Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I agree with the OP completely.

I have been doing dailies consistently, not because I need the VP gear, but because I loved the factions, the quests are fun and I like reputation grinding.

I am nearly Exalted on most of them, and guess what I found out? I now need over 20.000 Valor Points to get that gear! That will take me what, 3 or 4 months?

There is absolutely no need to run all factions everyday. I myself, being a daily whore, am doing just 2 factions at each time. And still I am nearly Exalted with most of them!

People will run dailies like crazy, cap their reputation and then realize this was notnecessary, since now they have to wait for the Valor Points. And in the meantime, they will get better gear from HoF and ToES. And then they will realize they don't need Valor gear anymore!

And even worse, they will whine that there is nothing to do in Pandaria. I am just waiting for the coming complaints...

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Crafting will get you loot,go level it. Rep will get out loot,go do your dailies. Darkmoon trinkets will give you very good trinkets, go farm the gold or work your inscriptionist to make your cards. Doing your dailies greens will drop and perhaps if you are lucky a world drop along with gold from dailies. Here is another one for ya, go join a raiding guild and raid,get loot. How mundane is that idea? Sha?Galleon? It all comes down people being lazy or not good enough.

We dumped a raid member because he was horrible dps but he had been in the guild since it started. We told him to read up on his class because for his gear his dps was horrid and he said like others on here he didnt have time. He leveled other toons to 90, he farmed for pets and other non useful things that had no impact on his dps in raids. If you don't want to put any effort into it then maybe you should quit,it takes 10-15min to figure out your basic stats and rotation.
    Crafting: Done
    Darkmoon trinkets: Was done but decided to unsub so I gave it to a friend
    Sha: Done every week since launch. Nothing dropped. Got quest boots a month or so ago
    Galleon: Haven't seen him or any groups going for him
    Raiding: I could theoretically fit raiding into my schedule and life all over again and go through the hassle and head ache of starting all over. My friends all quit and the people I liked to raid with don't have the stomach anymore. Even with all of that I would be willing to do it, if I could spend valor without doing dailies because without that I'm stuck at RNG over boss loot.

I've been raiding since vanilla to various degrees. I am not lazy by any means I simply don't like the options provided to me. Actually even saying that I've got revered with almost all the factions. I think shado pan is still honored. Long term I don't like it though and won't be participating in it. The valor gear has no business being tied to rep. If it's all totally optional I don't see the harm in removing the requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Nah, they dont need a cash shop. They are counting on people not lapsing on their subscription with this newly rekindled love affair with time sinks. The trouble is, like it or not, the player base have just had two xpacs where we werent getting whipped on the hamster wheel of grinding for our fun. The dailies I don't mind one bit and I think most of the outcry is exaggerated, but this VP/CP upgrade serves no other purpose than making us play almost twice as long before unlocking the true potential of our gear which is going to upset a whole lot more people than a bunch of daily quests could possibly hope to do. But have no fear, when the subs start sliding because everything now takes twice as long, including dropping aggro from a bunch of mobs in pursuit, then Blizzard will perform one of their famous U-turns a'la 4.3 and Cata's hard dungeons philosophy and it will be safe to return. WoW aint going anywhere soon, but if Blizzard dont stop going to extremes every xpac over voiced complaints over the previous instead of finding a nice middle ground and sticking to it then they are going to bleed a lot of unnecessary subs.
    Too bad to get into raids and too lazy to do dailies. That pretty much sums up the masses as I see it everyday on my bad server. Our raiding guild is only 240 in the world but you can see it so clearly. People sit in trade bitching about how time consuming all of this is yet they could have already done all of their dailies in the time they were complaining. I know most of the people complaining and they aren't good enough for any decent raiding guild so they feel left out and bitch about it. You can go out and do something about it doing dailies and getting better at your class or you can whine. I see mostly whining here and in the time all of these posts have been written a lot of them could have gone and read up on their classes becoming better players possibly. That might help with a raid spot and getting the gear you do not want to put any time in for.

This game isn't difficult unless you make it that way. Learn your rotation, spec, reforge and know the boss fights. That will get you a raid spot and if you have your own raid team together for years then maybe you will progress and be known as a good guild and will get new raiders. For being together for 7 years as a guild and losing two people slowed you down that much, you must've been pretty bad or you would have no problem recruiting.

I think the thousands threatening to leave would make Wow a better game as a whole. Not having to nerf every xpac would be a nice start to Wow regaining some reputation to the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I agree with the OP completely.

