Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Only problem with hyjal is the third(?) boss, who has a nasty tendancy to put doom on you (which insta-kills you)
    As a paladin, you can bubble the first one, but you're toast by the time the second comes around, so you'll need monster dps to kill him before he kills you (or hope he dosen't reset between attempts)
    4th boss.
    but... doom on tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Don't know about the others, but already did all of ICC apart from Gunship, Blood Queen and Valithria at level 85.
    Valithria should be possible with battle healer glyphed and perhaps soft-enrage adds, at least on 10man.
    Only problem with hyjal is the third(?) boss, who has a nasty tendancy to put doom on you (which insta-kills you)

As a paladin, you can bubble the first one, but you're toast by the time the second comes around, so you'll need monster dps to kill him before he kills you (or hope he dosen't reset between attempts)
    Wat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Valithria should be possible with battle healer glyphed and perhaps soft-enrage adds, at least on 10man.
    Most likely yes. I haven't revisited ICC after MoP came out.

Azgalor's Doom can't be applied to whoever is first on threat, unless they changed that recently. If you are soloing, you should be safe.

Has a paladin soloed Magmaw? I saw a video of a dk, and one of a warlock doing it. And as far as I know that's all that's soloed it. Monks did in beta, but apparently their healing isn't what it used to be. But anyway...has any paladin done it?

Anyone try FL regular/heroic yet? Is it doable? I still need a Rag's hammer!

Typically I solo as Ret, unless the fight calls for the need of Prot's defenses.

Cleared Content as Ret (at 85 or higher)

Classic
    Molten Core - Full Clear, maybe 1hr time spent
    Blackwing Lair - Currently need help with Razorgore due to mechanics, will be soloable in 5.1 due to changes, can solo the rest laughable, roughly 1.5 hours
    AQ40 - Bug Trio might be at 90 (not tested), Vicidius will be in 5.1 with changes incoming, C'Thun isn't due to mechanics (unless you bring Ouro into the fight). Rest was all solo'd at 85 (yes, even Twin Emps, could out-DPS the healing at about a 385-390 ilevel at 85)

Burning Crusade
    Magtheridon - Done, laughable.
    Gruul's Lair - High King fight can be dicey, gotta nuke those CCers fast, take out the fear-using one first.
    Karazhan - Soloable back at 80. Had to cheese Netherspite back then mind you to avoid the beam mechanics.
    Serpentshrine Cavern - Mostly soloable, sucks having mana for the one naga warlord boss with adds, cause he explodes mana users painfully. Vashj can be very difficult to solo, alot of adds.
    Tempest Keep - Soloable back at 85 as Ret. Kael's fight is only about 15min long now at 90 as Ret. Barely need to use the healing mace (which do note: It does NOT trigger off of Word of Glory, use Flash of Light, Selfless Healer is an awesome talent for the fight)
    Mount Hyjal - Laughably easy to solo. Just be sure to run from the DnD on the first boss, it's %Health based damage.
    Black Temple - Mostly soloable, not tested myself, always gone with a couple friends (some who need Warglaives).
    Sunwell Plateau - Mostly soloable, Kaelcgos is an exception due to mechanics. Not personally tested.

I haven't tested any raids from Wrath and on yet myself, excluding a couple bosses from Vault at 85, Malygos, and Onyxia. All are pretty easy to handle now at 90. Just not had the time to plug into more of these yet.

I know Sacred Shield is tempting, but I feel Selfless Healer is a far stronger option for soloing old content, unless a boss applies a healing reduction debuff. Then the absorb wins, hands down.

Prot I would only use as damage becomes too high to handle as Ret, but you can just as easily switch to Seal of Insight as Ret, sacrificing a bit of DPS for some self-healing (too bad Glyph of Battle Healer won't heal us too).

