Poll: Do you click or keybind?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    during intense fights i dont even use my mouse, am i weird?
    wasd/1234/qrafzxcv + numpad (+sh/+alt/+ctrl)

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    I love how those that primarily use keybinds are putting down those who click. It is rather amusing.
    As a hunter, there are some moves that are far more difficult (if not impossible on a consistent basis) to click and pull off. I'm sure that there are similar scenarios for other classes. Memorizing what keys are bound where means a much easier time with situational awareness. I'm not sure how you would reason any differently.

Deleted
    I've tried fully keybinding, and mouse-moving, but when you move with the mouse you can't look around that much anymore, which I find important.

I still use 123456v for the important spells, and use alt 1-6 for if there are more. (or in cata 2 frost DK abilities on alt 2 alt 3 and 2 on 2 3)

I feel like in PVE you can be competent whether you click or keybind for the most part. In PVP theres a huge world of difference between the two though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should add, I try as much as possible to keybind things the same across characters so that the rotation is as close to the same as possible, the 'oh shit' aggro dump key is always in the same place, etc. I find it vastly reduces the likelihood I'm going to get disoriented and hit a wrong key when I switch alts.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scias904 View Post
    I feel like in PVE you can be competent whether you click or keybind for the most part. In PVP theres a huge world of difference between the two though.
    Yea if you are sub-top-200 in the world. If you are ranked higher than that you need to bind/use mouse to turn w/ aswd (a and d for strafe at least).

Everyone on here saying that they are good and click are delusional; their definition of good is pretty skewed. Being in the "top 10" on your server is pretty awful. Top 5 is meh, noteworthy. If you are good, as some are calling themselves, I would expect at least a world top 300 rank.
    (P.S. I was ranked top 100 world before I quit).

I do both. Granted the majority of my skills are keybound but I still have probably 3-5 things I tend to keep unbound depending on the character.

I keybind, I use to click and I got frustrated with people circling around me to fast so I eventually went over to keybinding and never looked back. I would encourage everyone not currently keybinding and mouse turning to give it an honest try even if you think you're doing just fine, it will feel weird at first but really try it and I guarantee that you'll never go back to keybinding. I know everyone of my friends that I got to switch over hasn't looked back.

This is NOT a question.

Keybind because you can't move and click at the same time effectively......

I run out of ideas for keybinds and have a few long cooldowns like Army of the dead or Stampede or things like lock cookies as a click button, but for anything you're using constantly it needs to be keybind

Side note : Thats some contortionist shit to do Alt/Shift/CTRL keybinds, that you can't really move while doing either.
    I do 1234567890-= and Q(F4)EFVGTHJYU.

Being a clicker in PVP is SO BAD! That I had this Warlock friend who was a clicker. When he had half his pvp gear together and my Hunter just hit 90, I beat him. Then later when he had full pvp gear and my Monk just turned 90, I beat him even on that big of a gear difference......... Clicking = Super bad
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-11-13 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Yea if you are sub-top-200 in the world. If you are ranked higher than that you need to bind/use mouse to turn w/ aswd (a and d for strafe at least).

Everyone on here saying that they are good and click are delusional; their definition of good is pretty skewed. Being in the "top 10" on your server is pretty awful. Top 5 is meh, noteworthy. If you are good, as some are calling themselves, I would expect at least a world top 300 rank.
    Chill out bro. There are plenty of people who keybind and are not 'top 10' anywhere.

Keybinding does not automatically make you a good player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I do both. I bind my usual rotation (and interrupts) to 1-6 and F1 to F4, and click my cooldowns.

