Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Marijuana doesn't really trump federal law. It's really up in the air whether or not the feds will enforce federal drug law in the two states that voted to legalize recreational marijuana use.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:53 PM ----------

Texas has a national guard and several military bases. Not saying they'd win, but it's not exactly a pushover.
    Most of those military bases are US army, not "texas army", their duty would be to help put down any insurrection. The Texas national guard wouldn't be able to do shit against federal forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Signed, If they want out send them to Mexico.
    I don't think Mexico can afford them.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    must be true because ebt cards have only been around since obama started right.....

also the cell phones is to help people get a job Aka call for interviews and to get one you must be getting some short of government help.

Look guys another Republican who thinks the government should not help there people. news flash the government works for there people not the other way around.
    Of course its true. Junior, the last republican president, obviously didn't give a crap about most Americans.
    So most people obviously didn't have a reason to vote for another republican presidential wannabe.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Of course its true. Junior, the last republican president, obviously didn't give a crap about most Americans.
    So most people obviously didn't have a reason to vote for Romney.
    yep kinda why gas was 4.50$ nation wide the last couple months he was in office lol.

Edit: Just noticing in my area gas is the most low it has been in like 5 years......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    WTH even states won by Obama want to secede? I knew those retarded Cubans here in Florida wouldn't give up. I hope all of those fossils die already, they are still stupidly waiting for a republican president to invade cuba to liberate their land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep kinda why gas was 4.50$ nation wide the last couple months he was in office lol.

Edit: Just noticing in my area gas is the most low it has been in like 5 years......
    Shhhh... Don't let the republicans know. They'll start blaming it on Obamacare.

must be true because ebt cards have only been around since obama started right.....

also the cell phones is to help people get a job Aka call for interviews and to get one you must be getting some short of government help.
    They may have been called food stamps when obama was elected, not sure when they got the fancy credit card. Obama did however take away the work requirement to receive these benefits. Combine that with high taxes on successful people and im waking up at 6am everyday for what reason?

You dont need your own cell phone to call for a job interview, they are uncapped mins with texting...

He is taking money from people who dont support him to give to people who do, this will keep the democrats in power for a long time.

Cant blame texas for wanting out, they are a success while the democratic area's that got obama elected are bankrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    They may have been called food stamps when obama was elected, not sure when they got the fancy credit card. Obama did however take away the work requirement to receive these benefits. Combine that with high taxes on successful people and im waking up at 6am everyday for what reason?

You dont need your own cell phone to call for a job interview, they are uncapped mins with texting...

He is taking money from people who dont support him to give to people who do, this will keep the democrats in power for a long time.

Cant blame texas for wanting out, they are a success while the democratic area's that got obama elected are bankrupt.
    Im sure Texas is doing great but can you say the same about other red states?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Im sure Texas is doing great but can you say the same about other red states?
    Yes if were comparing them to the blue states. No if were comparing them to texas or alaska.

here you go.. sign it

petition to deport everyone who signed to withdraw from the U.S.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...erica/dmQl1bXL

They have always been called food stamps but the card is called EBT and has been around since 2005 or so it did not just happen when he came in.

They are also not uncapped mins it is 250mins a month and that dose count texting.

And republican took from the pore to give to the rich ever since bush got in office tell me how can a guy fix in 4 years what a man destroyed over 8.

Also Obama can't do shit unless congress pass's it and at the time there was more reps then dems in congress.

"tip: Facts are things you need then u come to a convo"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Europe is uniting into a federal state and us is going apart??...nah i don`t believe that. In fact i wouldn't`t be surprised to see a federation of asian or arab states. same as those 2 federal states.(even if EU is not yet a federal state like US)

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a distinct lack of "the usual suspects" when it comes to the Republican posters on this board since the election, wonder why? The funny part is, I doubt any of them make more than 250k a year, which is the break point for Obama's desired tax hikes. Everyone over 250k was going to get tax hikes while everyone under that was to remain about the same. I seriously doubt any of our MMO Champ Republican buddies makes more than 250k, much less 50k.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    When were fox news and the right wing nuts ever not delusional?
    Fox never, the Right was not delusional in the 80's and prior. Reagan and Clinton were the two best Republican Presidents. ((yes I know technically he was a Dem, but look at what he did cut taxes made the government smaller and promoted American business. These are the actions of a Republican.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Isnt the petition to get it on the ballot? Isnt that how things get on the ballot?