I have been doing dailies consistently, not because I need the VP gear, but because I loved the factions, the quests are fun and I like reputation grinding.

I am nearly Exalted on most of them, and guess what I found out? I now need over 20.000 Valor Points to get that gear! That will take me what, 3 or 4 months?

There is absolutely no need to run all factions everyday. I myself, being a daily whore, am doing just 2 factions at each time. And still I am nearly Exalted with most of them!

People will run dailies like crazy, cap their reputation and then realize this was notnecessary, since now they have to wait for the Valor Points. And in the meantime, they will get better gear from HoF and ToES. And then they will realize they don't need Valor gear anymore!

And even worse, they will whine that there is nothing to do in Pandaria. I am just waiting for the coming complaints...
    best post in thread, thank you, this is exactly how I feel; the gear is really nothing to me I just do the dailies for the lesser charms (roll on the sha mount), and the reputation, currently at 65 exalted i think now.

edit: if i did raid id love this new system tbh since i already have 4 epics from raid finder and 1 from golden lotus,and another from sha and have yet to enter a normal raid...

Dailies are stuff to do while you're waiting for your pants-on-head *heroic* to queue. They're simple, earn gold, and go unbelievably quickly if you group up. (even if you don't, they're hardly that time consuming)

If you really think they're some sort of agonizing grind, you must be new to MMO's.

If you're complaining that you have to do this for all your characters, then indecision on your part isn't Blizzards problem. Pick your favorite toon and stick with it.

I think the thousands threatening to leave would make Wow a better game as a whole. Not having to nerf every xpac would be a nice start to Wow regaining some reputation to the gaming community.
    This is elitist blithering and is detached from reality. No, if the great masses are unhappy, and start leaving, it will not be good for the game in the way you seem to be suggesting. The game will be changed so they stop leaving. Look at what happened to Garalon in LFR when that encounter became a problem -- three successive nerfs in a single week.

After Cataclysm, Blizzard has used up their mulligan. They have to keep people now, no more second chances are available.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is elitist blithering and is detached from reality. No, if the great masses are unhappy, and start leaving, it will not be good for the game in the way you seem to be suggesting. The game will be changed so they stop leaving. Look at what happened to Garalon in LFR when that encounter became a problem -- three successive nerfs in a single week.

After Cataclysm, Blizzard has used up their mulligan. They have to keep people now, no more second chances are available.
    Garalon is a good example of how watered down the player base is. People can or will not follow very simple basic directions given to them. They will jump all over and die to dumb shit like a idiot. Call me a elitest as it isn't a put down to me. It is like calling out someone smart for reading a book or getting more education later in life. You want things nerfed because you are either too bad or too lazy to do any of the numerous things listed in this thread to get gear.

Thousands was mentioned, not millions, so try and get that part correct first. The reason Wow is laughed at in the gaming community is because of this right here. Constant whining about things being too difficult or taking too long. Dailies dont take long when you know how to play your class. You can burn through them and you dont have to be exalted with every faction. You check atlas loot and see what factions have the pieces you need. Or read the class forum that will have a list of items that you should get with each faction but you won't do any of that. Odds are a lot of people are in casual/social guilds not because they really want to be but because they wouldn't put up numbers needed or stand in fire. This the reality of wow, if you put up good numbers you can do well in a raiding guild and progress quickly. Or you stay with friends who aren't as good and struggle through progression saying wow is too hard and wait for raid nerfs.

Everyone in Wow chooses their direction in the game. Everyone. So if you choose to raid with a social/casual guild then you shouldn't bitch about bosses being too hard because you chose to go that direction. If you raid with a raiding guild with good players then you might even say that content is too easy as some guilds are 1-2 shotting end game bosses. You chose what you do in wow whether is by your game play,good or bad, or by the dailies you chose to do or not do.

Thousands was mentioned, not millions, so try and get that part correct first.
    Sorry, I was ignoring your exercise in rectonumerology. You don't know how many are unhappy with this game design. Nor do you know how many have to be unhappy before Blizzard caves in. Do you think millions quit over Garalon to prompt that nerf blitz?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Ok. So in response to all this arguing I'm going to say this. I would like to get into hardcore raiding again (maybe not so much hardcore but semi-hardcore since I can only play on weekends) now theoretically I could do this without touching a daily quest. HOWEVER! If I were to apply or join a raiding guild that was even half serious about raiding they would want me to have the best gear, the best gems and best enchants.