EDIT: I also both keyboard turn and mouse turn.
    That's pretty much what I do. I use 1-6, F1-F4, R, T and Middle mouse button (although I leave the scroll as camera control as I adjust it fairly often) but click any cds. Usually R and T will be my sprint if I have the or a less used abilities (death's grip and death's advance on my DK) and the middle mouse button will be my interrupt or taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    1000% Keybind
    There's no alternative. If you aren't binding, you aren't playing to your full potential, period. Clicking is a beginner mistake, most people not familiar with this type of game make this mistake. I made it, my friends made it and people in my guild still do it, some of which have been playing since Vanilla. It can be hard to try and help people who click because they immediately go on the defensive and assume you're calling them bad players. You WILL NOT find high level players anywhere on any site recommend clicking. You're never going to be playing better than someone who binds and has the same experience. You may think, oh well, I've been playing for years and I do fine...well there's what you feel is fine and reality. You will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage in this game as a clicker, especially in pvp. I bind everything...all abilities and cooldowns, food and mounts mainly for pvp purposes, healthstones and similar items...the only thing I don't bind is my hearth. Macros are another thing you need to get comfortable with if you want to be a good player. I've been completely out of macro space since beginning of Cata. I promise once you learn these 2 things you will never ever look back. Clicking comes with the 2 worst things you can do in this game, keyboard turning and backpedaling...making you slow and a perfect target in pvp.

I started by using ~ through 4 or 5, then moved on to some letters, mainly F. Now I'm using pretty much everything near my left hand, ~-6, R, T, F, G, H, V, B, F1, F2 and just about every button on the side of a Razer Naga. Now I also use all these buttons with modifiers which are Shift, ctrl and alt. Trust me, once you combine multiple binds, macros and modifiers, you start to see the real difference between clicking and binding. It's not hard and becomes second nature when you get used to it.

I always tell people it's like this: You can play a piano with both hands and read your music or you can stare at your keys and point to and play each key with a stick. This topic is one I feel strongly about so I decided to finally, after years of lurking, make an account. More people need to be aware of this and the game will become much better for them.

Edit
    : Why do you think the lowest rank of a poster is "Keyboard turner".
    Edit 2: Yet another thing is your UI will be much smaller and cleaner when you don't have to stare at it and find buttons to click. Also, you won't have tooltips popping up like crazy as you hover over, making for a better video if you ever want to record.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2012-11-13 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    So I haven't seen any discussions or polls on this topic
    I searched 'click', over 1000 topic results, atleast 10% must be about this exact 'question'........... And no, there is no question, there is no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post

Take a chill pill there captain. There's a difference between being competent as a casual raider and someone who wants to be #1 in the world (which not every one wants to be) and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Chill out bro. There are plenty of people who keybind and are not 'top 10' anywhere.

Keybinding does not automatically make you a good player.
    But clicking makes you a bad player and that can't be argued.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    1000% Keybind
    I always tell people it's like this: You can play a piano with both hands and read your music or you can stare at your keys and point to and play each key with a stick. This topic is one I feel strongly about so I decided to finally, after years of lurking, make an account. More people need to be aware of this and the game will become much better for them.

Edit: Why do you think the lowest rank of a poster is "Keyboard turner".
    I like that analogy lol good post

Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    I think maybe a PVE Arcane Mage could get away with being a clicker and nobody would know it, but other than that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    Clicking doesn't really make you "bad"

It just makes you terribly slow, unresponsive and overall makes your play very clunky, in my opinion.

So basically, it's like a skilled driver trying to race in a crappy car, the car holds him back from performing his best. Although if he ever wants to get anywhere in a racing career, they're going to have to get a better car (Keybinding).
    Last edited by Zelendorf; 2012-11-13 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    It's not so much putting down, more like advice.
    From some of the posters in this thread yes, it is advice. From others though they call people who still click "bad", "fail" and the such. Hence why I find it hilarious that people are putting down those who click.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mouse turn, I keybind combat abilities and I don't bother binding buffs and other abilities that I don't need on a split second notice.

I don't need to bind fortitude. I don't need to bind inner fire. I don't need to bind a few other utilities either, like mage tables or poisons.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-11-13 at 06:23 PM.
    Putin khuliyo