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Azgalor's Doom can't be applied to whoever is first on threat, unless they changed that recently. If you are soloing, you should be safe.
    Myself and 2 friends went in, and blew him up before he even cast it once. This is also why going as Ret, not Prot, for any TBC or Classic content is worth it more: We can blow stuff up so hard, so fast. And yes, he never casts it on the "tank".
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-11-08 at 09:13 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Tbh if you switch to Seal of Light you should also swap to 1h+shield for faster heals, Also keep in mind when going prot that with the vengeance changes you will barely do any dps/healing in raids up to cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Id say Pally is right behind DK. Hunter doesnt really solo anything, their pet does. See what a Hunter can do without a pet out and it isnt much. Basically Hunters arent soloing anything they are 3 manning stuff because they have a tank, a healer, and a DPS. I remember seeing pally videos of them soloing Wrath Heroics in only Naxx gear. But thats when Raekwon or whatever his name is took over and all you saw since then were DK videos. I still cant find good pally solo vids.
    Well then, I guess blood dk's and paladins aren't soloing anything either because they can heal themselves pretty well, so they're really everything, too. Dps, tank, and heals! All in one! How can that be soloing?
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
    ok... how the hell do you beat kael in TK. I spread them out, then try and kill the chick first, but they seem to run to her and then i am screwed.. and can you solo Hyjal? Haven't tried that one yet.

you can spread the adds out in the whole instance, not just the room.

yes, whole hyjal has been easilly soloable since cata

The entirety of Black Temple is soloable. The only hard parts I had were Reliquary (proper interrupts, DPS cooldowns, and bubble got me through it) and Illidari Council (the damage ended up almost killing me). The rest of the fights were pathetically easy. I'm pretty sure I did all of them as ret. My ret ilvl is 461.

In Ulduar, Flame Leviathan is easy on both difficulties, XT, Iron Council, Kologarn and Freya were all easy. I think I hit the enrage on Hodir, but I still killed him. Mimiron was doable, but I failed. Algalon requires either extreme DPS (more than I believe is currently possible) or multiple players. I lived until I phased at 5 stacks and he did his raid-wide one-shot.

I'd imagine that Omnitron Council might be soloable (I was able to 3-man it before the pre-MoP patch, anyway). Onyxia is almost certainly easy. All of Naxx is, at last check, soloable. Sarth3D is soloable with enough DPS.

Kael'thas is easier than he's ever been. Just kite Thaladrad and Sanguinar to the beginning, kill the Capernian on the top tier of Al'ar's room. Kill Telonicus right outside Kael's room. Kill the weapons in the same spot. Kill Telonicus, Capernian, Sanguinar and Thaladrad and wait outside Kael's room. Telonicus will go down fast, but Sanguinar will probably catch up before you kill Capernian. It shouldn't be hard to keep yourself alive, though. Then make sure you're far enough to make Kael go outside of his room. You don't need the mace. Be careful if you are using the 450 engineering trinket, as it spawns a "pet," which enables Kael to MC you. I save bubble in case this happens. When Kael disables gravity, get away from him until the clouds despawn. Easy fight.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    In Ulduar, Flame Leviathan is easy on both difficulties, XT, Iron Council, Kologarn and Freya were all easy.
    in prot or retri?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelslife View Post
    in prot or retri?
    doesn't matter. 25man should require tank, but 10man will be easy as retribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Id say Pally is right behind DK. Hunter doesnt really solo anything, their pet does. See what a Hunter can do without a pet out and it isnt much. Basically Hunters arent soloing anything they are 3 manning stuff because they have a tank, a healer, and a DPS. I remember seeing pally videos of them soloing Wrath Heroics in only Naxx gear. But thats when Raekwon or whatever his name is took over and all you saw since then were DK videos. I still cant find good pally solo vids.
    Dafuq did I just read? I weep now for the intelligence people have lost reading this.