Here's the issue..... I FUCKING HATE QUESTING! And that is why I HATE dailies, questing is possibly the worst part of the game for me. I like everything else but questing and this is where the problem lies to me. To force (Yes force since you do need the best stuff if you are serious about raiding) players to do something that they might not like doing without offering an alternative to achieve the same thing is wrong. Why not if they are so worried about tabards making stuff to easy maybe... Just spitballing here. Maybe they should cap the rep you can gain per day much like they did with guild rep back in cata and wearing a tabard only gets you like 1 or 2 rep per mob.

Would that not be a good alternative to daily grinding? That way doing dailies is still valuable and possibly even more effective but players who want to not quest can skip it.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    I'm not sure about WoW dying, but I fully agree with his situation. Dailies are boring. LFR is terrible. Heroics are too easy and boring. Challenge modes don't give you gear. PvP is a broken mess. If you can't raid in MoP, what FUN method of progressing your character is left? I didn't want to do dailies or LFR, so I stopped playing, because there was nothing else I could do at 90 to progress my character.
    I agree with you on the boring dailies, heroics, and some PVP balance is needed right now... but I'm loving the pet battles lol, maybe until I get all the related achievements

Yea, I don't think that the thread meant that WOW is dying (It's not) but it died for him. I recently resubbed to test out MOP since I took a nice 1.5 year break after cata's "Zindalari Patch." I'm a vanilla player and my favorite expac was BC. Loved the raiding progression model and I despise "Heroic Modes." Basically fight the same boss with extra abilities and he does more damage. I have recently unsubbed from MOP and will now quit wow for good. The game just isnt as new and exciting for me and I am sure it has alot to do that with the fact that I have been playing consistently for 7 years. 7 years ago I was a 17 year old high school kid with nothing going on who fell in love with this game. 7 years later, I have graduated from college and have started a new job in my field... Things have drastically changed and the game that I fell in fell in love with does not appeal to me anymore. RIP WOW (For me)

Sorry, I was ignoring your exercise in rectonumerology. You don't know how many are unhappy with this game design. Nor do you know how many have to be unhappy before Blizzard caves in. Do you think millions quit over Garalon to prompt that nerf blitz?
    It seems from your posts that you want everything nerfed? Dailies,raids,etc. Do you do anything that is a challenge besides whining that game designers have ego's because they produce raid bosses that are too hard for your one last firing synapse? From all of your posts i only see a whiny child lashing out because he isn't picked for the games and has to sit and watch people with actual heart beats complete the tier easily. I mean every post whining about a difficulty in every aspect of the game? Why do you even play? Hello Kitty was made for you, go give it a shot and make sure to post what nerfs are needed for you to handle the content.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    Ok. So in response to all this arguing I'm going to say this. I would like to get into hardcore raiding again (maybe not so much hardcore but semi-hardcore since I can only play on weekends) now theoretically I could do this without touching a daily quest. HOWEVER! If I were to apply or join a raiding guild that was even half serious about raiding they would want me to have the best gear, the best gems and best enchants.

Here's the issue..... I FUCKING HATE QUESTING! And that is why I HATE dailies, questing is possibly the worst part of the game for me. I like everything else but questing and this is where the problem lies to me. To force (Yes force since you do need the best stuff if you are serious about raiding) players to do something that they might not like doing without offering an alternative to achieve the same thing is wrong. Why not if they are so worried about tabards making stuff to easy maybe... Just spitballing here. Maybe they should cap the rep you can gain per day much like they did with guild rep back in cata and wearing a tabard only gets you like 1 or 2 rep per mob.

Would that not be a good alternative to daily grinding? That way doing dailies is still valuable and possibly even more effective but players who want to not quest can skip it.
    This is what sets you apart from the many applications good raiding guilds receive daily. Do you have most of the pieces that you could get on your own? Most applicants do that apply to a good raiding guild. If you don't then usually we stop right there and ask you why. Is your crafting maxed and do you have all of the pieces you could make? Are you getting rep with the correct factions for your class and spec. If someone quits on something as simple as dailies then how are they going to push progression and take the time to know boss fights? Will they know their class/spec?Reforging and so on. Doing dailies is a small part of raiding compared to grinding spirits at night to make gear for guildies or running alt runs to gear alts since melee is not favorable on most heroic content.