State rights are just that, allowing them to ignore federal law opens up a loophole.
    Lincoln made it so a State could not secede from the union. While pot is a Federal crime, it is not a state crime. Meaning the cops in the states that made it legal will not arrest or prosecute pot offense, how ever the DEA a federal agency can still arrest you and charge you Federally. This has been happening in California to the pot clinics, they were everywhere and now Federal agents are closing them down and arresting people, even though it is legal in California.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fox never, the Right was not delusional in the 80's and prior. Reagan and Clinton were the two best Republican Presidents. ((yes I know technically he was a Dem, but look at what he did cut taxes made the government smaller and promoted American business. These are the actions of a Republican.))
    Clinton and Obama are both classical Republicans, carrying the same beliefs that Republicans had in the successful parts of the 20th century. Shooting down big corporations and promoting small business. Their fiscal stances are actually pretty conservative but they promote small business (which creates jobs) and bust down big corporations (which decimate jobs and destroy local economies). Meanwhile the modern Republicans of the 21st century seem to be pandering to big business and big corporations, which you can be sure is the last thing this country needs. That's not even fiscally irresponsible, that's fiscally retarded. Someone needs to bust up Exxon Mobil, like Standard Oil was busted up by Taft (a classical republican).
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Lincoln made it so a State could not secede from the union. While pot is a Federal crime, it is not a state crime. Meaning the cops in the states that made it legal will not arrest or prosecute pot offense, how ever the DEA a federal agency can still arrest you and charge you Federally. This has been happening in California to the pot clinics, they were everywhere and now Federal agents are closing them down and arresting people, even though it is legal in California.
    And that is one of the major problems with the US in my opinion there should not be state laws and federal laws they should just be one set of laws. cause it just proves anything state dose federal can overule.

Boohoo, everyone is skint due to a global recession in which all the major countries are guilty of spending money they didn't have. While I sympathise, trying to create rifts, despite being unintentional, will be your undoing.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    My apologies, I really shouldn't tease but they make it so damn easy too. Some of these "conservatives" were so determined to believe that Obama would be the next Marx, Lenin, or Stalin, that him actually being nothing of the sort has just left them adrift in a sea of aimless hostility. Like this petition.

The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/BmdWCP8B

1. The United states does not actually suffer economic difficulties because of the federal government's neglect. It suffers difficulties because its political leadership keeps getting suckered into thinking that something will help but actually hurts. Examples being outsourcing/offshoring and the repeal of Glass-Steagall.

2. Citizens do not suffer blatant abuses by things like the NDAA or TSA. Detention-wise, the NDAA only affirms what had already been granted by the AUMF. In fact, Texas is one of the states that is not opposed to indefinite detention. While the TSA? If you don't want to be searched before getting on a plane, then just drive instead.

3. Texas fails to actually "maintain a balanced budget." Previously using federal stimulus money, and now gimmicks, to pretend they "balanced" it.

4. Texas leaving the Union would not "secure" its citizens' standard of living. If anything, it would put it at even greater risk given the withdrawal of all the support provided by federal agencies and programs, like Medicaid, Social Security, etc, etc... Not to mention that federal laws, like antitrust, would no longer apply, taking away its protections.

5. Since the United States Supreme Court is the official interpreter, so to speak, of our founding fathers' ideas and beliefs as passed down to us through the constitution. Separating themselves from that body's oversight would hardly "secure" their rights or liberties. If anything, it would put their rights and liberties in even greater jeopardy.

Their claims just don't hold up very well to any sort of serious examination.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-14 at 12:34 AM.