Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Will of the Emperor 10n possible with no melee other than tanks?

Our setup:
    Prot pala
    prot war
    fire mage
    destro lock
    elem
    Shadow priest
    Surv hunter
    Monk heal
    Holy priest
    Resto druid

So is it possible? or do we have to recruit melee?

Deleted
    Surely it's easier with no melee? o.o

Who will tank the Strengths?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    demo lock with Dark Apotheosis

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Yes just get your hunter to misdirect the strength to himself so he can tank it away from the group.

Also tell your lock to go Affliction. It destroys on this fight and you don't even have to play it completely correct. Just Drain soul off the adds and DoT up everything in sight.

hunter pet? warlock pet? or just kite them, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    Our setup:
    Prot pala
    prot war
    fire mage
    destro lock
    elem
    Shadow priest
    Surv hunter
    Monk heal
    Holy priest
    Resto druid

So is it possible? or do we have to recruit melee?
    yes make your lock go demo and pop wings for to "tank" str add

Strengths don't even melee anyone, they just run around and spam that stun crap on people. Yes, you can easily do this fight with no melee other than tanks.

"Emperor's Strength spawn from alcoves located half-way between the center and the sides of the arena (they jump from alcoves located above ground level, so to see them lighting red you need to look up). They have normal threat tables, but do not melee their main aggro target. They regularly cast Energizing Smash."

our first week of normals i tanked the strengths for our kill. an affliction lock replenishes his soul shards so fast from all the adds in the fight that blasting the strength with 4 haunts easily gets you threat over everyone else.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

For All of Our Kills. Being a Hunter I just ES it Run away from the group. Avoid his Smash... GG

I guess I am a firm believer in using heroic strats in normal modes, and you wont be doing any of the above in heroics. To each their own I guess.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I guess I am a firm believer in using heroic strats in normal modes, and you wont be doing any of the above in heroics. To each their own I guess.
    ya after our first kill we had our rogue tanking the strength to prepare for heroics
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

As a Paladin, I could tank easily a few strengths with 3 Holy Power and Persuit of Justice while keeping up mild dps on all of them.

strength does zero damage if you dont get hit by smashes i tank it as a moonkin all the time

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    strength does zero damage if you dont get hit by smashes i tank it as a moonkin all the time
    I don't know how this point is getting overlooked by people that have killed the Heroic version.. the only difference is the spark management after you kill it. Strength still do 0 damage if people don't stand in the big slam circle, no matter what class. For the sake of controlling where they die I can understand the need to 'tank' it, but as far as who does that, it doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    I don't know how this point is getting overlooked by people that have killed the Heroic version.. the only difference is the spark management after you kill it. Strength still do 0 damage if people don't stand in the big slam circle, no matter what class. For the sake of controlling where they die I can understand the need to 'tank' it, but as far as who does that, it doesn't matter at all.
    on heroic mode melee spend ALOT less time on the boss than range do, so on heroic to get more dmg on the boss, you want a melee on the strength and not a range. on normal it doesnt matter who tanks it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    on heroic mode melee spend ALOT less time on the boss than range do, so on heroic to get more dmg on the boss, you want a melee on the strength and not a range. on normal it doesnt matter who tanks it.
    I know, but as far as staying relevant to OP's question, it seemed odd that nobody was really confirming that notion. Oh well, OP's question answered, moving on!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    I think the point is, since you tank the Strength away, as a ranged you might be out of range for multidotting/dpsing other adds. You also can't do your max DPS to the Strength because you have to move from circles. Melee on the other hand pretty much do their full DPS + 25% because it's just a huge stationary dummy.

IF you have a melee, it's a lot better for them to tank it rather than a range. If you have no melee, well then, it's not like a melee can tank it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    It's only easier if your melee fail the dance over and over and over. But yes, it's easily doable with no melee at all as well.

Also, to the people saying to just tank the Strength's away, why? if your DPS is half decent it'll die before reaching the ranged group. Sorry but 10n is a cakewalk.

This week the melee (2 in a 10 man) just stayed on the boss 100% of the time. the mage tanked the strengths as they don't melee attack, so when you see the circle, move out of it. the tanks have an ongoing bet to see who can get the most opportunistic strikes and our warrior always wins.. so the mage then decided to see if he could stun the warrior during devastating combo. warrior still won.

technically nothing in the fight forces ranged either. you could do it with 100% melee + tanks/healers if you wanted, would just be more difficult