No need to bother. Your criticism is valid but the blithering elitists won't hear it anyway. They'll continue to pretend nothing is wrong until Blizzard makes the necessary changes. I'd rather not have to wait but it's their business. If they want to lose money and shoot themselves in the head well more power to them.

I'm not sure about WoW dying, but I fully agree with his situation. Dailies are boring. LFR is terrible. Heroics are too easy and boring. Challenge modes don't give you gear. PvP is a broken mess. If you can't raid in MoP, what FUN method of progressing your character is left? I didn't want to do dailies or LFR, so I stopped playing, because there was nothing else I could do at 90 to progress my character.
    ya i've unsubbed as well

I feel like dailys is there answer to keep casuals busy, well i've grinded every faction to exalted and it's something I have no interest in doing on more than one toon. lfr is once a week, heroics are a zergfest, pvp too is probably the most unbalanced it's been, i've just been logging on to farm.

MoP seems to be holding my interest the least out of all the expansions, guess I'm kind of suprised since it was supposed to be such an overhaul of the game.

Dailies aren't mandatory I don't care who says they are. LFR isn't for true raiders yet they declare it is because it exists. Heroics aren't for a challenge they are designed to be easy because Cataclysm heroics failed and are a major reason that the game lost subs. Challenge modes aren't for gearing up, its to show you are amazing by giving you shit to stand out like the whiny minority wanted, and finally PVP has ALWAYS been a broken mess. Seriously, stop crying about it.

So ... the game only exists of LFR and Dailies? You can do those fast heroics and move right on to normals, believe it or not it is very possible to skip those two and do the normals. So you could raid, you just refused to see that because 2 things you hated appeared to be in your way some how, which I obviously cannot see it. Also on the note of the dailies, I would love to point out that it is the 1%'s fault that they were blocked behind dailies to start with. The forums was filled with wanna be "hard core" raiders who declared the Valor gear on the vendor was making their gear less awesome and that the "bads" didn't need amazing raid gear if they were not going to raid. Blizzard listened enough and said "Fine, we will move it and make it harder to get." Now their is bitching its not easy to get and requires an extra step in effort to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Wtf? I like molten front dailies because the place gets upgraded as you progress and it has many cool vanity items, can someone explain why people whine(d) about it?

And LFR? Pretty well balanced imo, not so good loot but gives you good intro on bosses and they are mostly one-shottable.
    Agree, I realy like that phasing idea, and yeah it took long time becasue there was just few quest everyday, so no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    ya i've unsubbed as well

I feel like dailys is there answer to keep casuals busy, well i've grinded every faction to exalted and it's something I have no interest in doing on more than one toon. lfr is once a week, heroics are a zergfest, pvp too is probably the most unbalanced it's been, i've just been logging on to farm.

MoP seems to be holding my interest the least out of all the expansions, guess I'm kind of suprised since it was supposed to be such an overhaul of the game.
    The dailies were SO boring you grinded to exalted for nothing more than vanity rewards.

You quit because you burned yourself out. It's called lack of self-control, you'll be back in a month because you're an addict.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with dailies is a pr failure. They are not required because similar gear drops in lfr and the food bonuses are small.

But blizz never made that clear so when DREAM paragon said jump, players qqed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No need to bother. Your criticism is valid but the blithering elitists won't hear it anyway. They'll continue to pretend nothing is wrong until Blizzard makes the necessary changes. I'd rather not have to wait but it's their business. If they want to lose money and shoot themselves in the head well more power to them.
    Nothing is wrong because:

- we talk 10.000.000 total paying subscriptions worldwide for a game that's over 8 years old.
    - cross server play will keep WOW players in the open worlds of Azeroth for the next decades.

You DO know that a region wide 200K number of cross server players would mean a populated world of Azeroth with ... 20 TIMES more players than the biggest WOW server could held in 2012 ???

So let's see for the haters: ... in the future WOW would have 20 times MORE visible players in Azeroth when they would loose 94% of their current player base.

Ouch ! Bad times for the haters I guess... I can understand why this CRZ thing is the start of the worst fear of all WOW haterz...: the thing will live forever...

Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-13 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    There IS something seriously wrong with this expansion. The level of grind has increased markedly. Rep is not the worst of it -- the VP grind for item upgrades after 5.1 goes live is going to cause spectacular complaining.

Never has the hamster treadmill been so blatantly obvious. My theory is this is all a setup for when they roll out a cash shop where you'll be able to shortcircuit the grind by buying VP.
    not really, you have 1000 valor cap weekly anyway.