On topic, Paladins can solo all the normal and heroic dungeons prior to mists. You can solo nearly every boss of BC and wrath with the exceptions being ones whose mechanics require more than one person IE; Kalecgos or Halion. You can solo ulduar, naxxramas, togc, H icc, and even some cataclysm raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt66 View Post
    Anyone try FL regular/heroic yet? Is it doable? I still need a Rag's hammer!
    I'm soloing Alice on regular basis ofc now it's easy back in cata imposb as ret lowest I got her in cata 15%. For other bosses in FL I tryed 2 maning Lord Ryolith i switched to prot tanked adds and my firend lock was on leg duty. We tryed Beth'ilac but we wiped on 20-25% cause Beth'ilac had to many stacks and was hitting me for 80k per hit + AoE dmg ( to many stacks). Then there's questing can you solo Baleroc and Shannox. Only problem I see with Baleroc is Decimation blade what if you can't dodge it and you get hit by 90% of your hp and then you get 2nd hit in your face ofc we have LoH to get to 100% again but there's 3 Decimation blade hits and Crystall shards they'll explode in your face and if you take them you'll get debuff which reduce your healing. Shanoxx on other hand dogs might be a problem. Majordomo shouldn't cause to many prob ( mybe orb phase) and Rag you'll get massive stacks of debuff which will help you ofc but it's dot dmg once 1 and 2 transistion ph hits you wont have many targets to build holy power and plus you have to kill 8 adds , my guess here is try to kill as many as posb and then just bubble through.

Tried BoT on my pally instead of my DK this time and got 3/4 pretty easily. Obviously in prot spec... Halfus was easy, V&T is easy just a drawn out fight. Ascendent council is a bit hard if you don't have the gear for it. Because prot dps is garbage atm, it hinges on getting each council guy close to 25% as possible before pushing a phase transition. Even better if you can push Terrastra to sub 20% when he has his hardened skin up. P3 just burn him asap (best burst talents + strength pot) before you die from http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84529.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    Tried BoT on my pally instead of my DK this time and got 3/4 pretty easily. Obviously in prot spec... Halfus was easy, V&T is easy just a drawn out fight. Ascendent council is a bit hard if you don't have the gear for it. Because prot dps is garbage atm, it hinges on getting each council guy close to 25% as possible before pushing a phase transition. Even better if you can push Terrastra to sub 20% when he has his hardened skin up. P3 just burn him asap (best burst talents + strength pot) before you die from http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84529.
    I haven't soloed anything since MoP came out, but I am interested in your gear. Can you link your armory?

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I would like to know this too. If I can get past Razorgore, I'd like to be able to get my Judgement set.

Like that ^

10+ Year Old Account
    As prot and ret I can solo naxx 25 with the exception of the dumb dog coz he heals so much, as prot I can out heal enrage so if they dont have a heal mechanic they die. Hell even when i soloed 10 man LK he hit enrage and couldn't kill me, in like 360+ you should be fine with seal of insight and some clever WoG and CD usage

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Not talking about the faceroll level 60 stuff that everyone could do at level 70. Can Pally solo stuff like BT, Sunwell, Hyjal, or even ICC or Cata raids? Also for some can you do them as Ret or do you need to be prot for most?
    I soloed all but 4 boss's of uld*not counting the bonus boss* on my prot pally and most of ICC.

Just last week i got my first LK10 man kill ever.
    Being hit/exp capped dose help and SoL will be one of ur major heals some fights u won't need it but like i show in my LK video you will.

I tryed to do the fight many times like you would if u did it as current raid and i keep hitting the enrage timer around 14-18% on my 22try i had a idea to eat the AOE phase 1 and it worked and upped my dps time by a lot. on the 23rd try is when i recorded it and got my first LK solo kill. I had around ilvl462 but im sure u can do it with a bit less in ilvl maybe 450 is the lows u can do it in and not hit the enrage timer.

In the AOE phase with Sol on use HOR so it applys its debuff to adds and lk so they do less melee damage and each hit will heal you a good amount.

Edit: also to add i have soloed almost all of naxx10 i got bored and stuck on the dog fight and never went back but i did solo KT that was a cake walk. I pulled all adds in his room in phase 1 like 3 times for fun.

There is a few fights you may be able to pull off as ret but i was prot in most of my fights.
    If you got any questions you want to ask feel free to PM me or reply to the video at my youtube and ask there.

Also using prot with dps gear is not a bad thing as long as u got a decent amount of mastery to make up for the lack of dodge/parry
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-14 at 01:00 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD