Challenge modes are awesome...But...

I personally think C-Modes are an awesome idea on Blizzard's part, but fall short of what they could be. I love the difficulty level of them, that does NOT need to change. But 60 Valor for reward really? How about I-level 476-483 gear or equivalent raid gear, or 150-250 Valor for the daily. Something to give a reason to do them. I mean the difficulty is on par with 10man raids up to this point if not harder IMO. Getting the medals as a bragging trophy is cool and all but that I fear is not enough for challenge modes to survive in the long run. Maybe its just me, but when I spend 2hrs+ in a instance that gives nothing to you but a chance at transmog gear (If you can get gold on them) ...something doesn't mesh with me. Especially if feels like you have to treat these like raids, then I want raid rewards. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnblaze View Post
    Something to give a reason to do them.
    There are. Bragging rights via scoreboard, vanity gear, a mount. Just because you don't like those does not mean those aren't reasons to do them.

I personally think C-Modes are an awesome idea on Blizzard's part, but fall short of what they could be. I love the difficulty level of them, that does NOT need to change. But 60 Valor for reward really? How about I-level 476-483 gear or equivalent raid gear, or 150-250 Valor for the daily. Something to give a reason to do them. I mean the difficulty is on par with 10man raids up to this point if not harder IMO. Getting the medals as a bragging trophy is cool and all but that I fear is not enough for challenge modes to survive in the long run. Maybe its just me, but when I spend 2hrs+ in a instance that gives nothing to you but a chance at transmog gear (If you can get gold on them) ...something doesn't mesh with me. Especially if feels like you have to treat these like raids, then I want raid rewards. Thoughts?
    So you want gear as a reward that can't even really be used in Challenge Modes? While we're at it how about arenas award 476 gear and heroic raids award elite PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    the instant you put gear upgrades in it, it becomes mandatory for the average player, and obviously the average player cant complete them and would scream bloody murder for nerfs. it simply would cause more drama then anything. so no. C Modes dont need gear rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So you want gear as a reward that can't even really be used in Challenge Modes? While we're at it how about arenas award 476 gear and heroic raids award elite PvP gear.
    You cant reply if you have a Raiders profile pic. lmao

You cant reply if you have a Raiders profile pic. lmao
    wut?

Anyways there's plenty incentive. As said, stapling raid gear on would make them mandatory essentially, then calling for nerfs.
    Keeping it to vanity stuff keeps them safe.

Deleted
    No.

If they reward gear, everyone will try to do them. They will fail, and nerfs will be inevitable. CMs are fun, don't make them not fun.

Challenge modes are awesome. The way they are right now, you get rewarded for your skill level which is a really good thing and has for the most part been missing in PvE due to content nerfs etc. Personally, I like the rewards from them but once you get them there isn't much incentive to keep going. Getting 5 people together to put hours into a dungeon to better your time is pretty difficult, which is about the only real incentive after getting the medal you wanted originally. One way I feel to improve this is to have elder coins in addition to VP, you could for instance reward 50 coins for gold, 25 for silver and 10 for bronze. This would provide an additional way to get elder coins other than dailies and keep challenge mode rewards there in the long term after people have initially finished their achievements.

Deleted
    Wow. Give gear from challenge modes? Worst idea on these forums since mop release.
    They are there for a challenge, title/mount/transmog rewards for challenging.
    It's difficult, but not required to do. Why does everything have to give gear?
    Just be happy there's something you can do which takes time, is difficult and fun.
    From your post I doubt you're raiding anything more than normal. You don't need better gear. You can go in with half 463 gear and clear them in normal.

I really enjoyed wiping for hours to try gold/silver and eventually when we learned the dungeon just went for bronze. me and some from my guild will try them for gold/silver in the coming days.

edit: just do them with your guild and enjoy it, instead of pugging or whatever you do

"How about I-level 476-483 gear or equivalent raid gear, or 150-250 Valor for the daily"..As said above..I'm not saying just give us raid gear....I threw out a bump to the valor for the daily as another option.

Deleted
    "How about I-level 476-483 gear or equivalent raid gear, or 150-250 Valor for the daily"..As said above..I'm not saying just give us raid gear....I threw out a bump to the valor for the daily as another option.
    You have LFR, Sha of Anger, 483 for winning arenas, gold coins, what is the problem?
    It's lame they even increased the itemlevel between the two raids in same tier.

Sorry, but why do you want it to be so easy for you?
    You could put together a group and run the challenge modes every day, get full challenge mode gear?

It's so easy to get epics now, THINK ABOUT IT.
    You can get atleast 2 crafted gear, doesn't matter if you're cloth/leather/mail/plate.
    These are 476.
    Sha of Anger.
    3 Gold Coins you can use on Sha of Anger or LFR to get epics.
    9 bosses LFR.

Do you want to dance in flames ring for an hour and get epics aswell?

Higher valor points?
    You can do all of them in one day and get vp cap, or atleast close to it (I don't remember how many dungeons there is).
    Then you don't do heroics which results in slower queues, eventually very slow queues.
    Last edited by mmocc0c8b4ab50; 2012-11-14 at 05:12 AM.