Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    But the solution is so easy. Papa Johns said it themselves. 14 cents per pizza. That's nothing.

Why is this ass hat running around making a big stinking shit storm out of nothing. Raise the cost of each pizza by 14 cents, no one even notices, employees get health insurance, profit.

14 cents for the opportunity to have healthier, happier workers making my cardboard pizza. Shit I'd be fine with an extra dollar.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    But the solution is so easy. Papa Johns said it themselves. 14 cents per pizza. That's nothing.

Why is this ass hat running around making a big stinking shit storm out of nothing. Raise the cost of each pizza by 14 cents, no one even notices, employees get health insurance, profit.

14 cents for the opportunity to have healthier, happier workers making my cardboard pizza. Shit I'd be fine with an extra dollar.
    Raising prices because of necessity and not because of increased demand is generally not a good thing.

It makes a business less competitive in the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post

I'm not defending his bitching about it. I'm simply saying he's absolutely right about having to deal with the increased costs in some way. Papa John's isn't an Apple, Inc. that rocks damn near 30% profit margins.

Look at Dominos. Are they bitching? They don't seem to be, and their pizza is better than PJ's anyway. Buy from them.

No seriously, their pizza is fucking good if you consider the fact that it's just chain pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got laid off.
    Last day of work was supposed to by Friday but since my boss is a 'lovely woman' she is asking me to come in monday to finish my paperwork.
    She told me they dont have enough money to 'pay' me...guess she forgot im an associate accountant along with my main job- i can see how much money we have

sucks but at least i get to go spend christmas with my guy, who was awesome and bought me a ticket

(why you no work?!?! school full time and was working at a corporate job full time- moving back in with mum before i move to new state- so i take small break for end of year, then start 2013 fresh and positive)

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Look at Dominos. Are they bitching? They don't seem to be, and their pizza is better than PJ's anyway. Buy from them.
    Oh, I did. Two medium two topping pizzas for $12 is like 4 days worth of food (assuming you're having some salads and fruit and stuff too). Dominos prices are just crazy good.

No seriously, their pizza is fucking good if you consider the fact that it's just chain pizza.
    Legit. They're consistent, fast, and pretty good. You can do better local, but you can't beat their value. The aforementioned two topping with white sauce, steak, and onion or mushroom is just about unbeatable for its price.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    but you can't beat their value.
    My local Little Caesar's has a Tuesday special where you can get up to five large pizzas for $4.50 each. Value beaten!

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    My local Little Caesar's has a Tuesday special where you can get up to five large pizzas for $4.50 each. Value beaten!
    Nope! Much crummier pizza, in my opinion. I'll pay $12 for two Dominos pizzas instead for sure. I have no use for five pizzas anyway!

Gotta agree with LC's being great value to though. I just like Dominos a fair bit better. I'm not about to rage if I'm drinking and someone says they're grabbing LC's though.

Nope! Much crummier pizza, in my opinion. I'll pay $12 for two Dominos pizzas instead for sure. I have no use for five pizzas anyway!

Gotta agree with LC's being great value to though. I just like Dominos a fair bit better. I'm not about to rage if I'm drinking and someone says they're grabbing LC's though.
    It's more like $18 after you count the tip and delivery fee.

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    You go ahead and buy 5 pizzas for $22.50. I'll buy 2 pizzas for $18 ($13 if driving, which is what I would have to do with Little Caesar's anyway), be completely satisfied and not have 3 extra pizzas that will go bad.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-11-14 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post

You go ahead and buy 5 pizzas for $22.50. I'll buy 2 pizzas for $18 ($16 if driving, which is what I would have to do with Little Caesar's anyway), be completely satisfied and not have 4 extra pizzas that will go bad.
    Who the hell pays a delivery fee? Dominos are practically Starbucks with how many of them are in driving distance of any given area.

I usually pick it up. Almost every time I get pizza is on a weekend when I'm getting ready for football and need to do some grocery shopping anyway. The grocery store is like 1.5 miles away, and Dominos is about 0.3 miles from there, so it's not really worth the ~$6 for delivery and tip.

But yeah, delivery is amazing if it's one of those nights. Really, I can just put some shit into my computer and pizza shows up? Yes please.

Who the hell pays a delivery fee? Dominos are practically Starbucks with how many of them are in driving distance of any given area.
    Lots of people. That delivery is still offered as a service at pretty much every pizza place is a pretty sure sign of how common it is.

There was a Dominos in my college town when I was in school that tasted like shit smeared on half baked dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There was a Dominos in my college town when I was in school that tasted like shit smeared on half baked dough.
    They fucking sucked until they overhauled their stuff recently. I don't know what year that was, but it made an absolutely huge difference. They went from my least favorite pizza in the known universe to a solid 6.5 out of 10.

How long ago was that? They changed their stuff really drastically, they even aired commercials here that said something like "We know we sucked, we're sorry, we're good now."

They fucking sucked until they overhauled their stuff recently. I don't know what year that was, but it made an absolutely huge difference. They went from my least favorite pizza in the known universe to a solid 6.5 out of 10.
    Well that was really anti-climactic.

How long ago was that? They changed their stuff really drastically, they even aired commercials here that said something like "We know we sucked, we're sorry, we're good now."
    Now you owe me a Coke...

Now you owe me a Coke...
    Sorry, all I have is Pepsi.

IDK? 4 years ago?
    The change happened in 2009 if I'm looking this up right, so you were a bit early.

Eh. Almost any town is going to have a place where you can get pizza better than the chain stuff anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not shocked. Corporations are not going to take a loss in profits. Yeah it may not be right but its a reality.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3