal for the most part but reading all this makes me ??? there gonna replace are chi bar and just give us a mana bar? if thats correct so this means we are just like a regular healing class now?

Just a datamining quirk. I wouldn't read too much into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say anything about chi?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

LOL you're really confused.

The only change being made to stance of the wise serpent is the increased haste received from items by 50%. You'll still be able to use chi, and instead of having an energy bar like in stance of the fierce tiger you get a mana bar, nothing new there :-P

Where are you reading that chi will be taken away? All I see with a quick skim through is that it looks like MWers will no longer have the statue, as that was what used to cause your non-auto attack damage to heal nearby allies I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnum View Post
    Where are you reading that chi will be taken away? All I see with a quick skim through is that it looks like MWers will no longer have the statue, as that was what used to cause your non-auto attack damage to heal nearby allies I believe.
    This is incorrect. Both your stance and statue provide you with Eminence, healing your nearby allies for 50% of non-auto attack damage. Which means, you heal your allies for a total of 100% of your non-auto attack damage, win

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    This is incorrect. Both your stance and statue provide you with Eminence, healing your nearby allies for 50% of non-auto attack damage. Which means, you heal your allies for a total of 100% of your non-auto attack damage, win
    Ah okay, thanks for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    Stance of the Wise Serpent (New) Increases healing done by 0%, replaces your Energy resource with Mana, grants hit and expertise equal to 0% Spirit gained from items or effects. Increases haste from items by 0%. Your attack power is equal to 0% of your spell power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of attack power. In addition, you also gain Eminence, causing you to heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards for an amount equal to 50% of non-autoattack damage you deal.

i'm still a little new to monk healing but i understand how to heal for the most part but reading all this makes me ??? there gonna replace are chi bar and just give us a mana bar? if thats correct so this means we are just like a regular healing class now?
    Just so you know, even on live right now when you enter Stance of the Wise Serpent you do get a mana bar instead of energy (as well as also using chi).

This datamined "change" is just a bug I guess with the way MMO-Champ retrieves data.

15+ Year Old Account
    To add on to the above post, make sure you are actually in the correct stance for healing when you change spec.

You should not be using an Energy Bar to heal or Fistweave.

Thank heavens those 0%'s are just datamining bugs. I went to check up on the impending mistweaver 'nerf' situation and just about died for a second, till common sense took me.

Deleted
    Always exercise common sense when it comes to PTR patch notes, it's obviously a bug, I doubt there would ever be a stance that doesn't do anything...

Thank heavens those 0%'s are just datamining bugs.
    Last edited by KernWillia; 2012-11-14 at 08:50 AM.